Browsing: Cleaning Permanent Marker Off a Dry Erase Board

Cleaning Permanent Ink Off a Dry Erase Board

I work in the school setting. I 'accidentally' used a regular marker instead of a dry erase marker on a dry erase board. Needless to say, the ink would not come off or what I could remove left a horrible smudged stain.

I was using the dry erase marker and wrote right over that smudge and then erased it. The dry erase marker must have a solvent agent in it as it removed the smudge. I found I sometimes must scribble over the site and immediately rub off with a tissue for a clean dry erase board.

By Antaria from Chino Valley, AZ

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Use fingernail polish remover.

How clever to figure that out. I've done the same thing wth a sharpie but never thought to do that. That little smiley face stayed there for the duration of the board. : )

My DH has a bad habit of rubbing the message off with his hand, which of course makes the oils in his hands leave a stain. I finally found for that, I could just wash it off with soap and water.

My husband gets this stuff called GP66..It worked like a charm. Ssprayed it on, left it for a about a minute and used a magic eraser and all the permanent marker came off! Looks brand new too! :)

I just tried the alcohol and it worked like a charm!

Thanks!

It took me two times of doing this but it definitely saved my butt from getting grilled! I did that on my best friend's roomie's board. Thanks so much!

Thank you so much I bought permanent markers thinking they were dry erase and wrote on my whiteboard it came right off after that. Thank you, thank you so, so much!

My kids scribbled all over their new dry erase easel with a ballpoint inkpen, and I thought it was ruined! I tried this. It only took me 10-15 minutes to do the whole board, and it looks like new again. Wow! Thanks for the tip.

A whiteboard with scribbles all over it.
Cleaning Permanent Marker Off a Dry Erase Board
Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousJanuary 25, 2010
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
A newspaper on a wood table.
Removing Newspaper Ink from Wood Furniture
Dry Erase Board
Reconditioning a Dry Erase Board
A dry erase board and markers.
Cleaning a Dry Erase Board
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 21, 2016 at 4:05:38 PM on 10.0.2.223 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.