Use Honey as a Rooting Hormone for Cuttings

Use honey as a rooting hormone. Prepare cuttings and dip ends of the cuttings in honey.

By tip-tip from St. Louis, MO

Hi. Thanks for the tip. Home made rooting hormone compounds come in handy. I've heard of putting willow branches cut into 1'' lengths and put in a jar of water. After about a week take out the branches and the liquid is supposed to be the compound. I wonder if it would work with any fast rooting plant? I have a scrub tree in my back yard. All I have to do is nick one of the roots and it sends up shoots like crazy.

Phil

Rooting Hormone
Make Your Own Rooting Hormone
Home and Garden Gardening CuttingsJuly 27, 2010
A weeping cherry tree.
Rooting Fruit Tree Cuttings
Poplar Tree Cutting
Starting Poplar Tree Cuttings
Closeup of Lavender Rose
Starting Roses from Cuttings
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes
🎄