Share & Vote
Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Burn Marks on Porcelin Sink

Does anyone know how I can fix this? I put a hot fry pan in my kitchen sink Instead of letting it cool off, I put it in there hot, and it burnt the porcelin sink in 2 spots about the size of a half dollar. It is a brand new sink and I am devastated. I did not think this would of happened. Any help would be appreciated.

Karen from Sacramento, California

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By LORI (Guest Post)02/07/2006

IF NOTHING ELSE WORKS, CONTACT YOUR HOMEOWNER'S INSURANCE. IT SHOULD BE COVERED.

By Beth (Guest Post)02/07/2006

If the burn has eaten into the surface (run your fingertip over the edge to feel if there is a slight depression) you will need to have it refinished. You can coat it temporarily with white nail polish.

By Guest (Guest Post)02/06/2006

Take an alka seltzer tablet and dip it in a little water. Then gently rub it into the stain. You should see results in just a few minutes. You can also try baking sode, but that could dull the surface.