Short Cuts for an Injured Hand

When I had surgery on my right hand (I am right-handed) I came up with some short cuts. I used the dough hooks on my stand up mixer to make meatloaf. I fixed an old sock onto the end of a long wooden spoon to put sun screen on my back and shoulders.

Do you have anymore hints for others?

By Can-amwoman from Illinois

I had both wrists operated on for carpel tunnel..At that time they casted to the finger tips. I dug out the old electric knife and taped the carrot peeler to the tap so I could drag the veg's across it. Getting dressed was a problem so I wore jogging pants and a buttonup shirt with big buttons. Had to go bra-less for the duration.

I broke my right arm several years ago. Thankfully I am left handed but I still had plenty of things I could NOT do. Like putting on my bra. I couldn't reach back far enough to hook it. So I put the bra on the bathroom counter in front of me and hooked it. I then carefully stepped into it and using the left hand only pulled up one side, then the other and inched the bra up my entire body rotating sides as I went. Slipped in my right arm into the bra strap and then my left. I was so proud of myself for accomplishing this. It made me feel much better knowing that I was fully dressed!

Health & Beauty AdviceAugust 12, 2009
A plate of cold cuts and cheese.
Serving Cold Cuts to a Large Crowd
Hand feeding a rescued chipmunk.
Caring for a Rescued Chipmunk
Man choosing meat.
Using Cheaper Cuts of Meat
Using a Computer
Computer Tips and Tricks