Removing Smoke Stains On Stuffed Animals

How can you get the smoke out of a stuffed animal without putting it in the washing machine? They are beanie babies and they don't smell like smoke but you can see the smoke on them. I would love to get them clean. They are my kids and I had the fire about 5 years ago and still not sure how to get the smoke off of them so if anyone would have any idea's it would really help.

Dana from Merrill, WI

Try wiping with a baby wipe or putting in a sack of cornmeal and shaking.

They say you can put silk flowers in a bag with baking (or washing) soda and shake to remove dust. Wouldn't hurt to try. Then you could use a nozzle on the vac to remove left overs.

Try Gund's spray on cleaner for stuffies. It really works.

Build-a-Bear ( sells a GREAT stuffed animal cleaner that really works, & it is inexpensive!

I collect teddy bears and pick them up at garage sales and all of them go into the washing machine with warm water and any laundry detergent, do not dry them in the dryer hang out side to dry then fluff in the dryer and they are just like new. The heat of the dryer seems to singe the material. Good luck Beanie babies come out beautifull.

I have a white beanie baby that gets regular cigarette smoke film on it from time to time. I just put it in a pillowcase and tie a tight knot in the top of the pillowcase and throw it in the washer. I remove it immeditatly from the washer and pillowcase when the cycle is done and brush the fur back into place with my hand and let air dry. You could never tell she's had a "bath" every 6 months for the last 6 years.

What you are looking at is SOOT from the fire, not smoke. That takes a much different cleaning tool. To remove smoke or other smells, just put the toys in a pillow case, pin shut with safety pins, and wash as usual, air dry then toss into dryer 10 minutes to fluff.

You can wash them with oxi clean on gentle cycle won't hurt them I have a teddy bear 15ft tall got soot on it from the fireplace too big for a washing machine so I might just use a rag and a bucket mixed with water and ammonia let u know how it goes

Cleaning Stuffed Animals
Cleaning Stuffed Toys
Home and Garden Cleaning ToysApril 8, 2008
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
Men's leather winter boots.
Removing Smoke Odor from Leather Boots
Child sniffing and hugging large stuffed bear
Cleaning Cigarette Smoke Odors on Stuffed Toys
Stuffed Easter Bunny
Refurbishing Stuffed Animals