Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Makeup Stains Inside a Coach Purse

My daughter just gave me her Coach purse when she got a new one. It looks good outside, but her makeup got all inside the purple cloth and it needs cleaning badly what should I do with it?

By Debbie from Dahlonega, GA

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Sherri [6]02/01/2011

I had makeup in my coach purse and I took it to my local dry cleaners. It came out just fine. Good luck.

By Anonymous [848]01/31/2011

You may not be able to get all the stains out but a small amount of simple soap and water on a damp rag will help alot without causing possible damage. My way of thinking is that as long as it's clean is a Blessing and especially that the stains are on the inside, that no one will really see except for you, rather than the outside. ;-)

By Roopa Chandrasekhar [2]01/30/2011

My suggestion is to use a spray cleaner like resolve on the inside, and dab it with a clean white cloth until the stains are lighter. I know this is not a thrifty suggestion, but since it must be an expensive purse. I don't want to suggest anything which might ruin it. Good luck!

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Makeup Stains Inside a Coach Purse

How do I clean the makeup off the inside of my coach purse?

Julie from Clarksburg, MD

RE: Makeup Stains Inside a Coach Purse

If it were me, I'd take everything out of your purse then turn the lining inside out and using an old toothbrush I'd apply baby-bath or baby shampoo (because it rinses out super-easy) or any shampoo or your favorite stain remover (like Goop hand cleaner is good to remove make-up, oil, and grease stains). Just put some on of the cleaner on to the toothbrush then scrub only the stain, then rinse with as little water as possible by using a a clean, damp wash cloth. A second idea, take your purse into a dry-cleaner and ask them what to do. (12/29/2008)

By Cyinda