Keeping Cats From Pooping in the Yard

What will keep cats from messing in my yard? I have tried the repellents, I have tried home remedies such as, chili pepper, moth balls, and so many things I can't recall). What else can I do?

By Sylvia

Best Answer

I have Rosemary plants on both sides of my yard and the dang cats sleep under them at night, they love the shelter it gives them to launch out and grab the baby Cardinals when they fall from their nest, so now what...?

Anonymous

Any other animal that attacks or harm Songbirds they should be stopped by any, any means..Many USA songbirds numbers are been reduced in last few decades specially by outdoor cats..Songbirds are Federally protected..stop them..

Cats do not like citrus. Put Orange or lemon peels around your yard and the cats will stay.

Try using orange or lemon peels or lemon scented mr clean cats dont like the citrus scent.

Cats are not chased away with citrus. They lounge under my 8 citrus trees and even climb them after my birds.

Cats hate lavender and rosemary. Try planting these around your garden or simply spray rosemary and water around the area the cats come or are a problem for you.

Anonymous

This actually works 100%: a water bottle w/ water inside (no labels on bottle).

Unfortunately the person who shared the water bottle idea, and went so far as to claim "100%" is absolutely incorrect. It is a popular one, but is still a myth.

It is actually the LEAST effective of any of the repellents listed on this forum. Take a zero off that 100% and it will still be higher than reality.

have you tried chopping up garlic bulbs and scattering them down in the places neccessary . cats hate the smell of garlic their sense of smell is better than ours you would not notice it outside but they will shy away from it ..worked for me anyhows.....