Wild Bird Photos

Category Wildlife
All kinds of feathered friends can make excellent photography subjects in interesting situations, if you can catch it. This guide contains wild bird photos.

Woodpecker

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains woodpecker photos. These noisy garden visitors often make their presence known with their pecking on wood.

Blue Jay

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This guide contains blue jay information and photos. These north american native birds often appear in the yard and garden.

Cardinal in a tree.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about Cardinal information and photos. The Northern Cardinal or Redbird is a popular visitor at birdfeeders in the eastern United States. Their range also extends into southeastern Canada, and south into Mexico and Belize.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Photo Description
I went to the park in the early morning for a much needed walk. All of a sudden this big beautiful bird appeared and landed in front of me. It was awesome; it was so close. I stood there smiling and just admiring it. It looked right at me and didn't even get bothered at all by having its picture taken. Good morning to you too lovely birdie. ;)

Photo Location
Reid Park in Tucson, AZ

Comment Like this photo? 5

Great information likekinds ! :) You definitely know your birds. ;) I had searched and searched but could not find any information. That's very interesting and educational to finally know where it's from and it's habits. Appreciate it, thanks !

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Photo Description
Imagine a glass prism that breaks up light into all colors of the spectrum. Now imagine a glass prism that reflects light in only shades of blue.

Bluebirds feathers are practically colorless, like glass. They act as a prism, but returning only colors of a blue wavelength. When you see a bluebird, you do see blue, but it's not the feathers that are blue, just the refracted and reflected light bounced off the feathers.

Why would the bluebird evolve to have colorless feathers that reflect only beautiful shades of blue. We know so little.

Like my picture? I asked this little turdus if his breast was really red. He said, 'Look, I'm not going to undress just to satisfy your curiosity. You'll have to take my word for it, Bubba'.

Comment Like this photo? 4

neat! I just had Robins in my back yard (Florida) a few days ago - headed north - Spring is on the way.

Betty

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Photo Description
Catbirds like tomatoes. They devour all I give them. Isn't that sweet?

Comment Like this photo? 3

https://www.you  ch?v=FckCjy_j1vQ

IT TOTALLY SOUNDS LIKE A CAT!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Garden Variety Birds - dove looking bird with speckled collar feathers

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

Late afternoon, and our feathered friends know it is feeding time. Such beautiful creatures, each one, even the common or greys. And how interesting to note which varieties appear with variations in food - bread, seed, and various fruit types.

sparrow

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

I saw this bird sitting on my flower trellis and it was like he knew I was taking his photo and he posed for me.

green bird with red on head and throat

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

I found him injured in my balcony and nursed him. Now he stays with us on most days. He flies out at times but generally returns to us.

small speckled baby bird

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

I noticed a baby bird that had just left the nest and was learning to fly. So cute!

egrets and geese meet

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

These snowy egrets and Canadian geese seemed to be having a conference, as they were in the same place an hour later when I drove back by. The geese were letting themselves be heard while swimming back and forth in front of the Egrets.

bird nesting on light about hospital entrance

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

This little darling sits atop what appears to be a light and greets each person who walks through the doors of the emergency room. All the nurses loved it! I hope they let this little one stay here, since she has been here the whole time I have been staying here in the hospital with my mom.