Removing Laundry Marker From Dryer Drum

By Cathren 3 1

Accidentally, a laundry marker got in my dryer. It was in a dryer cycle and marked up the whole inside of the drum in approx 1/4 inch marks. These marks are also all over the 2 blankets that were in the dryer.

What do you recommend to clean the dryer. I've tried soap and water, and a little bleach, and had no luck. What do you recommend to clean the blankets? Thanks.

Cathren from Illinois

Showing: Answers Sort

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Try Goo off or acetone nail polish remover. Be sure it is well ventilated and use as little as possible as it may take the paint off if it is not stainless steel.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I would start with alcohol and elbow grease, then go to wd-40, turning the paper towels frequently. One of these remedies should do the trick for the dryer. Which ever one works on the dryer might work on the blankets. Keep in mind, however, the wd 40 is flammable and will need to be washed several times to remove it from all things, but it works on so many items that the website says 1000 uses! I keep it on hand for lots of things and it does indeed work for most.

Good luck and God bless you. : )

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By jennifer 1 Flag

I used this site when my kid put a marker in his pocket, and I washed it and dried it, it left purple marker all over the dryer drum. I used nail polish remover with a cloth and scrubbed it, then I soaked a towel in bleach and water and dried it. It all came off. It was wonderful. I just bought the dryer a month ago, thank god!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer
Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesSeptember 5, 2008
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer
Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer
clean washer drum
Cleaning Grease Out of a Washer and Dryer
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Plastic
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 4:14:47 PM on 10.0.1.53 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings