Caring for a 3 Week Old Puppy?

I am new at this because the mom didn't wanna take care of them and only one lived so I took her in. Suddenly, my 3 week old puppy doesn't wanna eat anymore and is sleeping all day. She keeps opening her mouth when she is awake. Is all this because she's teething and I'm worrying over nothing?

Not eating would concern me. I would contact the vet.

Please get the pup to a vet and have her checked out. Pups need special "mothers" milk (some tractor supply places have it or you can get it from the vet) and the vet can tell you how often and ways to get it into her to keep her strength up.

Post back with an update! Sending up lots of prayers!

After couple hours I sent this, she started eating again, but continues to open her mouth and biting on her blanket. Its funny when my mom hold her, or anyone else. She growls at them and throws a little bark.

Sounds very encouraging! I would still have her checked out just to be safe! Blessings! Keep us posted!

Its good your puppy started eating again. It could be she has some food caught in her teeth and it is bothering her. Or she could have a stick stuck in her mouth. Have a gentle look if she will let you. Could be she is teething. You did not mention how often or fast she opens and closes her mouth. Rapidly opening and closing her mouth (like she is chewing gum real fast) can be a sign of distemper.

Opening and closing her mouth over and over, but less quickly can be a sign of epileptic seizures. It can be hard to tell if it is nothing or something serious. If it doesnt stop right away I would get her to a Vet. If you do need to see a Vet try to take a video of her doing it. Good luck.

Pets Dogs AdviceSeptember 4, 2019
👒
🌻
🐛
👔
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Caring-for-a-3-Week-Old-Puppy-1.html