How often should my dog eat?

How many times a day does a six month old Pit Bull eat?

Seratta from Chicago, IL

I would contact a vet if you have a pitbull.

I would ask your vet but, the amount to feed your puppy should be printed on the can or bag of puppy food.

I have one the same age. I feed him 2 times a day. about a cup each.

Depends on how active your pit is and what type of food you're feeding him/her. If you are feeding your dog a lower quality food, you'll need to feed it more and if you're feeding him/her high quality food, he/she will need less. I go by the feeding recommendations printed on the bag of food and just judge by how active my dog is.

I've raised 4 dogs. Right now I own 3 of them. I have a chihuahua, a toy poodle and a German Shepherd. I keep the dog food on the floor in a large bowl full time. I never let the bowl go empty and my dogs eat when they get hungry. They never over eat and are not over weight. My chi is 5, my Shepherd is almost 4 and the poodle is a pup.

I've always offered my dogs what I eat and you know, they don't beg and won't eat most table scraps offered to them. I think it's because they know they can have it so they don't want it. Strange, but it always worked for me. Mind you, I don't think you can start this with older dogs as they will probably over eat and gobble everything up fast. I started this as pups and it's worked for me.

Feeding Puppies
Feeding Puppies
Pets Dogs AdviceJuly 23, 2007
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Slice of cantaloupe with other cantaloupes in the background.
Peeling and Slicing Melon
Old Apple
Are My Apples Safe to Eat?
A bunch of cherries still on the tree.
Using Up Your Cherry Harvest
🎉
🎄