Burn Marks on Porcelin Sink

Does anyone know how I can fix this? I put a hot fry pan in my kitchen sink Instead of letting it cool off, I put it in there hot, and it burnt the porcelin sink in 2 spots about the size of a half dollar. It is a brand new sink and I am devastated. I did not think this would of happened. Any help would be appreciated.

Karen from Sacramento, California

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Take an alka seltzer tablet and dip it in a little water. Then gently rub it into the stain. You should see results in just a few minutes. You can also try baking sode, but that could dull the surface.

If the burn has eaten into the surface (run your fingertip over the edge to feel if there is a slight depression) you will need to have it refinished. You can coat it temporarily with white nail polish.

IF NOTHING ELSE WORKS, CONTACT YOUR HOMEOWNER'S INSURANCE. IT SHOULD BE COVERED.

Answer

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsFebruary 5, 2006
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 25, 2016 at 7:16:01 AM on 10.0.2.141 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.