Two Week Cleaning Plan

I am always reading where people say to clean as we see things that need it. That's a great idea, but sometimes it builds up and takes more organizing to get it done. I am just recovering from a long bout of illness and so my cleaning has been put on a back burner, so to speak. This is my plan to get it all caught up. Notice that I don't list it by rooms, but by type of chore. Like on Day 1, I'll go through the entire house putting things away, and so on down the list. In 2 weeks, my house - which is a total wreck right now (I'm ashamed to say) will be totally clean!

• Day 1: Put things away that have been left out.

• Day 2: Straighten all tables, counters, dresser tops.

• Day 3: Vacuum all carpets and rugs.

• Day 4:Sweep and mop all floors.

• Day 5:Clean bathrooms: shower stalls, tubs, sinks, toilets.

• Day 6: Clean kitchen: dishes, fridge and freezer, stove and oven.

• Day 7: Straighten closets.

• Day 8: Laundry: this includes clothes, towels, bath rugs, and linens.

• Day 9: Wash outside windows.

• Day 10: Wash inside windows.

• Day 11: Laundry: this includes curtains and other seldom washed items.

• Day 12: Anything that has not been done so far.

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

This is a great post, especially if anyone's feeling overwhelmed with keeping things neat! Breaking things down into manageable bites is efficient and just can make things more "do-able". It sure can be easier to focus on a specific task each day rather than look at the overall mess, throw your hands up in the air and put off getting things done.

Thumbs up ( and hope you're feeling better, cricketnc).

I really like this post too, but I would definitely have to do laundry more often (two boys in grade school!). It is a great way to divvy up the cleaning chores.

I do something similar with my boys. They have a specific task each day to concentrate on their rooms. Mondays is underneath the bed, Tuesdays is the rest of the floor, Wednesdays is the nightstand area, etc. The theory is that they will have a clean room if they do each one but, in practice, they work on some parts harder than others. One son insists on moving boxes and piles from part to part. I hope at some point, he will understand it is easier to put it away for good but not yet. :)

I guess this would be ok if you were behind, but I do each of these things everyday, sometimes several times a day.

Woman Cleaning Her Kitchen
Creating a Cleaning Schedule
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceJanuary 24, 2011
A woman with long hair.
Growing Hair Faster
house fire
Making a Fire Escape Plan for Your Family
Woman Weighing Herself
Losing 5 Pounds in a Week
Creating a Business Plan for a Small Business, A handwritten business plan on paper.
Creating a Business Plan for a Small Business