Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Juice Pouch Crafts

0 0EmailFollow
finished juice bag gift bag

Many wonderful things can be made with Kool-Aid Jammers or Capri-Sun juice pouches. This guide contains juice pouch crafts.

Solutions: Juice Pouch Crafts

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Juice Pouch Tri-Fold Wallet

Here are instructions for making a tri-fold wallet out of Kool-Aid Jammer or Capri Sun juice pouches. Capri Sun Wallet

Materials:

• 5 Empty Capri Sun juice Pouches
  • X-Acto Knife
  • Sewing Machine
  • Thread

Instructions:

If you can't wait to drink the Capri Suns (or Kool-Aid Jammers) before making this craft you can always empty the pouches into another container and drink it later. One word of caution, the juice seems to taste better when you drink it out of the pouch with the cool little straw that is provided.

Once you have some empty juice pouches cut a slit in the bottom of each juice pouch with an X-Acto.

Clean the inside of each pouch with hot soapy water and let dry.

Using the X-Acto knife cut the back silver part of the Capri Sun off of the front, leave the seam attached to the front for stability. discard the back silver part of the pouch. Capri Sun Wallet

The Outside of the Wallet

Cut 3 of the pouches so that you have three pieces that you can sew together and have 10 inches of material. These will be used for the outer part of the wallet so organize the artwork on the juice pouches in a way that is attractive. You can see the format that I chose in the picture below. Capri Sun Wallet

The Inside of the Wallet

For the inside of the wallet, start by duplicating what you did for the outside of the wallet. You basically will need another piece of material measuring 10 inches by 4 inches.

Adding Pockets

Now you can add inner pockets if you desire them. Sew these to the inside part of the wallet (2 pouches sewn together). Remember this is a tri-fold wallet so place to pockets accordingly. To make card pockets you will want to cut rectangles out of pouches that measure 3.5 inches x 3.25 inches for the pocket in the middle (the card will fit from the top) and 3.75 inches x 2.5 inches for the pocket on each side (the cards will fit in on the side). You can cut smaller rectangles the same width and sew them to the larger rectangle to make more pockets. Capri Sun Wallet

Finishing The Project

Once you have completed the pockets in the inner part of the wallet you can sew the front and back together leaving one side open to put the bills in.

If you have any tips or pictures of wallets that you have made with juice pouches, be sure to email them to me or post them below. I would love to see them.

By Stella Rivet

Juice Pouch Totes

Using washed juice pouches, sew them all together and make a tote bag. The large ones are great for grocery shopping. Small ones are great for carrying as a purse.

Approximate Time: three to four hours for me

• Used juice bags
  • Bias tape
  • Thread
  • Strapping

Instructions:

1. Cut top of pouches, wash in soapy water and rinse. Turn upside down on towel to drain and dry.

2. Sew pouches together: for large totes: four across and three down. Make two sides, and then two smaller strips for the sides.

3. Sew together all sides and add bias tape around top.

4. Sew two straps for handles.

By Sue from Sarnia, Ontario

Tip: Use Velcro For Recycled Juice Pouch Wallets

When making juice pouch wallets, you could also secure them by sewing on velcro as a closure. This would prevent your cards from randomly falling out of the wallet.

Source: craftster.com

By K Wilson from Ohio

Juice Pouch Gift Bag

Juicepouch Gift BagThis gift bag is easy to make and durable. It makes good use of Kool-Jammer or Capri Sun pouches. It's very similar to the lunch bag I published in the past but instead of a velcro enclosure, it uses eyelets and ribbon to make a gift bag handle. It's a bit of work, but it makes an extra special gift bag that can be reused as a purse.

• 14 Caprisun or Kool-aid Jammer juice pouches
  • X-acto knife
  • eyelets and eyelet pliers (can be found at your local craft store)
  • sewing machine and thread
  • scissors

Preparation:

After the juice has been drank use an x-acto knife to slit the bottom of the juice pouch.

The Front and Back:

Take four juice pouches and sew them together 2 by 2. Juice Pouches sewn together

Do the same with four more juice pouches, having two sets of four. These are the front and back of the bag.

The Sides:

Sew two juice pouches together, one above the other, two tall and one wide.

Do the same to two more juice pouches, have two sets of two. These are the sides of the bag

The Bottom:

For the bottom of the bag you will need to determine how long it will need to be by taking two juice pouches and laying them next to the side piece (the set of four juice pouches). Instead of having one juice pouch full size and having a small part of another showing for the bottom I laid them on top of each other and sewed down the middle of them both to make it the appropriate length. Then I cut off the extra bit, leaving approximately and 1/2", then sewed that end down flat.

Putting It All Together:

The next step is to sew the bottom to one of the sets of four.

Sew the other set of four to the other side. Juice Pouches sewn together

Next sew one of the sets of two to the bottom, then the other. Juice Pouches sewn together Juice Pouches sewn together

Note: If you like the look of the silver, you could consider using that as the outside of the bag.

Now sew all the ends together, the front to the sides and the back to the sides. Juice Pouch Bag

Finishing

Punch two holes slightly smaller than your eyelet about 3-4 inches apart on the front and the same on the back side of the bag, four total.

Place your eyelets and secure them with the pliers.

Find some yarn, string, ribbon or raffia to make the handles on your gift bag, be sure to make the knot big enough on each end so that the handles do not get pulled out through the eyelets. Juice Pouch Gift Bag

By Stella Bui-Rivet

Juice Pouch Lunch Bag

This lunch bag is easy to make and durable. It makes great use of Kool-Jammer or Capri Sun pouches. Finished CapriSun lunch bag

• 14 Capri Sun or Kool-aid Jammer juice pouches
  • X-acto knife
  • Sticky End Velcro
  • Sewing machine and thread
  • Scissors

Preparation:

The Front and Back:

Take four juice pouches and sew them together 2 by 2. Juice Pouch Lunch Bag

The Sides:

Sew two juice pouches together, one above the other, two tall one wide.

The Bottom:

For the bottom of the bag you will need to determine how long it will need to be by taking two juice pouches and laying them next to shorter side of the set of four juice pouches. Instead of having one juice pouch full size and having a small part of another showing for the bottom I layed them on top of each other and sewed down the middle of them both to make it the appropriate length. Then I cut off the extra bit, leaving approximately and 1/2", then sewed that end down flat.

Putting It All Together:

Once you have done that sew the other set of four to the other side. Juice Pouch Lunch Bag

Next sew one of the sets of two to the bottom, then the other.

Now sew all the ends together, the front to the sides and the back to the sides. Juice Pouch Lunch Bag Juice Pouch Lunch Bag Juice Pouch Lunch Bag

Finishing:

Add a piece of velcro to the top inside of the bag.

Fold over the top of the bag approximately an inch and a half, then place another piece of velcro under the fold. Juice Pouch Lunch Bag

Now your lunch bag is complete, everyone will be impressed by your creative recycling

By Stella Rivet

Juice Box Book Tree Ornaments

To make these cute Christmas tree ornaments, an adult should cut across the bottom of an empty juice box to open it up. Rinse well and dry. Tape the slit back up. For a Bible, have your child cover the box with black construction or tissue paper. Wrap it like a little gift. Add a yellow trip along the edges to make it look like pages. Write "Holy Bible" with a white or yellow crayon. Other books like "The Night Before Christmas" can be made by covering the box with Santa Claus gift wrap and finishing as above. Glue on ribbon loop to hang. Possibilities are endless!

By Cindy B. in Greene County PA

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Juice Pouch Crafts.

Question: Where Can I Buy Juice Pouches?

I want to buy empty juice pouches! Does anyone know where I can find some cheap?

By Carrie L.

Question: Juice Pouch Bags, Wallets and Checkbook Covers

* Juice Pouch Tri-Fold Wallet

* Juice Pouch Tri-Fold Wallet

I would love any directions for juice pouch crafts (purses, wallets, belts, etc.) I am a mom who is finishing a college degree, and I see them all over campus.They look so fun to make, and I have a teenage daughter who wants them, too. Thank you!

Marie from Idaho Falls, Idaho

Editor's Note: Here are two Juice Pouch craft projects that are on ThriftyFun.

Here are some links to other tips and requests about Juice Pouch crafts.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Juice Pouch Bags, Wallets and Checkbook Covers.

I would like to make a juice pouch (bag) wallet for my husband and a belt and checkbook cover for me. Can anyone tell me how or pictures of how? Thanks, Marisa

RE: Juice pouch wallets

juice pouches. eureka

yes, they're so thick and sturdy. and i bet those silvery freezerbags you can get at the supermarket are the same material. i have a policy of using only discarded materials but i think i can get my hands on some of (whatever that is).

I'm too lazy to pull apart the wallet i made last year from 2 mylar cookie bags (Matt's REAL oatmeal raisin), but i can tell you it involves some slot and tab action.

besides, there are SO many wallet styles. how many creditcard pockets do you want? how many folds? do you like a pocket on the outside for your DL or LIBcard?

also, having made two mylar wallets i can say that it's sturdier when it's all one piece. juice pouches are barely big enuf for a credit card holder, or do they come in big sizes now? (12/30/2004)

By milkshake

RE: Juice pouch (bag) wallets and checkbook covers.

Um....I don't know how to make those, but you can find how to make a juice bag tote at:

Hope this helps!

By guest

Archive: Juice Pouch Totes

***

Juice Pouch Totes
*** I recycle juice pouches to make useful crafts. These tote bags are great when shopping or traveling. I love helping the world be green.

These are very easy to clean. I use Goo Gone and to keep that fresh citrus scent I just wipe them down from time to time. If you're a stay at home mom, find something you love and work at it. It's a great time killer as well.

By Sharon from NY

RE: Juice Pouch Totes

Some ladies in our area make these and sell them as a nice little source of extra income. I have also seen them done with packets from Koolaid drink mix, also very cute, but probably not as sturdy. (02/27/2008)

By bailegirl

RE: Juice Pouch Totes

Found this pattern on the internet, for how to make a juice pouch purse. Just make it larger for a tote bag. http://www.mormonchic.com/crafty/juice-pouch-purse.asp (02/27/2008)

By MCW

Archive: Juice Pouch Totes

Does anyone know how to make the juice pouch bags and lunch boxes? We are trying to go green and save money. Thanks.

By Cblaisdell from Zebulon, NC

RE: Juice Pouch Totes

Just use a thermos for drinks. These are the ultimate in green as they are used over and over again. Or use some other bottle multiple times like a water/soda bottle. (04/25/2009)

By OliveOyl

RE: Juice Pouch Totes

I bought a small metal water container - holds about 12 ounces - from Amazon. The small drink containers made of plastic are not healthy, and the pouches send more trash to the landfill. The metal one should last forever, and I think you'll save a lot by using it everyday in a child's lunch. They come in different colors and I would write or etch the child's name on it. Good for you to be concerned. I am sure you will pack healthy things - so much better. Good luck! (05/02/2009)

By mulberry204

RE: Juice Pouch Totes

The Gerber juice bottles are made of similar plastic to tuppeware. Also I find minute maid has some heavier materials like this that can be washed over and over without worrying about the chemical content. So between the 4 oz, 6 oz and 8 oz, just put a skrew cover on them and use them. When out of the school lunch mode, I also put my honey in these, rather than the large gallon jars it I get it in. Can also use for craft supplies in the cupboard too. So many uses, recycle and still not expensive to start with. I like the MM Apple juice bottle--I had bought a case as I had recipes I used occ that needed 8 oz apple juice and I did not want to buy a can. Now that I have some of the bottles, I can BUY a large can or container, then pour into the bottle and freeze what I don't need at the time. (05/23/2009)

By TandT Grandma