Washing Windows for Less

When washing your windows mix equal parts vinegar and water to use as a cleaner and then use newspaper to dry. Cuts dirt on glass much easier and doesn't leave streak marks. Works inside or outside. It's less expensive and using the paper is more ecological too.

In a recent clipper you listed equal parts vinegar and water as a window cleaner. I have a homemade solution that works so much better. I learned this from a nurse when I worked retail and had to clean glass display cases and have used it ever since.

You mix in a spray bottle 1 part rubbing alcohol to 3 parts water. Use this spray to clean all glass and chrome around the house. It cleans quickly, easily and without streaking. As an added bonus it disinfects as it cleans which is especially when you have little ones in the house.

This mixture is also cheap to make. - Teresa

My army trained son washed windows with soapy water, rinsed with vinegar water and wiped with newspapers. It's the ink that polishes them so nicely. They were so clean I tho't they'd been removed (they are sliders which can be removed)

Vinegar, ammonia, and rubbing alcohol. Been using for years. The alcohol makes it dry quick.

A man cleaning a window in his house.
Saving Money on Window Cleaner
Home and Garden Cleaning GlassJanuary 31, 2001
Cleaning Windows
Cleaning Lawn Service Chemicals from Windows
A woman stand in a room built using recycled windows.
Building with Recycled Windows
Installing a New Window
Hiring Someone to Replace Your Windows