Dangerous Chocolate Mug Cake

I am not a cake connoisseur but this is tasty and definitely quick and also thrifty because you don't have to bake an entire cake (which might not all be eaten before spoiling) to fulfill a craving. If you like small portions, it's good for two servings.

• 1 coffee mug
  • 4 Tbsp. all purpose flour
  • 4 Tbsp. sugar
  • 2 Tbsp. baking cocoa
  • 1 egg
  • 3 Tbsp. milk
  • 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
  • 1 capful of vanilla extract

Add dry ingredients to mug, mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in milk, oil and vanilla, mix well. Place coffee mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.

During cooking the cake will expand over top of coffee mug but it won't make a mess and will recede once the cooking stops. It's kind of cool to watch the process ;-)

Allow to cool a tiny bit and tip out onto a plate if desired.

And why is this "Dangerous Chocolate Mug Cake" dangerous? Because now we are all only 10 easy minutes away from a chocolate cake fix ;-)

Source: Received via email from a friend who hadn't tried it yet. Sounded intriguing to me so I decided to try it and tweeked the recipe a tad on the second try ;-)

By Deeli from Richland, WA

I'm on a diet but mom isn't. I just mixed and baked this up. Delicious! I had a sliver and a half (for research purposes only, of course) and mom is enjoying the rest. The taste is great. It easily turned out of the mug and looked cute dusted with powdered sugar. The texture was just a bit tough. Next time, it gets baked for a few seconds less than three minutes. It was so good that I immediately passed the recipe on to my sister. Thanks!

Yep this is very good. I love it because my kids can make it themselves (they are teens) when they have a craving for something chocolate/sweet.

This sounds terrific! When I bake a cake (for just 2 of us) we have so much left that in the interest of being thrifty I have to eat it all. This will eliminate the problem! I think I'll experiment with different flavors...not sure what but I'll work on it. Thanks for the recipe!

I couldn't help it...I made this up immediately and it was fabulous! So easy too...

Sounds good! 4 Tablespoons = 1/4 cup, which might be easier to measure accurately.

This sounds like a good idea for Christmas gifts too! You have to mix up the dry ingredients and make a tag/recipe for the rest. It could be fixed up real cute in a pretty mug with ribbons! Thanks!

I make this but call it a True Cup Cake.

To make it a softer cake cook it under 3 min. or use cake flour. I some times push a chunk of chocolate to the bottom of the mug for a little extra chocolate on the top.

I looked forward to trying this recipe and enthusiastically followed the directions exactly as written. Unfortunately, I don't think this cake is very good. I didn't find the flavor or texture appealing. I took a couple bites and tossed the rest. Sorry for the negative comment, just one cook's opinion.

Thanks to everyone for their posts :-) Check this TF link out for suggestions if the original recipe wasn't up to parr for you ;-)

Chocolate Mug Cake
Coffee Mug Cake Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Microwave CookingSeptember 8, 2008
Coffee Mug Jam
Making Coffee Mug Jam
DIY Sharpie Mug
Plain white mug for coffee or tea.
Decorating a Mug
Chocolate mug cake garnished with a sliced strawberry
Five Minute Chocolate Mug Cake