Cat Repellents

Tips and advice about cat repellents. Post your ideas below.

Thanks for the advise,I'll try the string ower the fence and the orange and lemon peel.I use a sonic device and thought the cats wouldnt come in at all.Must be bloody deaf.

My mother has had that problem for a long time. We started to use fox urine. You can purchase it in liquid, and place it in little containers that are designed for that, and hang them from the lowest branches of trees, or near the plants. There is also a powder form of fox urine that you sprinkle around the plants, and the perimeter of your yard, however, it must be reapplied after you water or after it rains. Either way, both of these are somewhat costly methods, but all in all, they seem to be the most successful. Another thing that often works is sprinkling ground up hot peppers around the area. I am talking about the very hottest ones. The fox urine is completely non-toxic, and it works wonderfully because it scares the living daylights out of the cats. Once they get used to its presence, they won't be back. Check with garden supply places. You might also do a Google search for it.

I read this somewhere and can't remember but it says it is Jerry Baker's recipe:

2and a half parts flour, 1 part Cayenne pepper and 1 and a half parts dry mustard powder. Sprinkle around the area as needed. If it rains, it will have to be replaced.

I have just had an encounter with one of my own kittens up a tree trying to get into a mother protected bird nest.It caught my attention that the birds were out there just squawking away, & there was that cat. Well, I just read your article, and sprinkled a can of coffee grounds around the tree, ran out of grounds & finished it off with crushed toilet bowl freshener...that should work for now.

Also, this thing about water, I onced used a water

hose to spray one of my dogs that would bark furiously at neighborhood cars pulling in after bedtime...after the 3rd spray...she never barked again...Not like that at night...It did take 3 nights.

I searched to find help on this cat situation too. I'm angry that these cats come into my yard and spray on my doors, patio furniture, or anything they want. It's discusting! I can't believe that people are allowing this in their homes (as I've read a couple times on here), I couldn't imagine the cat coming back inside my house after being kicked out for that!

What angers me is I don't own a cat,no one should have to put up with someone else's cat in their personal space. Let's just hope that the "humane" citrus option works! I'm not going to throw away all that money I spent on my yard stuff to some nasty cats.

Homemade Cat Repellents
Homemade Cat Repellents
Home and Garden Pest Control CatsOctober 1, 2004
Homemade Bee Repellents
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
A cat door installed in an old door.
Teaching a Cat to Use a Cat Door
Homemade Insect Repellents
Homemade Natural Insect Repellents