Browsing: Asking a Guy to a Dance

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Asking a Guy to a Dance

Tolo and Sadie's school dances are an established opportunity for girls to invite a guy to go to the dance with them. This is a guide containing ideas for asking a guy to a dance.

Boy and shy girl standing by lockers.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

January 16, 2011 Flag

Please help. There is this guy I like a lot and I want to ask him to the Valentine's dance, but I don't know how. Does anyone have any cute ideas?

By Harlie

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You must be brave. Life is too short to just sit by and allow another girl to snap him up without you taking the risk. Just walk up and smile, and ask him to go with you. If he says no then either go by yourself or ask someone else. Plenty of fish. I'm 37 and I went to my junior prom with a guy, and it was fun but I went on my own to my senior prom and had a blast. Just ask him!

In my day, the girls all waited for the guy to ask the girl to go to the dance. Now that things have reversed a gal finds herself going through the humiliation of rejection while the guy has to figurre a way to let her down easy. I think guys still should be the pursuer and the girls need to be patient and wait. If you're not asked, then he's not that interested.

I agree that you should simply ask him but if you're nervous about asking verbally why don't you cut out a heart from a nice piece of red paper, write on the inside of the folded side, "Will You Go To The Valentine's Dance With Me?", fold it back in half, hand it to him in person, stand there in front of him until he reads it and see what happens. Here is a link of how to cut your own nice heart:

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Symmetrical-Paper-Heart

Let not your heart be troubled or your ego and confidence be crushed if he says no because, as was already mentioned, there are plenty of fish in the sea and you'll have fun going to the dance with or without a date. Let us know what happens. :-)

January 12, 2015 Flag

I've been talking to this guy for a while. Twirp is coming and I really want to ask him. I've never asked anyone before, so I want this to be cute and special. He's into dirt biking, hockey, video games, and he loves cookies. Any ideas?

By Jordan M.

Make or buy a giant size of his favourite cookie and using a tube of decorating icing or gel, write something like: It would be sweet if you would be my date for Twirp.

October 24, 2013 Flag

I need a cute way to ask this guy to a dance.

By Allison from Forest City, IA

"Wanna dance?" will do just fine.

Depending on the occasion, you could try "Shut up and dance!" like the song.

If the guy has not danced yet all evening, try: "Do you want to dance or fake it like I do?"

Whatever you say, say it loud and face on to facilitate lip reading, in order to avoid a "Huh?", which would buy him time to think up an excuse.

Alright I know what you're talking about:) If you go on pinterest or just search it on the web, there are tons of cute ideas! It kinda depends on what this guy likes and such. For example, my boyfriend is the drumline captain so I was thinking of asking him with drumsticks or something. But he also loves Disneyland so I was also thinking of asking him there. Depending on how much you know this guy, you may want to go with something simple like a sign, but they also love when you tie their personal interests into asking them:)

October 19, 2014 Flag

I like this guy at my school and I want to ask him to the dance. The thing is I'm scared and really nervous to ask him. What's the best way to ask someone without getting nervous?

By briannajeanne

I've been there before and the thing is the nerves never really go away until you ask him. You just have to be confident in yourself and know that whether he says yes or no that you are still an amazing person and that you deserve someone who can see that and love that. If you don't want to ask him directly because it is too nerve-racking, you can always give him something(creatively made by you) asking him to the dance. But don't be so afraid that you don't ask him at all! Best of luck to you! Just keep being you and that'll do it:)

February 15, 2014 Flag

This is a guide about asking a boy to homecoming. You may want to figure a clever way to invite a favorite person to an important formal school dance.

Couple Going to Homecoming

November 23, 2013 Flag

This guide is about asking a guy to a prom. When asking someone to go on a special date, you need to feel confident and ready for any answer.

A girl with her prom date.

February 14, 2013 Flag

This is a guide about asking someone to Sadie Hawkins. Planning how to ask a boy to a Sadie Hawkins dance can be a lot of fun.

a girl in a formal dress

January 31, 2013 Flag

Well, I was texting the guy I'm going to ask to our girls choice dance (Tolo) and I told him I'm asking this other guy and I need ideas. I asked him how he would want to be asked so I could use that idea to ask him. He doesnt know I'm asking him, he thinks I'm asking somebody else.

Anyways, he said that it would be cool to bake something (he said brownies) for the guy and have a GIANT poster that reads "TOLO?" Then you give the guy a clothing item (eg. sunglasses, watch, snapback/beanie, etc.). My BFF is asking his best friend so we are going to ask them at the same time.

What we are going to do is bake some brownies and go to the Dan's house (the guy I'm asking) since I'm friends with his family. We are going to have the poster and be waiting inside at the entrance to his house. She is going to be wearing a white shirt that says "Will" and I'm going to be wearing a white shirt that says "Dan/Daniel". I'll wear a snapback to give to Dan and she will be wearing a beanie to give to Will. It's going to be perfect. We know Will and Dan are going to say yes because I asked if Will would say yes to her and he said he would. And Will asked Dan who he wants to ask him to Tolo and he said he really wants me to ask him. Anyways, I hope this was worth reading and not too confusing! Hope this works if you're planning on asking somebody with your friend! This works for guys and girls :)

By Em'n'm

February 22, 2012 Flag

I don't know any cute, fun ways to ask a guy to morp. It's girl's choice and it'll be my 1st high school dance. I am a junior and want to make this a fun memorable time

By Kayla W.

Write it on his car with washables.

Just make a poster and lots of balloons around his room or in his class then you write yes on red no on black and maybe on yellow. Then tell him to pop his answer and give it to you.

October 23, 2013 Flag

I have a crush on my guy friend and really want to ask him to Co-ed, but can't think of cute ways. He is really into science, but I don't have any ideas.

By Emily F. from Pocatello, ID

Have you seen those posters that use elements from periodic table to spell out words? You can search it, but if he's really into science that might be a really good idea:) Or maybe just asking him in his science class, getting the teacher in on it? Idk, just brainstorming :P

September 17, 2013 Flag

So there's this guy and he's a senior and plays football, likes God, the army, and video games. I need to come up with a cute and unique way of asking him. Any ideas?

Load More
Holidays and Parties Parties School DancesFebruary 29, 2012
daddy daughter dance ideas
Planning a Daddy Daughter Dance
Girl waiting for her date to a dance.
Asking a Guy to Winter Formal
A girl with her prom date.
Asking a Guy to Prom
How to Belly Dance, Beautiful Bealldancer
How to Belly Dance
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 26, 2016 at 5:39:57 AM on 10.0.0.57 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.