How to Clean Your Own Room

How do I clean my own room up? I want it to look nice.

Troy

The first step to cleaning up your room is to pick up anything that is on the floor. Dirty clothes should go into a hamper or basket to go to the laundry. Any garbage or papers that you no longer need, should go into a garbage or recycling bag. Any books or items that are on the floor should be put back where they belong. If they don't have a special place you might want to either find a place for them (a drawer or bookshelf) or put them into a bag for donation.

Next clean off any surfaces such as the top of dressers or end tables. Take everything off the tops and clean them good. If they are really dirty, use a damp (not wet) sponge, otherwise a dust rag will do.

Make sure the things put back on the surfaces are only things you need on top such as lamps, clocks, radios or the books you are currently reading.

It is important to have a book shelf for your books and a dresser or closet for your clothing and a hamper or basket for your dirty clothes. If you don't, see if you can get something to use to help you organize your clothing, books and other items.

Clean out anything under the bed that shouldn't be there.

Next, make your bed. A room always looks cleaner when your bed is made.

Vacuum or sweep the floor to finish. Then take the dirty clothes to the laundry, the garbage to the garbage can, the recycling to the recycling bins.

Hope this helps. - Susan

Make it look nice by finding a topic for your room.

And make it so you don't have clothes hanging out of your dresser by folding and hanging clothes.

I've got to go. I have my own room to clean.

Trisha Marie

This Helps a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!1

thanks for the tips i have a disaster to clean.... Yikes!!!!

Hi

I loved these tips and they are such commonsense steps that are great.

However, one thing I can speak of from experience is that if you are challenged in the area of organising yourself, these steps can be rather difficult.

If you are a born organised person, then those steps shouldn't be too much bother.... but... here's the catch.

What do you do when 1. You go to clean your room and you get sidetracked? 2. The room looks so disorganised that the steps go out the window and you try your best but nothing seems to get done? or 3. You throw your hands up and give up in disgust?

When I am totally overwhelmed I spend 10 or 15 minutes on one task only. That may be going through papers that have been thrown on the floor. I don't try and recycle but I have 2 piles: 1) A throw away pile and 2) A filing away pile. The important papers are stacked in a neat pile and when I have finished that task I then put them away in a safe place (preferably filed).

Your room may not look any different, but in 5-15 minutes you have made a dent in the chaos.

I never try to clean up a room in one hit, unless I'm in a total panic because visitors are coming. In that case everything gets thrown into a huge garbage (trash) bag and put somewhere conspicuous.

However, I know that if I spend at least 5-15 minutes a day in my worst room, my house eventually gets tidy.

If you don't believe me, check out www.flylady.net

I'm an Aussie flybaby who was living in chaos and now is happyily fluttering.

God bless

Bev

thank you so much susan!

1.) take everything out. 2.) sort into piles(a keep pile, a toss pile, and a pile that you can give away to goodwill or something 3.) get everything that you arent keeping out of the room(garbage in the trash, donations in a box or on a shelf) 4.) organize into piles(games, clothes, toys, etc.) 5.)find things that you can store your stuff in(old boxes, crates, etc.)6.) put in hooks or nails( for belts and other things like that) 7.) hang up clothes or put them on shelves! 8.) put any other thing in a storage unit or on a shelf 8.) pick up anything that is on the floor and put it in the place that it's supposed to go.(if it doesnt have a place get it out of there!) 9.) enjoy a clean closet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks sooo much! i now have a clean room woot! thanks again

These are really good tips. Thanks a lot!!!

Every day think to clean but I do something else.

That was awsome it really helped thanks!

Dear evreyone ummm i NEED HELP!i try and i try but the clutter keeps pyling up.....and i need tips for a kid since im 12 years old and im new to this site...

please help me!! ive had a messy room for years and im tired of it.

thx

I am almost forty years old and I have had messy rooms for at least seven years. I am going to try the plastic boxes idea I think "wheelbarrow" recommended in another thread. For me, it's obviously in a chronic state. I have two rooms full of stuff. I have tons of papers that I can't get rid of. Such as financial documents, or health insurance documents, or automobile insurance records, a lot of business contacts, etc.... important stuff! Yet I find it incredibly difficult to organize them. Plus, I have tons of other important info. And all of my forty years of stuff, I only have about 25 square feet of free space in which to put them. So it's really going to be a toughie. The bookshelves and cupboards are 100% filled. My landlord won't let me put any more file cabinets in my room. The closets are 99.9% filled, so I am also thinking of giving a lot of my clothes to the poor. I hope to post back with my (positive!!) results.

CLEAN YOUR ROOM IN 10 EASY STEPS!

Step 1: Pick up all clothes and put them in you laundry basket.

Step 2: Pick up all books and magazines.

Step 3: Pick up all papers you are going to keep.

Step 4: Pick up all toys and games.

Step 5: Pick up all arts and crafts.

Step 6: Pick up all shoes.

Step 7: Pick up all purses.

Step 8: Pick up all trash.

Step 9: Make your bed.

Step 10: Mop or vacuum.

CONGRATULATIONS YOUR BEDROOM IS NOW CLEAN!

HOPE IT HELPS. MEGAN, 11 YRS OLD IN TEXAS

this is what works for me.

1. First, scoop out everything from under your bed, dressers, desks etc.

2. Next, walk around you room with a trashcan or a trash bag and gather up all of the trash.

3. Now, pile up all of the stuff that is out of place on top of your bed. Stuff like clothes, books, pencils, games, toys, so on so forth.

4. Right now you have a huge pile on your bed. Grab one item from the pile at a time and put it in its place. Make a rule that once you have picked up something you cant put it back in the pile. Put all your clothes in the hamper, your books on the bookshelf, your toys in a box.....

5. Next, you're going to wipe the surfaces of desks, dressers etc. Use a dust rag or some disinfecting wipes such as Clorox.

6. You're almost done! Remove all the bedding from your bed. Now put on clean and fresh bed sheets and make your bed. A room always looks nicer with a made bed.

7. Wipe your floor with a mop if you have hardwood floors. If not, you can use a special vacuum for carpets or you can use some special spray. Either way, a clean floor will make a big difference!

8.Now you can spend some time organizing your bookshelf, closet, or drawers. However, this is not necessary. And won't make a big difference on your room's appearance.

9. Spray some air freshner and you're done!

Post it note that says clean your room on it.
Getting Kids to Keep Their Rooms Clean
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceNovember 8, 2003
A picture of the Eiffel Tower.
Decorating a Room With a Paris Theme
Installing Crown Molding, Crown Molding Ready to be Installed
Installing Crown Molding
Furniture in a Living Room
Arranging Furniture in a Living Room
Room With Many Doors
Decorating a Room With Many Doors
🎉
🎄