Jack (Siamese Mix)

This is Gentleman Jack Daniels aka Jack. He is 3 1/2 years old and a Siamese mix. Our daughter and son found him under a shed at church. He was only a tiny kitten, the vet estimated only 2 weeks old. He was so young we had to feed him with a dropper for weeks and he only weighed 4 ounces when they found him.

Jack likes to play a game we call "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Kitty". This is where he "hides" in plain sight and tries to jump out and scare us. He also licks and grooms our Jack Russell, Frannie. They are best friend.

We taught Jack to shake hands (just like a dog). He gives a high five and low five on command. Plus, if you ask him for a kiss and he will give you one. Jack loves to go bye-bye riding in the car, but is so afraid of strangers. He almost died when he was neutered. We have a wonderful vet who "breathed" for him for over three hours and went to extreme measures to keep him alive when he had a severe reaction to the anesthesia. They say cats have nine lives. I believe it.

By Leigh H. from Montgomery, AL

Wanted to add....Jack was another one of our rescues that we struggled to keep alive due to him not having a mom, she had been killed by something in the field next to our church. He was our toughest "premie" rescue and required a lengthy stay at the vet when we first found him. Normally we would have kept him here with us, but he required a great deal of extra attention and the quality of care only our vet could provide. Once he was "out of the woods", about a week and a half later, we were able to bring him home and contunue giving him the nurishment and care he needed to survive.

What a sweet miracle you have in Jack. God bless you for caring for him so lovingly. I'm sure he will be repaying you for many years to come.

How neat! Thanks for sharing!

Jack is a beautiful boy and you are lucky to have found each other.

God has blessed you all. I found my Sami at about 7 to 10 days old 16 years ago. Went through the same, but have felt incredibly blessed since the day she found me. I can't put into words what she has brought to my life. She is my baby girl. She is not well, and I hope you all keep her in your prayers. Also, her brother Harry, who I fear will not understand in the end.

Siamese Mix
Siamese Mix Cat Photos
Pets Pet PagesFebruary 28, 2008
Chex Mix
Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
Siamese Cat
Siamese Cat Breed Information and Photos
Bowl of salsa with ingredients in background.
Dry Salsa Mix Recipes
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Jack Sparrow Costume