Browsing: Slipcovers for Reclining Couches

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Slipcovers for Reclining Couches

Finding slipcovers for your reclining couch may be difficult. This is a guide about slipcovers for reclining couches.

Reclining Couch
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

August 27, 2016 Flag

My cat has lovingly redecorated much of my sofa and now I want to cover it up. The issue I am having is locating a slip cover for a 3-piece sectional sofa with a recliner on each end. Do any of you have any ideas?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 21, 2013 Flag

Does anyone know where I can purchase a slipcover for a dual reclining loveseat with a center console? I have looked everywhere and can't find anything remotely close. Sewing one is "not" an option, as I have no talent for that at all.

If all else fails, has anyone tried covering a loveseat like mine with a normal loveseat cover? Does/would it look stupid with the console poking up through the fabric?

Any input would be so appreciated. Our dogs tore up the side of our loveseat and we can't afford to have it reupholstered right now, but we are so tired of looking at their handy work!

By Jennifer

You can tack a matching or complimentary piece of heavy duty fabric or upholstery fabric to the damaged side, look for something in the remnants bin at the fabric store or on the remnants pages at JoAnn, Hancocks, or a similar fabric site to save money.

Measure the area you need to hide and add 1/2" to a full 1" all around-this is the size fabric 'patch' that you'll need. After you find it and bring it home, fold over the raw edges that 1/2"-1" extra, then use a tack gun or hammer in upholstery tacks to hold the fabric onto the frame. Don't be afraid to use a lot of tacks to get a taut application.

Depending on the dogs and quality of fabric, this should last you several years.

There are upholstery shops that can redo the entire sofa, or you can search the classifieds and bulletin boards for a seamstress who can make custom machine washable slip covers-consider having at least two sets made so that you have a set to put on whilst the other is in the laundry.

And do consider learning to sew and make your own slipcovers-they actually aren't that hard to do if you take your time and measure carefully, and you can save hundreds on the cost. Here's a good teaching site to have a look at:

http://sewing.about.com/od/upholste ... formation/Upholstery_Information.htm

http://interiordec.about.com/od/sewingslipcovers/Sewing_Slipcovers.htm

A cheap slipcover for lazyboy recliner is... those tee-shirt material sheets. A single fitted sheet size will fit one lazy boy recliner/rocker. Since you have the divider in the middle, you might get two, one for each side instead of a full size sheet. The single fitted sheet fits the chair and you could use the flat sheet to cover the ends the dogs have customzed for you. You could do a little creative folding to make the flat sheets to fit. Regular fabric sheets were my first choice but the tee-shirt fabric is SO comfortable.

I have the same problem and after hours of searching I have decided to use two reclining chair slipcover and tuck the unused arm between seat and console. For console I will cover/ sacrifice the cupholder and cover everything with same slipcover made for long dining room chair. Once I do this I will update if it worked or not.

You could try getting a sofa cover that will fit the length/width of your loveseat and then cutting a slit or two (just enough) for the console to fit through.

I bought two high back recliner pet covers and tucked the extra arms down between the two bottom cushions. The ones I bought were rubber back so they don't slip on my leather loveseat.

April 2, 2015 Flag

I can't find a sofa cover for a dual reclining sofa without a center console. The hardest part is the footrests, the bottom needs to be split for practical use.

By Donna

I don't know how old you are, but, you might consider trying to learn to sew and make your own. The learning process will give you good skills in your future life. If you don't have a sewing machine, there are lots of ways you could consider. Borrowing one, buying a used one, ads, freecycle, craigs list, ask about one to friends.

September 1, 2011 Flag

I have an old and very comfortable dual recliner. I'm having an awful time finding a slip cover for it. Can anyone help me?

By Dianna

Try SureFit Slipcovers. You can check them online or order a catalog. Hope this helps. : )

Call SureFit. They have just what you need. Good luck

No, SureFit (spoke to someone on the phone) says that they don't have covers like this.

November 23, 2010 Flag

I desperately need to find covers for sofa recliners. Any thoughts?

By Moena from fayetteville, TN

Yes! Go to surefit.com, they have all the items you will need. They have wonderful styles & colors.

La-z-boy.com suggests surefit.com

That's where I'll be getting mine for my La-z-boy reclining sofa. What you want is a one piece slipcover. We bought the Jenna for our informal living room.

April 15, 2012 Flag

I have a dual reclining full sized reclining sofa. I am looking for slipcovers. I see no one who sells such a product, any ideas?

By Jack F. from Sevierville, TN

Make your own?

The satisfaction of knowing you made the slip covers yourself is incredible! You can also save a huge amount of money. Sewing your own slipcovers is not complicated or difficult-if you can read and follow directions, and can sew a straight line on a sewing machine (also an easy skill to learn:), the creative possibilities are almost endless.

January 10, 2011 Flag

I have a microfiber dual reclining loveseat and I am looking for a slipcover. Can any one help? Surefit did not offer anything. Everyone one else has single reclining chairs.

By Teresa from Philadelphia, PA

Take a look at http://voila.ecrater.com/

They have quite a few slipcovers for reclining sofas, loveseats and armchairs. The direct link for reclining slipcovers is

http://voila.ecrater.com/filter.php ... mp;keywords=reclining&perpage=80

Hope it helps!

January 10, 2011 Flag

I just bought a new sofa and I am having a really hard time trying to find a slip cover for it.

November 23, 2010 Flag

Does anyone know where I could find a slipcover for a reclining sofa and love seat? They both have a recliner at the end of the couch and I can't find anything to fit them. They are very comfortable, but in pretty bad shape so they look ugly. Thank you for any help.

Galia

Answers:

Slipcovers for Reclining Couches

Try surefit.com. They have covers for reclining furniture. (11/15/2008)

Slipcovers for Reclining Couches

I'm sorry that I can't remember exactly, but I think it was Miles Kimball or Walter Drake where I saw them. Both companies have websites. If I find out exactly where I saw them, I'll send another response. Did you try searching the internet? (11/15/2008)

By metroplex

Consumer Advice Product FinderFebruary 10, 2013
Leather Furniture
Removing Water Marks on Leather Furniture
Brown microfiber couch.
Cleaning Microfiber Furniture
Cleaning a Leather Couch
Vomit on a Leather Couch
Leather Furniture
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 10, 2016 at 6:39:37 AM on 10.0.2.28 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.