Five Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
June 2, 2015
When you need a quick delicious dessert for one or two. Mix these ingredients in a mug, microwave 3 minutes and it's done!
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: one or two per mug
- 1 coffee mug
- 4 Tbsp plain flour
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp baking cocoa
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 3 Tbsp oil
- splash of vanilla
- 3 Tbsp chocolate chips (optional)
- Add dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cocoa) into cup and mix together. Add egg and mix.
- Add milk, oil and vanilla and mix. If adding chocolate chips, add them at this time.
- Place mug in microwave and cook for 3 minutes. The cake will rise over the mug but mine never spilled over. Just watch it and don't be alarmed when it rises high.
- Allow the mug to cool. I ran a knife around the inside of the cup and the cake came right out or you may eat it right from the mug. The chips will be soft, hot and wet, sort of like a molten cake mix.
- At this point you may sprinkle powdered sugar, add a dollop of ice cream or just eat it as is. It's moist enough.
Now you can have chocolate cake any time of the day in only 5 minutes. You're welcome! : )
3 More Solutions
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Last year at Christmas time, I needed something to give out to 16 employees. I looked for something personal and affordable. I had seen the 5 minute chocolate cake recipe and had made one. It was simply delicious and way too easy to make.
ThriftyFun is one of the longest running frugal living communities on the Internet. These are archives of older discussions.
I am looking fro the recipe for a 5 minute chocolate mug cake.Read More...
Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil. Mix again well. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.