Organizing Jewelry in a Drawer

I would like to organize my jewelry in a drawer of my dresser. Are there any ideas on how to do that in do-it-yourself way? I do not want to buy the jewelry box, as I like to have everything out of the way.

Thanks,
Lalo

Would an egg carton work??? Try that out!

I have lots of little decorative boxes - & I segregate the jewlery according to type - one box for earrings, one for bracelets, one for pins - and then, of course - one that has everyday stuff I wear all the time....

If you have an entire drawer to use, I would try those drawer organizers they have out for socks and underwear. You should be able to get them at Bed, Bath and Beyond. I don't think they are too expensive especially if you just need one.

Organize necklaces by length, then color, if space permits, because sometimes a certain length is required.

Egg cartons or ice cube trays work great. So do desk organizers or silverware trays. Lots of these can be found at thrift stores for very little.

Hi,

I did the same thing myself. I used various sized boxes in the shallow top drawer of my dresse, including jewelry box drawers and those plastic formed trays that candy comes in. I am very happy with the outcome.

I use a hardware organizer. I think it was about $5 from Target. It works great. Remove the lid. You can hang the hanging earrings from the dividers and put rings in the boxes.

Try to follow me on this:

I was given a large new wonderful desk when I worked years ago, from my mother, with a matching lateral file drawer single credenza. I placed both in my long narrow bedroom, used the extra smoothe file drawer for all my personal items that won't fit anywhere else!

Both are in mahogany looking dark walnut, now worn a lot, but still in use. I moved the credenza next to the bed, added a tall narrow mahogany framed mirror to lean between the credenza top and the wall.

Beside each end of the mirror I placed near-matching

boxed jewelry "wardrobes" from Walmart, I'm sure,

and got a special look, as if an antique piece of furniture from another time!

So, inside the top drawer I have discovered that it's deep enough for a cheap molded glass single stem

VASE...for, guess what? My bangle bracelets and

costume watches! Works so very well, easy to see

them and get them off the neck of the vase as needed. I chose a vase that is thicker glass and wide at the base. They are about .50 in a garage sale, but most folks have a few on a shelf somewhere! Mine is clear, but I'd use colored glass if I had it, too.

Glossy new shoe boxes make excellent rolled sock

containers in the same top drawer as the jewelry.

Between the boxes I keep things like new foam shoe inserts/liners, new panty hose, hair barrettes/clips, and I place safety pins of each size in whatever lucite dividers I have left to use in the lucite boxes of jewelry.

Beside them I found and use the lucite boxes with dividers and lids for small jewelry pins/ odd earrings/ misc. pendants of little value. (I was robbed of all things of any value about 15 years ago!) In the jewelry boxes on TOP, I hang beads,

and odd necklaces/sets of costume jewelry. It really works well for me, even though I am more homebound now that my car is in need of repair!

Since the drawers are so deep in the credenza, and the moving mechanism intended for heavy files, it's a JOY to be able to place heavier stacks inside them.

I use ALL sorts of containers for ALL sorts of things

in EVERY drawer, closet, and on every shelf not so easy to see. It not only keeps things straight, but

makes good sense! God bless you as you work. : )

A small clear box with dividers can be found in Walmart. They sell them as tackle boxes so you will find them with the fishing rods. I have also seen the same box in the craft department to be used to store beads. Each section is large enough to place a pair of earrings, a ring, or a small watch. They have lids so you could stack them on top of each other if needed. They are fairly inexpensive.

What about using a silverware insert. You can divide them up by color or type and stack them with no problem, maybe even label the end with a tag sticking out so you can easily find which one you want.

For those that buy the Intuition Razor refills, the empty containers work great! I seperate by colors or it keeps sets together wonderfully!

i use ice cube trays for my earrings, necklaces

and then a plastic drawer (could use a shoebox lid?) for my bracelets, bigger necklaces/chokers

my friend hangs chicken wire inside her hall closet doors to hang her big earrings on. it's super cute.