Stouffer's Tuna Casserole

I have tried many tuna casseroles and found one that I really like. It is Stouffer's microwave tuna casserole. It has tuna, noodles, peas, mushrooms, and sauce.

Does anyone have a recipe like this? I like that the sauce is not too thick or too creamy.
I appreciate your help.

By Annie from Columbia, MO

Hi Annie, I love the microwave Stouffer's tuna casserole, too. I haven't tried to do so yet, but I think it would be fairly easy to recreate at home.

Based on a casserole that would make 4 large or 6 medium servings, this would be my first attempt: Try at your own risk!

Dried pasta noodles for 4-6 servings

3/4 cup frozen green peas (rinsed gently under warm water to thaw)

2, 5 oz. cans of tuna, drained and flaked

1 small (?oz?) can of mushroom pieces, drained

1/3 cup small diced celery stalk

1 regular sized (?oz?) can of cream of chicken concentrate soup

- Plus 1/4 to 1/3 can (the soup can) of milk (just enough to thin the concentrated soup, but not enough to make it runny)

1 cup of fine bread crumbs

2 T Butter, melted

Spray vegetable oil (Pam)

1. Cook the noodles one or two minutes less than package directions. Drain and pour into large mixing bowl.

2. Add the peas, tuna, mushrooms and celery. Stir to combine.

3. In a 2 or 3 cup liquid measure, thoroughly mix the soup and milk. Pour over noodle mixture and stir well to coat.

4. Rinse out the liquid measure cup and use it to melt the butter in the microwave. (Watch this, don't let the butter start cooking!)

5. Remove measure cup from microwave and stir in bread crumbs to coat.

6. Spray casserole dish with Pam then pour in noodle mix. Top evenly with the bread crumbs.

Still just experimenting here, but I'd probably bake it at 350 to 375 degrees, covered, for about 35 minutes, then uncover, to toast up the bread crumb topping, and cook for another 10 minutes or so.

Again, this is untested, so try at your own risk, but it sure seems like this should come out close to the Stouffer's frozen tuna casserole. Good luck and happy eats. :)

KansasCindy,

This sounds good, I will try it on Tuesday.

Can't wait. Thank you,

Annie

This is a recipe a cousin gave me (over 40 yrs ago).

1 Mac and Cheese dinner (I use Kraft)

(it calls for 1/4 cup milk and 1/2 stick margarine)

1 6 oz can tuna or chicken is good also

1 can mushroom or cream of chicken soup (when making a double recipe, I use one can of each) You can also buy Chicken Mushroom Soup.

1 can peas, drained

2 stalks celery of sm can of water chestnuts chopped

Topping

1/2 stick margarine melted

4-5 sliecs of bread crumbled

Fix dinner as recommended on package, add tuna, soup, peas celery, and pour into casserole dish. Melt 1/2 stick margarine and mix with bread crumbs. Put on top of casserole and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Anyone that has tried it likes it. I have people ask for it at dinners and family reunions.

Goes good with fruit or jello salad.

Tuna Casserole Recipes
Tuna Casserole Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Copycat Frozen MealsMarch 11, 2011
Tuna Cans
Uses for Tuna Cans
Tuna Wrap
Tuna Wrap Recipes
Tuna Tetrazzini
Tuna Tetrazzini Recipes
creamy tuna casserole
Creamy Tuna Casserole
🎉
🎄