Makeup Stains Inside a Coach Purse

My daughter just gave me her Coach purse when she got a new one. It looks good outside, but her makeup got all inside the purple cloth and it needs cleaning badly what should I do with it?

By Debbie from Dahlonega, GA

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

My suggestion is to use a spray cleaner like resolve on the inside, and dab it with a clean white cloth until the stains are lighter. I know this is not a thrifty suggestion, but since it must be an expensive purse. I don't want to suggest anything which might ruin it. Good luck!

You may not be able to get all the stains out but a small amount of simple soap and water on a damp rag will help alot without causing possible damage. My way of thinking is that as long as it's clean is a Blessing and especially that the stains are on the inside, that no one will really see except for you, rather than the outside. ;-)

I had makeup in my coach purse and I took it to my local dry cleaners. It came out just fine. Good luck.

Answer

How do I clean the makeup off the inside of my coach purse?

Julie from Clarksburg, MD

Makeup Stains Inside a Coach Purse

If it were me, I'd take everything out of your purse then turn the lining inside out and using an old toothbrush I'd apply baby-bath or baby shampoo (because it rinses out super-easy) or any shampoo or your favorite stain remover (like Goop hand cleaner is good to remove make-up, oil, and grease stains). Just put some on of the cleaner on to the toothbrush then scrub only the stain, then rinse with as little water as possible by using a a clean, damp wash cloth.

A second idea, take your purse into a dry-cleaner and ask them what to do. (12/29/2008)

By Cyinda

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousJanuary 30, 2011
Coach Purse
Stain Proofing a Coach Purse
Cleaning a Coach Purse
Cleaning a Coach Purse
Mascara
Removing Eye Makeup Stains from Fabric
Liquid Makeup
Removing Liquid Makeup Stains
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 12, 2016 at 9:42:21 PM on 10.0.2.192 in 838 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.