What Breed is My Dog?

Can you tell what breed my puppy is? I can't tell because if she is Chihuahua. Why is her head not a perfect apple shape? Her ears are totally up.

By Lance from Manila, Philippines

It looks part Min Pin, my guess.

wat's a min pin ?

any suggestions about my pup ? i've searched about min pin's. the color is not like my pup has.

I would say it is a Chihuahua, remember all Chis are not appleheads. So darling.

Maybe a chihuahua and a jack russell terrier mix?

A Jack Russell? Or maybe it's not.

Looks like a Basenji to me.

I am not sure about the breed, and she could be a mix, but there are two different head shapes for a chihuahua. One is the apple head, and one is the deer shaped head. I had a deer head many years ago, and full grown, he was only 5 pounds, and a fawn color like your dog. What their breed is does not matter as much as whether they have a good personality. Is she willing to learn basic "rules", and come when you call, things like that. Just love her and be glad you have a friend to enjoy.

She looks like a chihuahua mix.

It could be a rat terrier or a chi rat terrier mix.

I don't know. I'd say Chi/Rat terrier mix?? Rat terriers have that narrower head and various colors. Whatever it is, it is adorable! And I'd rather have a dog that is different and special than one that looks like all the other dogs, any day! Enjoy your very special one-of-a-kind doggy!

Lance, not all chihuahuas have the apple head, some have what is called the deer head, with a longer nose. I have one of those. Your puppy is definitely at least half chihuahua, maybe more. Possibly one of his grandparents was another breed - maybe jack russel or rat terrier. He has perfect chihuahua ears!

I also have a chi mix who may be the same mix as yours - and my vet told me it is better for them to have some mix to them, makes them stronger and less likely to have the chihuahua health problems. You should be able to tell more about your pup when he gets bigger.

I will post her new pics here. She is longer now and much muscular, compared to that picx. She's about 10 weeks now, and I will be posting her new pics for more identification of her breed. I just want to have idea of what breed or what mix she have. I love this pup. I already spend a Lot of many because of her,and I'm willng to spend more for her healthy life.

Hmm I would say Chihauha mix. I am not really sure.

Pets Dogs AdviceMay 14, 2010
Photo of a pure bred dalmatian.
Dalmatian Breed Information and Photos
Cairn Terrier
Cairn Terrier Breed Information and Photos
mixed breed dog
What Breed is My Dog?
Cat
Identifying the Breed of Your Cat
🎄
🍂