Determining The Value of Antique Chairs

I have an antique dining table and 6 chairs and would like to know how I can find out how valuable they are? They need refinishing. Is there a website where I can get more information from or who would I call?

Ace from Nashville, TN

When you say "antique", could you clarify a bit? Do you mean that they are over 100 years old?

If they are, then they could be very valuable and I would track down an expert before I considered having them refinished.

They were antique & over 25 yrs old when the set was bought in W Germany in 1976.

Editor's Note: To be a real antique, something must be 100 years old or older. This still is a vintage set and over 50 years old. Refinishing furniture quite often lessens the value so I would take some pictures of the set and show them to a vintage furniture dealer to get an idea of the value.

Antique Table
Finding the Value for Your Antique Furniture
Consumer Advice Collectibles AntiquesJanuary 11, 2007
Antique wood three drawer table and upholstered side chair.
Cleaning Antique Wood Furniture
Antique Chair
Repairing Antique Upholstered Furniture
A table filled with antique nicknacks.
Starting an Antique Business
Determining the Value of Silver Jewelry
Determining the Value of Silver Jewelry