Ideas for Asking a Guy to a Dance

Tolo and Sadie's school dances are an established opportunity for girls to invite a guy to go to the dance with them. This is a guide containing ideas for asking a guy to a dance.

Boy and shy girl standing by lockers.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

So today I'm sick, and I was going to ask my boyfriend to the dance. I was wondering if I made a big piece of paper that said "TOLO?" on it, took a picture with it, and sent it to him; would That be a good idea? I feel bad for not asking him in person.

By Ann K.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I would ask in person. If he is your boyfriend I would assume he would plan on going with you. I assume Tolo is similar to Sadie Hawkins Day.

Read More Answers...

I'm really good friends with this guy from another school. I haven't seen him in person for a couple months, but I talk to him on the phone everyday. I really like him and I want to ask him to my school's dance that's coming up. I want to ask him in a simple way, nothing fancy, but I don't know how to bring the dance up in conversation. I need help fast because I only have ONE WEEK until I have to ask him.

just ME! from Cincinnati, OH

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

To all my single and shy ladies listen up! Ladies every girl should have their white night with someone special. Your night can be special only if you make it special. Now I have a problem too. I want to go to this boys prom but I'm afraid he'll say "no" or just laugh in my face. But I want to prove that I can have fun and party like a rock star. No girl should have to stay at home crying because they don't have there dream date. So this is what I did. I went home and thought about some things we have in common. Then I typed it on the computer and read the list to him. And then I said "that's why we make a good couple. I can make your night special and be your prom princess." Can I be your prom date for the night? I should get his answer this sunday. So ladies this is what I'm saying: Take a deep breath, relax, and then just pop the question! Hopefully you get your white night! And don't forget to smile! Remember girls if you want a date to the dance just be yourself! Good luck!

Read More Answers...

My school is having a winter formal at my school and it's girls ask guys. I want to ask my boyfriend to go with me in a fun and cute way. It's in about a month and I know he'll say yes, but I wanna make it a nice surprise. He has no idea about it either and he goes to another school. Any ideas? :)

By Michelle B

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Take a piece of paper asking him to winter formal and have the paper eliminated. Put the paper in a bucket of water then freeze it. Have him melt/break the ice to see what the message says.

Read More Answers...

So coed is on the 20th and I wanna ask this guy that I really like. I've already asked him through text, but I wanna ask him in a better way. I can't come up with anything good. Please help.

By Erika from Pocatello, ID

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

AJ, thanks for the goldfish idea. My boyfriend is a sucker for sweet things like that. Im asking him to my senior Homecoming this weekend.

Thanks girl!

-Dana-

Read More Answers...

I've been talking to this guy for a while. Twirp is coming and I really want to ask him. I've never asked anyone before, so I want this to be cute and special. He's into dirt biking, hockey, video games, and he loves cookies. Any ideas?

By Jordan M.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Make or buy a giant size of his favourite cookie and using a tube of decorating icing or gel, write something like: It would be sweet if you would be my date for Twirp.

Please help. There is this guy I like a lot and I want to ask him to the Valentine's dance, but I don't know how. Does anyone have any cute ideas?

By Harlie

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I agree that you should simply ask him but if you're nervous about asking verbally why don't you cut out a heart from a nice piece of red paper, write on the inside of the folded side, "Will You Go To The Valentine's Dance With Me?", fold it back in half, hand it to him in person, stand there in front of him until he reads it and see what happens. Here is a link of how to cut your own nice heart:

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Symmetrical-Paper-Heart

Let not your heart be troubled or your ego and confidence be crushed if he says no because, as was already mentioned, there are plenty of fish in the sea and you'll have fun going to the dance with or without a date. Let us know what happens. :-)

Read More Answers...

I need a cute way to ask this guy to a dance.

By Allison from Forest City, IA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Alright I know what you're talking about:) If you go on pinterest or just search it on the web, there are tons of cute ideas! It kinda depends on what this guy likes and such. For example, my boyfriend is the drumline captain so I was thinking of asking him with drumsticks or something. But he also loves Disneyland so I was also thinking of asking him there. Depending on how much you know this guy, you may want to go with something simple like a sign, but they also love when you tie their personal interests into asking them:)

Read More Answers...

I like this guy at my school and I want to ask him to the dance. The thing is I'm scared and really nervous to ask him. What's the best way to ask someone without getting nervous?

By briannajeanne

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I've been there before and the thing is the nerves never really go away until you ask him. You just have to be confident in yourself and know that whether he says yes or no that you are still an amazing person and that you deserve someone who can see that and love that. If you don't want to ask him directly because it is too nerve-racking, you can always give him something(creatively made by you) asking him to the dance. But don't be so afraid that you don't ask him at all! Best of luck to you! Just keep being you and that'll do it:)

So there is this boy that I have liked since last year when I was a freshman. We have a winter dance soon called the Football Ball and the cheerleaders hold it. Can you help me come up with some cute ideas to ask him to the dance? Thank you.

By SaraJean from Casper, WY

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Here is what I did last year, I asked him through telephone. This year, I am planning to do a flashmob with some friends! Also, getting some baseballs, and writing "will you go to Sadies with me?". What should I do with the number 22 because he plays football and baseball. 22 is his football number!

Read More Answers...

What's a good way to ask my hockey player bf to Sadies?

By Bao

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Umm I have a steady bf for 11 months today and I am still looking for a cute way to ask him to a dance at my school. We go to different schools so I am inviting him to the dance and sorry I don't have any ideas of my own but I just wanted to say I think it will be really adorable and not kindergardenish at all. It will be super cute and he will love it no matter how you ask! Good luck!

Read More Answers...

How can I ask my guy friend to a semi formal dance? My crush and I have been good friends for a while and there is a semi formal dance coming up. I really want to ask him, but one he is a year older than me and I don't know of he will take me seriously. Secondly, I don't want to make this friendship weird. Please help!

By Taylor

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Just ask him! Go for it. You only live once, might as well have some fun. Take a risk. If you don't, you'll beat yourself up for not doing it because what if he would of said yes?!

Read More Answers...

My boyfriend and I have a long distance relationship and my school is having a formal dance; he lives 3 hours away. What would be a creative way to ask him to Tolo without having to go all the way down just to ask and then leave to go back home. The only idea that came to mind was to call some sort of a shop and have them deliver something with a note card saying "tolo?", but it's not too creative.

By Ashley

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I think having something delivered with a note would be a fun thing, especially if it was a bit of an oddity - like a pizza for example, that usually doesn't come with a message. That is, if you can get the pizza place to do it. I would be sure that you put the appropriate info in the note so he knows what you are talking about, and how and when to reply.

The Sadie Hawkins (girls ask the guys), dance is coming up soon and there is this guy in my class I really like. He just made the soccer team and he likes riding motorcycles. I really want him to say yes. How should I ask him?

By M

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Get a soccer ball and write " wanna kick it at homecoming with me " on it with both of your names.

I don't know any cute, fun ways to ask a guy to morp. It's girl's choice and it'll be my 1st high school dance. I am a junior and want to make this a fun memorable time

By Kayla W.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Just make a poster and lots of balloons around his room or in his class then you write yes on red no on black and maybe on yellow. Then tell him to pop his answer and give it to you.

Read More Answers...

I have a crush on my guy friend and really want to ask him to Co-ed, but can't think of cute ways. He is really into science, but I don't have any ideas.

By Emily F. from Pocatello, ID

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Have you seen those posters that use elements from periodic table to spell out words? You can search it, but if he's really into science that might be a really good idea:) Or maybe just asking him in his science class, getting the teacher in on it? Idk, just brainstorming :P

This is our winter formal where girls ask guys! How should I ask a good friend who does rodeo to it, in a cute way?

By Hailee

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If he is a good friend, why can't you just ask him? I don't understand why people think everything has to done in a cute way.

So there's this guy and he's a senior and plays football, likes God, the army, and video games. I need to come up with a cute and unique way of asking him. Any ideas?

By Tiffany D.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

See if you can find a plastic army man, you know one of the green ones. Write your question on a circle of white cloth. Punch 4 holes in it, tie a string in each hole and tie it on the plastic soldier. Fold the parachute and toss it up in the air in front of him so it floats down near him. Don't hit him with it!

How should I ask my boyfriend to our Sweethearts dance?

By Ally

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Make a heart out of construction paper, add a few lines like a wedding invitation would say-You are cordially invited to accompany me to the Sweeytheart's Dance, etc, or just ask him.

Read More Answers...

How do I ask him to Sadies? He plays baseball and loves Oreos. I want to do it in a funny, but cute, way.

AnswerMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Load More
Holidays and Parties Parties School DancesFebruary 29, 2012
daddy daughter dance ideas
Planning a Daddy Daughter Dance
Girl waiting for her date to a dance.
Asking a Guy to Winter Formal
A girl with her prom date.
Asking a Guy to Prom
How to Belly Dance, Beautiful Bealldancer
How to Belly Dance
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 3, 2016 at 3:07:00 AM on 10.0.1.250 in 432 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.