Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Wild Bird Photos

All kinds of feathered friends can make excellent photography subjects in interesting situations, if you can catch it. This guide contains wild bird photos.

October 8, 2013 Flag

The Northern Cardinal

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

With its unmistakable brilliant red color, the Northern Cardinal is one of the most popular and well-known song birds in North America.

June 18, 2013 Flag

Cardinal in a tree.

This is a guide about Cardinal information and photos. The Northern Cardinal or Redbird is a popular visitor at birdfeeders in the eastern United States. Their range also extends into southeastern Canada, and south into Mexico and Belize.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

March 15, 2017 Flag

Photo Description
Imagine a glass prism that breaks up light into all colors of the spectrum. Now imagine a glass prism that reflects light in only shades of blue.

Bluebirds feathers are practically colorless, like glass. They act as a prism, but returning only colors of a blue wavelength. When you see a bluebird, you do see blue, but it's not the feathers that are blue, just the refracted and reflected light bounced off the feathers.

Why would the bluebird evolve to have colorless feathers that reflect only beautiful shades of blue. We know so little.

Like my picture? I asked this little turdus if his breast was really red. He said, 'Look, I'm not going to undress just to satisfy your curiosity. You'll have to take my word for it, Bubba'.

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

neat! I just had Robins in my back yard (Florida) a few days ago - headed north - Spring is on the way.

Betty

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

December 22, 2016 Flag

Photo Description
I went to the park in the early morning for a much needed walk. All of a sudden this big beautiful bird appeared and landed in front of me. It was awesome; it was so close. I stood there smiling and just admiring it. It looked right at me and didn't even get bothered at all by having its picture taken. Good morning to you too lovely birdie. ;)

Photo Location
Reid Park in Tucson, AZ

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

Great information likekinds ! :) You definitely know your birds. ;) I had searched and searched but could not find any information. That's very interesting and educational to finally know where it's from and it's habits. Appreciate it, thanks !

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

March 1, 2017 Flag

Photo Description
Late afternoon, and our feathered friends know it is feeding time. Such beautiful creatures, each one, even the common or greys. And how interesting to note which varieties appear with variations in food - bread, seed, and various fruit types.

Photo Location
Johannesburg, South Africa

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

You captured the natural look of these lovely birds. I just love almost all birds - even the crows.

Thanks for sharing.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

November 15, 2010 Flag

Cardinal and Woodpecker

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

I was already taking pictures of this lovely female cardinal when the downy woodpecker came in. He nipped her tail a little, hence the indignant attitude!

August 30, 2011 Flag

Cardinal in Frozen Tree

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

It was an icy January morning in 2011, and I was snapping photos of the birds in our back yard here in north central Louisiana. I do this often from our back deck, it is like therapy for me! I was so happy to capture this fella's pose that day.

July 24, 2016 Flag

catbird with tomatoes

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Catbirds like tomatoes. They devour all I give them. Isn't that sweet?

January 19, 2011 Flag

Blue Jay

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

After a recent heavy snow, food was scarce and our feeder was the only game in town. The mornings are filled with blue jays, up to nine at a time sharing the feeder!

March 21, 2016 Flag

hawk on fence

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

This hawk visited our back yard several times. What a treat! I was lucky to have gotten such a great photo.

December 16, 2016 Flag

front view of hawk looking to the right sitting on leafless branch

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Yesterday morning, my husband shouted, "You want to see something pretty? Come and look!" He was in the kitchen, looking out the window.

December 10, 2010 Flag

Red Cardinals in the Snow

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Red cardinals are so pretty to look at in the snow in the winter. They decorate many calendars and Christmas cards, which is understandable. I hang my feeder close to the kitchen window, which gives me a meal time view of them.

May 21, 2015 Flag

Serenity Personified (Turtle Doves)

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

I managed to catch these two turtle doves in a tree in our backyard. They were enjoying the sun and didn't even notice me. They looked so peaceful and calm, as if nothing could ever disturb them.

July 12, 2016 Flag

sparrow

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

I saw this bird sitting on my flower trellis and it was like he knew I was taking his photo and he posed for me.

June 28, 2015 Flag

green bird with red on head and throat

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

I found him injured in my balcony and nursed him. Now he stays with us on most days. He flies out at times but generally returns to us.

July 29, 2015 Flag

small speckled baby bird

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

I noticed a baby bird that had just left the nest and was learning to fly. So cute!

April 4, 2011 Flag

Cardinal perched on tree branch.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

I happened to look out my kitchen window yesterday, and saw this beautiful cardinal sitting there posing for me!

January 4, 2011 Flag

Baby Cardinals

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

This was taken off my pool deck in my backyard. My husband was able to capture the wonderful moment of the baby cardinals in their nest waiting for their mom to come back with some food.

January 21, 2013 Flag

Cardinal in the snow

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

This cardinal sits in the forsythia bush every day as though he's posing for me. Sometimes he brings the Mrs., but she is very shy and stays in the background.

April 20, 2011 Flag

egrets and geese meet

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

These snowy egrets and Canadian geese seemed to be having a conference, as they were in the same place an hour later when I drove back by. The geese were letting themselves be heard while swimming back and forth in front of the Egrets.

July 18, 2016 Flag

bird nesting on light about hospital entrance

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

This little darling sits atop what appears to be a light and greets each person who walks through the doors of the emergency room. All the nurses loved it! I hope they let this little one stay here, since she has been here the whole time I have been staying here in the hospital with my mom.

July 13, 2016 Flag

gray and black bird

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

I think this is a dove, but I'm not for sure. I thought it was so pretty in the tree.

January 15, 2013 Flag

Pair of cardinals on bird feeder in the snow.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

The tranquility of the snow falling as a beautiful pair of cardinals rest on the bird feeder, was a picture I couldn't resist taking. :)

July 22, 2005 Flag

Baby birds.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

My husband climbed up in one of our backyard trees to hang some windchimes for me and discovered these precious baby doves. Aren't all of God's babies beautiful!

Load More
Photos WildlifeSeptember 25, 2014
Homemade Wild Bird Food
Homemade Wild Bird Food
Prunus avium in bloom.
Wild Cherry Tree Information and Photos
Cardinal in a tree.
Cardinal Information and Photos
A nest containing bird eggs.
Moving Bird Eggs
👒
🐰
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 18, 2017 at 2:42:40 PM on 10.0.1.31 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.