All Day Pork Back Ribs Recipe

I am looking for a Pork Back Ribs recipe where you bake them for 1 hour and then turn off the oven, but you leave them in there all day. I don't know the name of the recipe or any of the ingredients to make this request more helpful. I would appreciate any help you can give! Thank you and have a great day.

Kelly from Racine, WI

Sounds like a recipe for food poisoning. Perhaps do your ribs in a crockpot?

If you are looking for tenderness what I do is. Turn the oven up to 400-450. Add a rub if you like. Put the ribs in for 30 to 45 min. Turn the oven down to 325 add barbeque sauce if you like cover with foil and let cook for about an hour. Or if you are going to put them on the grill as I do in better weather. Do not but the sauce on until on the grill. Hope this helps you out. Now I want so RIBS!

I agree with the guest post; NEVER leave any meat in an unheated oven all day!

You are definitely asking for trouble.

It sounds like you're trying to duplicate the long, slow cooking process known as BBQ. :) And I don't see anything wrong with that, but the method you describe probably is not the most sanitary.

Rather than using a high initial temperature and then turning the oven off, instead consider setting your oven to the lowest setting and keeping it at that temperature (190 - 210, if possible) for 5 - 6 hours. I've had great success with this method when I didn't want to "waste" charcoal on ribs alone (I usually BBQ ribs, pork shoulder and brisket together so I get the most out of one charcoal purchase).

Some people wrap them in foil, others don't. Some people use a dry rub (my personal choice) while others use sauce, and some people use both. If you don't wrap the ribs in foil, then make sure you have a drip-pan in place, perhaps with some water for added humidity.

I am a huge Alton Brown fan, and I use his rib rub recipe found here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/rec ... cipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_11125,00.html. I didn't particularly care for the liquid part of the recipe so I only tried that once. The rub, however, I use every time. I use a little more brown sugar for added sweetness and a touch of chipotle seasoning for some additional kick. 5 hours in my BBQ at 220 degrees gives it the smoke flavor most people enjoy. You won't get that in the oven, but you won't have as much of a mess to clean up afterwards either!

I hope this helps!

Thank you all for your feedback. I also questioned meat in the oven all day, but heard that the recipe was used in this family for 20 yrs and no one ever got sick. Maybe it was just luck! I too am an Alton Brown fan and will try that. Thanks again everyone!

Food and Recipes Recipes BBQ & GrillApril 25, 2007
Barbecued Spare Ribs
Barbecued Spare Ribs Recipes
Mini ribs in a ceramic dish.
Microwave Ribs Recipes
Barbecue Pork
Barbecue Pork Recipes
Slow Cooker Pork Ribs
Slow Cooker Pork Ribs Recipes
🎄