Energy Saving Hard Boiled Eggs

I would like to know how to boil an egg?

By jayasree

I put mine in a sauce pan and let the water reach a rolling boil. Then cover and let them stand for 12 minutes. This will give you hard boiled eggs which are firm but not dry.

To avoid the black ring around the yolk, put the raw egg into cold water to cover the eggs. Turn the stove on medium, bring to a boil, turn off, let sit 20 minutes. Run under cold water, peel and eat, or use in a recipe.

I use a pan with cold water and boil them for 30 minutes do not put the lid of the pan while you are boiling. then rest for a minute or two then run in a cold water for it easy to peel off.

Put in pot with cold water, add a little vinegar to the water, bring to boil, put lid on and shut off burner. Let set 10 -12 minutes. I add the vinegar in case there is a hair line crack that I can't see. The vinegar will set the protein, and white will not come out of egg while cooking.

I pierce the large end of the egg with a needle (this releases the pressure so the egg won't crack while cooking) and place the eggs in a pan of water, bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer, cook for twelve minutes and immediately drain and fill with cold water so they stop cooking (this way they won't get the brown ring).

Hard Boiled Eggs
Hard Boiled Eggs Tips and Tricks
Food and Recipes Food Tips EggsDecember 25, 2009
Two brown eggs, one peeled part way, on white background.
Peeling Hard Boiled Eggs
Sandwich With Soft Boiled Eggs
Recipes Using Boiled Eggs
Marking Hard Boiled Eggs
Marking Hard Boiled Eggs
Soft Boiled Egg
Making a Soft Boiled Egg
🎄