Browsing: Slipcovers for Reclining Couches

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Slipcovers for Reclining Couches

Finding slipcovers for your reclining couch may be difficult. This is a guide about slipcovers for reclining couches.

Reclining Couch
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

March 21, 2013 Flag

Does anyone know where I can purchase a slipcover for a dual reclining loveseat with a center console? I have looked everywhere and can't find anything remotely close. Sewing one is "not" an option, as I have no talent for that at all.

If all else fails, has anyone tried covering a loveseat like mine with a normal loveseat cover? Does/would it look stupid with the console poking up through the fabric?

Any input would be so appreciated. Our dogs tore up the side of our loveseat and we can't afford to have it reupholstered right now, but we are so tired of looking at their handy work!

By Jennifer

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You can tack a matching or complimentary piece of heavy duty fabric or upholstery fabric to the damaged side, look for something in the remnants bin at the fabric store or on the remnants pages at JoAnn, Hancocks, or a similar fabric site to save money.

Measure the area you need to hide and add 1/2" to a full 1" all around-this is the size fabric 'patch' that you'll need. After you find it and bring it home, fold over the raw edges that 1/2"-1" extra, then use a tack gun or hammer in upholstery tacks to hold the fabric onto the frame. Don't be afraid to use a lot of tacks to get a taut application.

Depending on the dogs and quality of fabric, this should last you several years.

There are upholstery shops that can redo the entire sofa, or you can search the classifieds and bulletin boards for a seamstress who can make custom machine washable slip covers-consider having at least two sets made so that you have a set to put on whilst the other is in the laundry.

And do consider learning to sew and make your own slipcovers-they actually aren't that hard to do if you take your time and measure carefully, and you can save hundreds on the cost. Here's a good teaching site to have a look at:

http://sewing.about.com/od/upholste ... formation/Upholstery_Information.htm

http://interiordec.about.com/od/sewingslipcovers/Sewing_Slipcovers.htm

A cheap slipcover for lazyboy recliner is... those tee-shirt material sheets. A single fitted sheet size will fit one lazy boy recliner/rocker. Since you have the divider in the middle, you might get two, one for each side instead of a full size sheet. The single fitted sheet fits the chair and you could use the flat sheet to cover the ends the dogs have customzed for you. You could do a little creative folding to make the flat sheets to fit. Regular fabric sheets were my first choice but the tee-shirt fabric is SO comfortable.

I have the same problem and after hours of searching I have decided to use two reclining chair slipcover and tuck the unused arm between seat and console. For console I will cover/ sacrifice the cupholder and cover everything with same slipcover made for long dining room chair. Once I do this I will update if it worked or not.

You could try getting a sofa cover that will fit the length/width of your loveseat and then cutting a slit or two (just enough) for the console to fit through.

April 2, 2015 Flag

I can't find a sofa cover for a dual reclining sofa without a center console. The hardest part is the footrests, the bottom needs to be split for practical use.

By Donna

I don't know how old you are, but, you might consider trying to learn to sew and make your own. The learning process will give you good skills in your future life. If you don't have a sewing machine, there are lots of ways you could consider. Borrowing one, buying a used one, ads, freecycle, craigs list, ask about one to friends.

September 1, 2011 Flag

I have an old and very comfortable dual recliner. I'm having an awful time finding a slip cover for it. Can anyone help me?

By Dianna

Try SureFit Slipcovers. You can check them online or order a catalog. Hope this helps. : )

Call SureFit. They have just what you need. Good luck

November 23, 2010 Flag

I desperately need to find covers for sofa recliners. Any thoughts?

By Moena from fayetteville, TN

Yes! Go to surefit.com, they have all the items you will need. They have wonderful styles & colors.

La-z-boy.com suggests surefit.com

That's where I'll be getting mine for my La-z-boy reclining sofa. What you want is a one piece slipcover. We bought the Jenna for our informal living room.

April 15, 2012 Flag

I have a dual reclining full sized reclining sofa. I am looking for slipcovers. I see no one who sells such a product, any ideas?

By Jack F. from Sevierville, TN

Make your own?

The satisfaction of knowing you made the slip covers yourself is incredible! You can also save a huge amount of money. Sewing your own slipcovers is not complicated or difficult-if you can read and follow directions, and can sew a straight line on a sewing machine (also an easy skill to learn:), the creative possibilities are almost endless.

January 10, 2011 Flag

I have a microfiber dual reclining loveseat and I am looking for a slipcover. Can any one help? Surefit did not offer anything. Everyone one else has single reclining chairs.

By Teresa from Philadelphia, PA

Take a look at http://voila.ecrater.com/

They have quite a few slipcovers for reclining sofas, loveseats and armchairs. The direct link for reclining slipcovers is

http://voila.ecrater.com/filter.php ... mp;keywords=reclining&perpage=80

Hope it helps!

January 10, 2011 Flag

I just bought a new sofa and I am having a really hard time trying to find a slip cover for it. The sofa is the kind that reclines on either side (dual reclining). I do not own a sewing machine and have never sewn from a pattern before, so that is not an option for me. I called the sofa manufacturer and they do not make them or know of anyone who does. If anyone has any leads I would appreciate it very much! Thanks a bunch.

BonBon from Ohio

Answers:

Slipcover for a Dual Reclining Sofa

Maybe you could get stretch covers for the top part that are made for chairs. And then get matching/coordinating material for the seat. Or your could just put on the equivalent of old doilies/antimacassars. I have put tapestry place mats at the head of the chair and on the arms (points of wear) in contrasting colors. (03/20/2007)

By pamphyila

Slipcover for a Dual Reclining Sofa

Pamphyila,
Thank You for your input! The stretchy slipcovers would not work, because the whole end, from top to bottom, reclines. I have three separate sheets on the whole of it for now, but need something that will be more fitted for permanent use. I think that the doilies may be just the thing to "dress" it up in the meantime! If anyone else hears of anything please let me know. Thanks a bunch. (03/20/2007)

By

Slipcover for a Dual Reclining Sofa

Yep, I have a dual recliner love seat too. Our other part is a couch with one recliner and a chaise, there will be no slip covers for us! I've looked at SureFit which is an awesome company, and while they have slip covers for reclining chairs, not so for love seats. I would think in the meantime, the best would be a pretty bedspread. (03/20/2007)

By michawnpita

Slipcover for a Dual Reclining Sofa

michawnpita,
I went to SureFit as well. I also did two days worth of internet searches! I don't get it though, they make slip covers for sofas, sectionals, RECLINING chairs, I even saw a couple for ottomans! As for the bedspread thing, mine is a three seater and I'm not sure a bedspread would be big enough. Thanks for posting though! (03/21/2007)

By

Slipcover for a Dual Reclining Sofa

My first reaction was to cover mine quickly. I first sprayed it with "Scotch Guard". Then I smoothed out a throw over the center part.I used a leopard print.It covers the kick area, seat and up the back.I'm so pleased with it I won't be slipcovering it. You may
easily change with the seasons.Make pillows to match,and the best part it goes to the washing machine when needed. (03/21/2007)

By Dianne Upstate New York

Slipcover for a Dual Reclining Sofa

Thanks Diane! I have been thinking, and I am going to try to hand sew a piece of elastic on each section, under the part that kicks up so that I wont have to keep tucking it back in every time. Now that I think of it, maybe it would work for keeping the back from slipping down to! (03/21/2007)

By

Slipcover for a Dual Reclining Sofa

I have the same problems. I have a recliner loveseat and a recliner sofa. I want to cover up these because the color all faded out and got an ugly pattern (big pastel flowers). Someone found something ?? Surefit told me they don't do these kind of cover.
Help me!
Thanks! (03/21/2007)

By Lagrande

Slipcover for a Dual Reclining Sofa

I have a 3 seat couch that both ends recline. Then I have a loveseat that both ends recline and it has a console between the two seats. I cannot find anything to fit. They're brand new we spent over $5,000 on them. We have to active sons (they don't jump on furniture thank God) but we also have two German Shepard mixes who think they're lap dogs. I need help before our new furniture breaks down and looks like our old set. (03/31/2007)

By Stacie H.

Slipcover for a Dual Reclining Sofa

I need help I just bought some furniture the sofa and love seat both recline I love the furniture so much just not the colour and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to change the colour please and thank you. (04/09/2007)

By bean

Slipcover for a Dual Reclining Sofa

Old topic I know but I thought I'd add my two cents anyway: I put a twin fitted bottom sheet on each of the recliners - not perfect or beautiful but they collect the dog hair and take the daily use like champs.

Jois (08/12/2007)

By Jois

Slipcover for a Dual Reclining Sofa

Has anyone had any luck finding a slipcover for a dual reclining sofa? (12/20/2007)

By Maggie

Slipcover for a Dual Reclining Sofa

I have been searching for days because I have finally had it with my dual reclining sofa and my reclining loveseat (they don't match by the way). I don't own a sewing machine nor do I know how to use one, but I know that Stitch Witch ( the webbing tape stuff that you iron in between two pieces of material) is pretty decent. I think I am going to try the twin sheets, 3 on the sofa and 2 on the loveseat and tack it up some how. I will add pics if it turns out decent! Thanx for the ideas, and good luck all! (12/22/2007)

By Heather

Slipcover for a Dual Reclining Sofa

By any chance have you found any slipcovers for your Sofa? I just got me a new sofa and loveseat and would like to buy some covers for them, with small kids so need soon. So if you have found any please let me know thanks.

mlscsp2(AT)yahoo(DOT)com (01/20/2008)

By Melissa

Slipcover for a Dual Reclining Sofa

I am also having a problem finding a cover for my Dual reclining sofa, it's a Ashley Furniture piece but the company doesn't carry a cover for it. Help Please,
thingsbrown AT hotmail.com (05/29/2008)

By Orsen Brown

Slipcover for a Dual Reclining Sofa

I have looked for years and I can not find them anywhere. When we moved to our new house seven years ago, our sofa and love seat didn't match. I ordered every kind out there and nothing fits the type with recliners. (06/09/2008)

By Debi S.

Slipcover for a Dual Reclining Sofa

If anyone finds any please include me! My duel recliner's got an ugly pattern (big pastel flowers). Found it in a thrift store almost new. (06/26/2008)

By Shelleene

Slipcover for a Dual Reclining Sofa

I too have a dual recliner leather loveseat. I also have a great dane puppy; I am now in need of a black cover! My husband (a/k/a "genius") came up with a great idea after searching and failing to find a cover on any of the sites - purchase two separate recliner chair covers! The cost is actually less than the price for one loveseat cover and it's easier to use and wash! The only downside is the placement of the recliner handle opening in the cover - make sure it matches with the handle on your loveseat or be prepared to close the existing opening and create a new one. (08/10/2008)

By elisa R.

Slipcover for a Dual Reclining Sofa

Sure-fit used to make it.

http://voila.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2497682 (08/21/2008)

By gb4idie

Slipcover for a Dual Reclining Sofa

I am too looking for dual reclining (large) slip covers. I have two labs and they had a hay day on in my house, not to mention my new reclining couches got chewed up, I need to cover them. Will the skirt type slip covers work and still allow you to recline? Anybody know? (08/22/2008)

By Lori.

Slipcover for a Dual Reclining Sofa

I am also looking for a slipcover for a dual reclining couch and love seat. If you have any luck spread the word.

V/R

Daniel (09/04/2008)

By Daniel

Slipcover for a Dual Reclining Sofa

SlipcoverShop.com. They make custom made slipcovers for any style of couch. (09/04/2008)

By hekela1978

Slipcover for a Dual Reclining Sofa

There's a few recliners for sofa and loveseat here:
http://voila.ecrater.com/search.php?keywords=recliningandcid=0
Hope it helps! (11/12/2008)

By Hello

Slipcover for a Dual Reclining Sofa

Surefits and other will fit, but you loose the ability to recline. So you could put it on there, but then it's not a reclining couch anymore. (01/08/2009)

By

Slipcover for a Dual Reclining Sofa

Actually, the few reclining slipcover for sofa and loveseat that are at
http://voila.ecrater.com/search.php?cid=0andkeywords=reclining
are made especially for reclining furniture and will let you recline your dual recliner couch.
Hope it helps!
(02/03/2009)

By hi2u

Slipcover for a Dual Reclining Sofa

Just to keep down cost, I purchased size 4X tee shirts and slipped over the back of each reclining part of the sofa and love seat. WalMart carries very large sizes in tee shirts cost was 3.00 each. When we have company we just take off the shirts. The shirts can also be used for the arms, we use towels for the seats, not a pretty sight, but who will see them but you! (10/07/2010)

By Justjude

November 23, 2010 Flag

Does anyone know where I could find a slipcover for a reclining sofa and love seat?

Consumer Advice Product FinderFebruary 10, 2013
Leather Furniture
Removing Water Marks on Leather Furniture
Brown microfiber couch.
Cleaning Microfiber Furniture
Cleaning a Leather Couch
Vomit on a Leather Couch
Leather Furniture
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 21, 2016 at 12:26:50 AM on 10.0.1.237 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.