Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs

After years of trying to make perfect boiled eggs for Deviled Eggs, and ending up with chunks out of them, I have finally found the answers. Begin by placing your eggs in a single layer in a pan and covering with cold water. Add a wooden toothpick (believe it or not, this will keep the egg shells from cracking while they are cooking). Bring the water to a rolling boil. Boil for one minute, cover and remove from the heat. Allow to cool.

Now for the hard part; peeling them without tearing them. Place a coffee filter in your sink to cover the drain. Turn on the cold water faucet with a slow stream of water. Strike the shell on the counter to crack, then gently press the shell until it is all cracked.

Start at the large end of the egg, and while holding it under the stream of water, start slowly peeling the shell away. Let the shells fall into the coffee filter. The water will drain away, and when the job is finished, gather the filter and egg shells and drop into the trash, Or better yet, add it to your garden compost.

To cut the eggs smoothly into halves, dip your knife in cold water first, To dress up those "Pretty" deviled eggs, sprinkle with Paprika.

By Harlean from Hot Springs, Arkansas

Source: This is an accumulation from trial and error of all the tips I have heard over the years. I have tried them all, but kept the best.

Answers:

Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs

I had a pinch of salt to cold water and put in the eggs and boil for 10 minutes. I get good results. (04/30/2010)

By Dorothy

🎂
📓
🌻