Wild Rice Soup
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped, peeled carrots
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups canned, fat free, low sodium (or homemade) chicken stock
- 1 (6 oz.) package long grain and wild rice
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken or turkey
- 3 Tbsp. sherry (I use the cooking sherry)
In a large pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute the onion and carrots over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the flour. Gradually add the broth, stirring constantly. Let the mixture come to a boil. Meanwhile, prepare the rice according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt. Add the cooked rice and cooked chicken or turkey and simmer 5 minutes. Add the sherry. If the soup gets too thick, add more chicken broth or water. Boil 1 minute and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
By Connie from Oden, Arkansas
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
In This Article
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 17, 2017 at 12:08:32 PM on 10.0.1.122 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us