A short time ago I saw a post about using hydrogen peroxide instead of regular denture cleaning tabs. I need to know if you use it full strength?
Chapstick from Calgary, Alberta
By (Guest Post) 04/16/2006
last response i heard from this post was, "yes" use it full strength
By Connie A. (Guest Post) 04/17/2006
The Health Benefits of Peroxide.
1. Take one capful (the little white cap that comes with the bottle) and
hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily, then spit it out. (I do it when I
bathe or shower.) No more canker sores and your teeth will be whiter
without expensive pastes. Use it instead of mouthwash.
2. Let your toothbrushes soak a cup peroxide to keep them free of germs.
3. Clean your counters, table tops with peroxide to kill germs and leave a
fresh smell. Simply put a little on your dishrag when you wipe, or spray
it on the counters.
4. After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to
kill salmonella and other bacteria.
5. I had fungus on my feet for years - until I sprayed a 50/50 mixture of
peroxide and water on them (especially the toes) every night and let dry.
6. Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five to ten minutes
several times a day. My husband has seen gangrene that would not heal with
any medicine, but was healed by soaking in peroxide.
7. Put two capfuls into a douche to prevent yeast infections. I had
chronic yeast infections until I tried this once or twice a week.
8. Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water and keep
it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming your septic system like
bleach or most other disinfectants will.
9. Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with your 50/50 mixture
whenever you have a cold, plugged sinus. It will bubble and help to kill
the bacteria. Hold for a few minutes then blow your nose into tissue.
10. If you have a terrible toothache and can not get to a dentist right
away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into your mouth and hold it for ten
minutes several times a day. The pain will lessen greatly.
11. And of course, if you like a natural look to your hair, spray the
50/50 solution on your wet hair after a shower and comb it through.
You will not have the peroxide burnt blonde hair like the hair dye
packages, but more natural highlights if your hair is a light brown,
faddish, or dirty blonde. It also lightens gradually so it's not a drastic
12. Put half a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help rid boils, fungus,
or other skin infections.
13. You can also add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to a load of
whites in your laundry to whiten them. If there is blood on clothing, pour
directly on the soiled spot. Let it sit for a minute, then rub it and
rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary
Thank you so much for posting! Very informative.
By Starlet Jones (Guest Post) 05/19/2008
By using full strength do you mean 3% or 35% hydrogen peroxide?
Editor's Note: 3%
Really stuffed up with a cold? Dip a Q tip in 50/50 Hydrogen peroxide and swab as high up in the nostril as possible. Block the other nostril and sniff to draw the peroxide higher. If you taste it in your throat just spit it out. Do the other nostril. You will be able to breath thro your nose within 30 seconds.