Chocolate Peanut Butter Lava Mug Cake
You won't believe this ooey-gooey cake was made in the microwave in 90 seconds. You don't need to add an egg to it, and that's actually the key to why this dessert is extra moist and delicious. A regular cake usually has one to two eggs, so why add one to a little mug cake? This is an excellent time and ingredient saver for those times when you've got a sweet tooth.
I used a clear Pyrex cup so it's easier to see. Use any cylindrical mug with straight sides for even cake rise.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute 30 seconds
Yield: 2 servings
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp hot cocoa mix
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp chocolate chips
- In your microwave safe mug, melt the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds, then allow to cool while you prepare the rest of the mix.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly whisk together flour, hot cocoa mix, and baking powder.
- Pour milk, butter, and vanilla into the dry mixture.
- Stir until it's completely smooth.
- Pour the batter into the mug.
- Combine peanut butter and chocolate chips in the small bowl, stir well.
- Scoop into the center of the batter in the mug.
- Seal the top by spooning batter from the side over the peanut butter and chocolate chips.
- Microwave on high for about 90 seconds.
- Allow to cool a couple minutes before digging in.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.