Juice Pouch Crafts Ideas

Many wonderful things can be made with Kool-Aid Jammers or Capri-Sun juice pouches. This guide contains juice pouch crafts.

August 31, 2005 Flag

Here are instructions for making a tri-fold wallet out of Kool-Aid Jammer or Capri Sun juice pouches.

Capri Sun Wallet

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 28, 2009 Flag

Using washed juice pouches, sew them all together and make a tote bag. The large ones are great for grocery shopping. Small ones are great for carrying as a purse.

Approximate Time: three to four hours for me

Instructions:

1. Cut top of pouches, wash in soapy water and rinse. Turn upside down on towel to drain and dry.

2. Sew pouches together: for large totes: four across and three down. Make two sides, and then two smaller strips for the sides.

3. Sew together all sides and add bias tape around top.

4. Ad
  5. Sew two straps for handles.

By Sue from Sarnia, Ontario

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 2 Comments

September 6, 2005 Flag

Making crafts out of Capri Sun or KoolAid Jammer pouches can be a lot of fun. You can make cool and durable gifts. Below are instructions for making a checkbook cover.

Note: The little diagrams on the right are not exactly to scale, so your checkbook cover may look a little different.

Directions:

1: After the juice has been emptied (drank) use an x-acto knife to slit the bottom of the juice pouch. Clean the inside of each pouch with hot soapy water and let dry. Using the x-acto knife cut the back silver part of the Capri Sun off of the front, leave the seam attached to the front for stability. Discard the back silver part of the pouch.
2: Sew two pouches together side by side overlapping so it is not too wide for the check book. When sewing it is best to do a back stitch to increase the strength of the wallet. Sew two more together overlapped to make the same width as the first two.
3: Now sew all four together.
4: Measure the length and width of the four pouches. Find a piece of fabric and cut it a little larger than those measurements for a hem. Hem the fabric, once it is hemmed it should have the same measurements as the four pouches sewn together. Now sew the lining to the inside part of the pouches.
5: On one end fold 1 inch over to the inside and sew, this is a hem.
6: Then fold approximately 2 3/4 inches inward again. This will show you the size your checkbook cover/wallet will be, make sure you check book fits within this before you sew it, make adjustments in how much this is folded if needed. But do not sew yet.
7: Take your last two juice pouches with back removed and cut approximately 2 3/4" off the top of both of them and sew those together at the same width as everything else (approximately 6 3/4 inches). With the leftover ends of the two pouches cut one 1 3/4" and another 1 1/8". Sew the 1 1/8" to the 1 3/4" strip, lining up the two bottoms and sewing the bottom and the two sides leaving the top end open. Now sew this piece to the end that is folded inward, sew it close to the fold rather than the end where the opening of the pocket will be. This will be used as a card holder. You want the opening to face the middle of the wallet.
8: Take the clear vinyl and cut it in a rectangle 4" by 2 1/2" Sew the clear vinyl to the piece measuring approx. 2 2/3" by 6 3/4" leaving one end open.
9: Sew the bottom and two sides of this piece to the wallet having the opening of the clear vinyl face the middle of the wallet. This is your first pocket.
10: You can now fold the other side of the wallet inward and sew the two sides down, this is your second pocket. Now your checkbook cover/wallet is finished! Crafts made out of caprisun/ kool-aid jammer juice pouches are fashionable with the extra bonus of being recycled.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 2 Comments

Kelly Ann Butterbaugh1 found this helpful
March 4, 2011 Flag

Recycling juice pouches into fashion accessories is a fun eco-stylish trend. All recycling projects require the same first step - cleaning. The great colors of the pouches make for endless design options.

Capri Sun Pouches

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 12, 2013 Flag

This is a guide about making a recycled juice pouch lunch bag. Save your empty juice pouches and make this fun, recycled craft with your children.

Juice Pouch Lunch Bag

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 13, 2013 Flag

This guide is about making a juice pouch purse. A fun way to recycle is to make a cute purse with containers that usually end up in the garbage.

Juice Pouch Purse

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 10, 2008 Flag

When making juice pouch wallets, you could also secure them by sewing on velcro as a closure. This would prevent your cards from randomly falling out of the wallet.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 4, 2011 Flag

I need a pattern for a Capri Sun backpack.

By Lynn P.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Here are a bunch of different patterns and ideas http://www.craf  cs;tag=capri_sun

February 28, 2007 Flag

I am looking for more ideas and plans on making items with Capri Sun and KoolAid Pouches. Purses, bags, and etc.

Thanks so much,
Robin from Bison, SD

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I am not sure which ones you already have, but here are some ideas, cut the pouches so they are flat, with hole punch punch holes in them, then crochette together to form hats. Brim you would have to cut into shape for of course. You can also make visers, and purses.

July 15, 2009 Flag

I am looking for instructions for how to make Capri Sun pencil pouches.

By twins2

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Here is a link to (if I remember right) 30 patterns using foil juice packs like Capri Sun, but there is a price. With PayPal you can get them right away. I will keep searching and if I find just a pencil pouch I will get back with for that.

December 20, 2004 Flag

I would love any directions for juice pouch crafts (purses, wallets, belts, etc.) I am a mom who is finishing a college degree, and I see them all over campus.They look so fun to make, and I have a teenage daughter who wants them, too. Thank you!

Marie from Idaho Falls, Idaho

Editor's Note: Here are two Juice Pouch craft projects that are on ThriftyFun.

Here are some links to other tips and requests about Juice Pouch crafts.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 15, 2009 Flag

I have found several cool projects for juice pouches where you cut from the bottom. Unfortunately, I've been cutting the tops off and rinsing the pouches for storage. Now I have a bunch of decapitated juice pouches and want to know how I can use them. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Gail from Charlotte, NC

Answers:

Craft Uses For Juice Pouches

How about planting seeds in them, just prick a few little drainage holes in the bottom. (02/10/2009)

By daisychain

Craft Uses For Juice Pouches

Are these the "Mylar" type bags? All kinds of stuff comes in this type of bag, chips, cookies, cereal, and all sorts of "snack" food. I make sure that they are clean and dry, cut off the seams and run them through my paper shredder. Instant Easter grass. (02/10/2009)

By lavenderdeer

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 10, 2009 Flag

I love to sew and really like working with Capri Sun or Kool-Aid pouches. I am mostly house bound so I have lots of time on my hands. I have made purses, wallets, coin purses and check book covers. Can anyone give me ideas on what else I can make and instructions. I would be very grateful.

Thank you in advance.
Ettamae from CA.

Answers:

Craft Uses For Juice Pouches

Could you post the directions for the projects you've already made? I have twin 6 year olds and LOTS of juice pouches. (06/21/2005)

By Mary Ellen

Craft Uses For Juice Pouches

I actually saw an article in the Charlotte Observer around prom time where this chick made her prom gown out of Capri Sun pouches. I wish I could tell you the exact date it was published but maybe you can pull up the archives. (06/22/2005)

By bekkicat

Craft Uses For Juice Pouches

That sounds like a very fun and funky lampshade cover!
How about a rain poncho? (08/05/2005)

By Teresa

Craft Uses For Juice Pouches

A friend of mine makes belts out of these, also. Strips of colored feathers look really cute around the tops of the purses, big and small. (08/22/2005)

By LizCar

Craft Uses For Juice Pouches

You can make a lot with juice pouches such as coozies, aprons, wallets, coolers, belts, pencil holders, Christmas stockings, sun glasses case, credit card holders, coin purses, photo albums, lunchboxes, and trust me more.
(09/04/2005)

By KAYLEIGH

Craft Uses For Juice Pouches

I want to thank all of you for your input on craft uses for juice pouches. You gave me some great ideas.
Ettamae from CA (09/04/2005)

By ettamae

Craft Uses For Juice Pouches

Bingo bag (06/30/2006)

By p gonzales

Craft Uses For Juice Pouches

Pocket protector, or a sunglasses case. (12/07/2008)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 28, 2009 Flag

Does anyone know how to make the juice pouch bags and lunch boxes? We are trying to go green and save money. Thanks.

By Cblaisdell from Zebulon, NC

Answers:

Juice Pouch Totes

I bought a small metal water container - holds about 12 ounces - from Amazon. The small drink containers made of plastic are not healthy, and the pouches send more trash to the landfill. The metal one should last forever, and I think you'll save a lot by using it everyday in a child's lunch. They come in different colors and I would write or etch the child's name on it. Good for you to be concerned. I am sure you will pack healthy things - so much better. Good luck! (05/02/2009)

By mulberry204

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 24, 2009 Flag

I recycle juice pouches to make useful crafts. These tote bags are great when shopping or traveling. I love helping the world be green.

These are very easy to clean. I use Goo Gone and to keep that fresh citrus scent I just wipe them down from time to time. If you're a stay at home mom, find something you love and work at it. It's a great time killer as well.

By Sharon from NY

Feedback:

RE: Juice Pouch Totes

Some ladies in our area make these and sell them as a nice little source of extra income. I have also seen them done with packets from Koolaid drink mix, also very cute, but probably not as sturdy. (02/27/2008)

By bailegirl

RE: Juice Pouch Totes

Found this pattern on the internet, for how to make a juice pouch purse. Just make it larger for a tote bag. http://www.mormonchic.com/crafty/juice-pouch-purse.asp (02/27/2008)

By MCW

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 2, 2007 Flag

I would like to make a juice pouch (bag) wallet for my husband and a belt and checkbook cover for me. Can anyone tell me how or pictures of how?

Thanks, Marisa

Answers:

Juice pouch wallets

Juice pouches. Eureka!

Yes, they're so thick and sturdy and I bet those silvery freezerbags you can get at the supermarket are the same material. I have a policy of using only discarded materials, but I think I can get my hands on some of (whatever that is).

I'm too lazy to pull apart the wallet I made last year from 2 mylar cookie bags (Matt's REAL oatmeal raisin), but I can tell you it involves some slot and tab action.

Besides, there are SO many wallet styles. How many creditcard pockets do you want? how many folds? do you like a pocket on the outside for your DL or LIBcard?

Also, having made two mylar wallets I can say that it's sturdier when it's all one piece. Juice pouches are barely big enuf for a credit card holder, or do they come in big sizes now? (12/30/2004)

By milkshake

Juice pouch (bag) wallets and checkbook covers.

Um....I don't know how to make those, but you can find how to make a juice bag tote at:

Hope this helps!

By guest

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Crafts Recycled Crafts OtherMarch 31, 2012
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Blue Zipper
Adding a Zipper to a Juice Pouch Purse
Juice Pouch Purse
Making a Juice Pouch Purse
Juice Pouch Lunch Bag
Recycled Juice Pouch Lunch Bag
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 19, 2017 at 8:43:54 AM on 10.0.0.159 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.