Wild Bird Photos

Category Wildlife
grosbeaks in the snow eating
All kinds of feathered friends can make excellent photography subjects in interesting situations, if you can catch it. This guide contains wild bird photos.

This page contains woodpecker photos. These noisy garden visitors often make their presence known with their pecking on wood.

Woodpecker

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This guide contains blue jay information and photos. These north american native birds often appear in the yard and garden.

Blue Jay

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about Cardinal information and photos. The Northern Cardinal or Redbird is a popular visitor at birdfeeders in the eastern United States. Their range also extends into southeastern Canada, and south into Mexico and Belize.

Cardinal in a tree.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Photo Description
I went to the park in the early morning for a much needed walk. All of a sudden this big beautiful bird appeared and landed in front of me. It was awesome; it was so close. I stood there smiling and just admiring it. It looked right at me and didn't even get bothered at all by having its picture taken. Good morning to you too lovely birdie. ;)

Photo Location
Reid Park in Tucson, AZ

Comment Like this photo? 5

That is a Black Crowned Night Heron. http://www.audu … wned-night-heron

Reply Like this photo? 1

According to Anne, I was right. It is a shore bird. But, looking at some distribution maps tells me that according to the seasons, it can be found about anywhere in the Americas.

They are sluggish in daytime and don't really become active til near nightfall. Guess that's why he sat so quietly for you to photograph him.

Reply Like this photo? 1

What a wonderful and special moment and such a good picture of the bird. He is beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

---Robyn

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a way to get your exercise!

Beautiful bird - nice photo -

I am always glad to see beautiful creatures.

Thank you for taking the time to let us have this pleasure also.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Nice bird. Wonder what it is. If you hadn't mentioned Arizona, I would have assumed it to be a shore bird.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

It does look like one doesn't it ? :) I wonder too. Have not been able to find out. Hmmm.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Yes cybergrannie :) Can't imagine a world without birds. Thank you for taking the time to see and read !

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Thank you Robyn. :) It was special as you say. That bird took all my stress away in those moments. Animals can be so comforting. :)

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Thanks Anne ! Mystery solved. :)

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Great information likekinds ! :) You definitely know your birds. ;) I had searched and searched but could not find any information. That's very interesting and educational to finally know where it's from and it's habits. Appreciate it, thanks !

Reply Like this photo? Yes

You were right likekinds ! :) You know your birds. ;) I had searched and searched and could not find anything. It's great to finally know. That's very interesting and educational where it's from and it's habits. Appreciate it, thanks !

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Photo Description
Catbirds like tomatoes. They devour all I give them. Isn't that sweet?

Comment Like this photo? 3

I love it! Why are they called Catbirds? I love cats, I love birds, this SHOULD be my favourite animal!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Darling photo! Thank you for sharing this beautiful moment :)

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I really don't know why they're called catbirds. I do know that they occasionally make sounds almost indistinguishable from a cat's 'meow' or more specifically 'mew'. I'm sure the one who named the catbird, took this fact into consideration.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

https://www.you  ch?v=FckCjy_j1vQ

IT TOTALLY SOUNDS LIKE A CAT!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Thank you!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

These snowy egrets and Canadian geese seemed to be having a conference, as they were in the same place an hour later when I drove back by. The geese were letting themselves be heard while swimming back and forth in front of the egrets.

We have a few geese that stay year round, but most only stop over for a rest for a couple of weeks. Each day we have a pair that come up to our dock and stay a while. When the water is low, the egrets strut their stuff along the waters edge eating most of the summer.

By Ann W.

egrets and geese meet

Comment Like this photo? 6

Hi I live in Ontario Canada, and I have seen one of those Egrets, while fishing near the Cavendish Plant, on Lake Erie. It is such a beautiful bird! Thanks for the lovely pic.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I had an experience with swans not wanting to share a big pond with Canada geese. Both resident swans were very actively driving the geese away. And it was no contest regardless of the number of geese -- they all departed for elsewhere.

BTW: Perfectionists are upset when exposed to mention of 'CANADIAN' geese. They are CANADA geese, according to said experts.

I agree. We have thousands of them that over-winter here in NE Ohio. If I was a Canadian I'd not want to claim them either. They are really dirty awful pests. Wherever they live people don't want to walk, believe me.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Your Pet's Age
7-8 months

Your Pet's Breed
Bird - Species Unknown

How and when did you get your pet?
I found him injured in my balcony and nursed him. Now he stays with us on most days. He flies out at times but generally returns to us.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
He plucks hair out of our scalp! Ouch.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
His shiny green and red is so striking that it reflects a lot of light!

Comment Like this photo? 6

One of the joys of saving any wildlife is when they show their appreciation - in your case this little fellow loves to be with you. Just fabulous.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a cutie! :)

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Photo Description
I noticed a baby bird that had just left the nest and was learning to fly. So cute!

Comment Like this photo? 3

Sweet.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Imagine a glass prism that breaks up light into all colors of the spectrum. Now imagine a glass prism that reflects light in only shades of blue. That is way a bluebird appears blue, but what about this little guy?

Robin Red Breast - robin in part sun

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

I saw this bird sitting on my flower trellis and it was like he knew I was taking his photo and he posed for me.

sparrow

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

Late afternoon, and our feathered friends know it is feeding time. Such beautiful creatures, each one, even the common or greys. And how interesting to note which varieties appear with variations in food - bread, seed, and various fruit types.

Garden Variety Birds - dove looking bird with speckled collar feathers

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

This little darling sits atop what appears to be a light and greets each person who walks through the doors of the emergency room. All the nurses loved it! I hope they let this little one stay here, since she has been here the whole time I have been staying here in the hospital with my mom.

bird nesting on light about hospital entrance

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2