Bleach Stain on a Countertop

Is there any way to get rid of a bleach stain out of an orange countertop?

I need some good advice on how to remove a white stain from my dark green countertop. I've tried vinegar, Oxy-Clean, Household Cleaner, and even Rubbing Alcohol to get it out. I'm not sure what caused it, but looks like the base of a tumbler that kids use when brushing their teeth. Not sure if it is stained from toothpaste or soap, bleach or what?

It's very obvious, except when it's wet, seems to disappear and there is not obvious sign of a stain until the area dries. When wet, the grain and design of the countertop are not damaged, but the 1/2 moon stain will gradually reappear as it dries.

Use liquid silver polish, tarn-x. Will take it out in seconds.

The only way I sometimes get dye out of my countertops (I dye fabric) is to bleach it, then take out the bleach stains with the tarn-x.

Thanks illiaccrest, TarnX did the job. I had tried most other tricks without success.

And I had a big stain on white formica.( It took all of five minutes!)

Do not use bleach on your white counter tops. They leave horrific yellow stains. I tried shout and lemon juice and the stains aren't as yellow, but they are still. I am going to try Tarnex next.

Hi, I have yellow stains on my white countertop that were caused by a soap dish that I bought from target. I have tried many things to get rid of them, but nothing is working, can anyone help me? I would really appreciate it!

I have a fountainhead molded counter top that has been stained by tea. How can I get the stains out? I have tried comet with bleach and other cleaners without success. Is there a protective coating I can apply once I get it clean. I need help. Thanks bwright @ Abilene.com

My white Corian counter has yellowed over time. How can I bring it back to white? I can't afford a new counter and am getting my house ready for this awful market.

I don't know of anything for bleach stains. But for coffee, tea, kool-aid, jello, and I-don't-know-what-in-the-world-this-is stains, I've successfully used a paste of baking soda. If mild rubbing doesn't remove it, I'll cover the paste with a wet cloth and leave it until the frustration of failure leaves me -- sometimes overnight (lol). It hasn't failed me yet for the types of stains I've been subjected to. Good luck.

I have a solution for the yellow discoloration left by bleach products on formica countertops. Try Silver Jewelry Cleaner. This will remove he yellow discoloration in seconds. I used the liquid stuff with the little basket inside the jar for the jewlery. It can be found at most stores with jewelry counters. I have purchased it at Walmart and Bed Bath & Beyond ($4.99) The brand that I use is Connoisseurs Revitalizing Silver Jewelry Cleaner. Just wet a cloth and rub it on the countertop. The discoloration will disappear in seconds. I have white formica countertops and have also experienced the same yellow discoloration with the use of bleach products. This really works.

Thanks so much for that information about the silver cleaner. I went to wal-mart right away and could not believe how well it worked. Thanks so much for sharing!

Thanks, I used Tarnx and it worked great.

I have a white patterned formica counter top that I've used bleach on many times to get a coffee stain, kool aid stain, etc, and it worked fine with no bleach stains. However, I had a recent issue when I was soaking something in bleach water, and the water somehow leaked on to the counter, then leaving a yellowish stain. Going to try the Tarnx today. I'll post my results!

Used the connoisseurs silver cleaner, and it took it right off within seconds! Thanks for the tip!

I have bleach stains on my brand new counter top, is there anyway I can get rid of them? I tried baking soda and water but it didn't help at all.

Tammy

Answers:

Bleach stains on counter top.

Unfortunately bleach spots might not come out no matter what you use. It actually changes the color of the surface. If your new counter top is Corian or one of the new solid countertops, you may be able to sand it down to the color again. If it is Formica (it is a laminate placed over wood), you are probably out of luck. Use great care when using bleach on countertops. (02/04/2003)

By ThriftyFun

Bleach stains on counter top.

I had this happen on a dark green formica counter top. The bleach caused a white frosted appearance. The only way I could remove it was by hand sanding gently with 1500 grit SiC sandpaper, then used a silver polish to re-smooth the surface. The risk is that you may go too deep as I did in one area since the strain was deeper in this one spot. Bleach really does a job on Formica and it wasn' that it bleached the pattern but rather changed the surface characteristics (07/05/2004)

By Bill M.

Bleach stains on counter top.

I poured neat bleach all over our year old kitchen surfaces to remove tea stains and now I have huge yellow stains everywhere. This occured on a white color top so no colour is safe from bleach.BEWARE THE BLEACH OR PAY DEARLY!
(01/22/2006)

Bleach stains on counter top.

I used Shout (laundry stain remover) to remove yellow bleach stains on my white counter. After trying many products without success, I sprayed Shout on the stain and let it soak overnight. It worked! (06/29/2006)

By mnmom

Bleach stains on counter top.

Try soaking a papertowel in reconstituted lemon juice place it over stain to soak. (08/23/2006)

By k-ray-z