Selling Collectible Dolls

Due to difficult economic times, I am selling off things to bring in some money. I have several collector dolls from places such as Ashton Drake Galleries, Danbury Mint, Franklin Mint, that are closed issues now. Where is the best place to try an sell them? eBay doesn't seem to bring good sales for collector items.

By nvfostermom from Las Vegas, NV

I have a friend who needed to sell her stuff she had the best luck at community flea markets or church sales.

Look on ebay and look at sold only to see what your type of doll has recently sold for. The post the for sale on Craigslist in your area. You might need to keep re-posting every week. Craigslist is free and the best way to sell. Selling on ebay is OK but you take a risk on the price and dolls aren't selling so good right now plus you have the packaging and shipping issue. You might have better luck selling all the dolls together as a 'lot', people seem to really like this. You won't get what you paid, so just decide on an amount and post them. Don't let greed get in the way of cash in hand.

May 14, 2011 Flag

I have several dolls I need to sell. How do I go about it and who could I contact to sell them? I have Prince Charles and Princess Diana wedding dolls, Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, 3 Bob Mackie dolls, and 2 Princess Diana dolls, one in a white dress and one in blue velvet.

By revay

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I think the best place to start would be Ebay. It's easy to set up an account and you can list them under antiques. You can even set a minimum bid.

Hope this helps.

Ebay, Craigslist,Antique collectors/dealers in town or your local paper. Good Luck. : )

I would find a local auction that auctions collectibles.

March 10, 2013 Flag

I have a large collection of ceramic dolls from the 20s and 30s to sell. How do I find buyers?

By Shy

Hi - you will have to go to eBay (takes lots of photos) or Craigslist. You need to check out each doll on Google and eBay.

September 26, 2011 Flag

How do I find a good place to sell some Barbie dolls? I have three Marylin Monroe Barbie dolls, Day in the Sun, Hollywood Cast Party, and Publicity Tour. They are still in their cases, they have never been opened. They are also their third, fourth, and fifth series. If anyone has suggestions for selling them please advise. Thank you.

By Jesica A. from Rocklin, CA

The advantages of Craigslist is you get cash and local people only see it. The advantages of eBay is that the world sees it and unless you put a "buy it now" option, bidding wars ensue for things two or more people want. Put Barbies in eBay and you will find thousands, but it will also give you an idea of what they are selling for. I have sold 18 on eBay over the last 12 months, so it's a toss up as to which one I like best.

Sandi

January 15, 2011 Flag

I am trying to sell porcelain dolls and would like to know how I would go about doing so?

Shelia

Answers:

Selling Collectible Dolls

Post them for sell on craigslist.com or eBay after checking on line for current prices. (09/15/2010)

By wildmint

September 12, 2010 Flag

Selling Collectible Dolls

I have a variety of dolls that I have collected over the years. I would like to sell them. They are of various shapes and sizes. How do I do this?

By Judy from Las Vegas, NV

October 27, 2009 Flag

Selling Collectible Dolls

When I was little, I knew I wanted to be an actress, and the person who sparked that initial love was Marylin Monroe. As a gift, to encourage my dream, my parents bought me the full 6 doll set of DSI Marylin Monroe collectors dolls. I love my dolls, and they mean a lot to me, but I need to sell them now to help pay for school so I can pursue that dream.

But I don't really know where or how to sell them. I know there is always ebay, but I worry that they will not go to a person who will cherish them or that I will have to break up the collection. So I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to find actual collectors and try finding a loving home for these treasures? This is a picture of the back, it has all six pictured.

By Pascallesbel from Akron, OH

Answers:

Selling Collectible Dolls

I don't know much about your dolls, but I do know that if something was made specifically to sell as a collector, it will not be worth what you might think it is. I would google to find out any sites that might be able to tell you the worth of it. (09/06/2009)

By Laniegirl

September 3, 2009 Flag

I have a Princess Diana doll in her wedding dress and it was never taken out of the box. Any ideas where to sell her?

By nikki1223

Answers:

Selling Collectible Dolls

First I would go onto Ebay and find out how much similar dolls are selling for. You certainly can sell it on Ebay, but you could post it for free on Craig's List. (05/06/2009)

By RealtorRose

Selling Collectible Dolls

Hi nikki1223, I would be interested in seeing a photo of your doll. Thanks, kphipps3 (07/25/2009)

By kphipps3

May 6, 2009 Flag

I'm interested in selling my porcelain dolls.

November 13, 2008 Flag

Calling all doll collectors! Where do doll collectors congregate and/or search for dolls to add to their collections?

Collectible Dolls
Selling Collectible Dolls
Consumer Advice Collectibles MiscellaneousJanuary 15, 2011
Granville House Doll
Finding the Value of Granville House Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Doll
Finding the Value of Seymour Mann Dolls
Barbie Doll
Selling Collectible Barbies
🎉
🎄