Organizing Bracelets

Category Miscellaneous
This is a guide about organizing bracelets. Make these accessories easy to find by displaying them in a creative ways.

I have lots of stretchy bracelets and was keeping them in a box. Trying to find a color or type to wear meant rooting through the box to locate it. In my linen closet in the bathroom, on the back wall, I put a few stick on hooks with a narrow dowel laid across them. I put the bracelets on the dowel. Now one can be found very easily and I am not taking up any shelf room or using a box anymore.

By Monica M from Northeast PA

I have many bracelets and wondered what to use to organize them. A paper towel holder works great for me.

By Kathy from Owensboro, KY

Answers:

Organizing Bracelets

That's a really good idea!
(10/02/2009)

By melody_yesterday

Organizing Bracelets

Get a package of clip on shower curtain rings from a thrift shop or dollar tree, and string the bracelets from them, then either put them on a towel rack to display, or hang them in a closet on hangers!

For more ideas, check out this one I submitted last year. Hope this helps, PBP.
http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf16332435.tip.html (10/03/2009)

By Sandi/Poor But Proud

RE: Organizing Bracelets

Organizing Bracelets

I've used a 12" glass blown-bottom slim- necked flower vase for years for all of my bracelets, placing only the chain ones in the bottom of the jewelry box. There are so many vases intended for single stemmed flowers and very simple arrangements available at thrift stores, curbside being tossed, and accumulated over the years from thrifty friends that you could easily and wisely collect a few of the. Make certain that the bottom is heavy and wider than your arm, the neck slim but thick glass, using the cheapest you find if you place it into a very deep dresser drawer as I do. Good luck and God bless you. : ) (10/05/2009)

By lynda

Organizing Bracelets

This reminds me of what I did to organize my earrings; especially the one that have the "french wire" (dangly-type; or"drop earrings"). I had an old wire rack from an old oven when we remodeled our house.
I spray painted this rack black and propped it on top of an old jewel box.
I hung all of my "dangly" earrings on all of these -oh what do you call them-"racks ". You can see at a glance all of your stuff and if you are really OCD like me you can group them by color.
Even my mother-in-law was impressed! (10/09/2009)

By Angie

I need some ideas about how to organize my bracelets. Right now I have them in a shoe box, but they are all messy. I need some ideas so that I can find and see them more easily. Thank you.

By mimi80

Answers:

Organizing Bracelets

I used a large piece of Styrofoam with long pins to hang necklaces when I wore lots of them. I put a wide ribbon around the whole thing and tied a nice bow at the top and hung it on my wall.

You could get a cheap (maybe Goodwill) picture frame and use cup hooks all around it with a braclet on each one. The frame could stay a wood color or you could paint it to match or contrast your room color. (06/02/2009)

By Judi

Organizing Bracelets

I use a clear plastic bead box that has the dividers that can be changed to make the compartments different sizes. Depending on the number of bracelets, you can get different size bead boxes. (06/02/2009)

By Leslie Hess

Organizing Bracelets

Make or purchase something like they use to display them at the department store. It's a t-shaped stand. Check the Goodwill store or on line under jewelry stands. (06/02/2009)

By dan ward

Organizing Bracelets

Try a counter top paper towel holder, or a counter top mug holder. The towel holder has an upright rod you can put bracelets on. Works well for bangles. The mug holder has 4/6 horizontal arms you can hang bracelets from. You may be able to find either of these at a thrift store. I use 2 paper towel holders for mine. (06/03/2009)

By jean leiner

Organizing Bracelets

I used a T armed towel holder for the bathroom, works great for necklaces too. (06/04/2009)

By Michawn

Organizing Bracelets

I use an expanding hat rack - mine reaches from floor to ceiling, but most have about 8-10 hooks on them. You can even put it up on your closet wall out of sight! I have all my necklaces and bracelets hanging - even several on a peg! Good luck! (06/05/2009)

By Linda

Organizing Bracelets

There is a belt hanger that is a circle. It opens and closes to allow you to add or remove belts. You can use that and hang it in a closet or on a hook on a wall. (06/05/2009)

By Linda Jones

Organizing Bracelets

I won money here by submitting an idea of many uses for old (or new) shower curtain hooks. They snap apart and together and could be hooked to a nice hanger in your closet. Have fun! (06/05/2009)

By Sandi/Poor But Proud

Organizing Bracelets

I make bracelets and to view and store them so I can see them, I bought a cork board and push pins from Walmart and pinned each one hanging down. I group them by crystal, stones, turquoise, or whatever your fancy is. If you want to make it cuter, put fabric on it and tape it in the back. Remember the memory boards for pictures with the ribbons going diagonally? something like that. PS it's great for your dangling earrings as well. (06/05/2009)

By Jan

Organizing Bracelets

I have a hanger contraption that has multiple crossbars on it rather than just the one. The end of each bar opens to slide slacks on so that it would hold 5 pairs of slacks - if it wasn't loaded with all my bracelets! I use a different "theme" for each level - holiday bracelets, gold/silver bracelets, etc. I can see each and every one, and I can hang it anywhere I wish, and they won't slide off because the end of the bar closes. You've gotten lots of good ideas! (06/05/2009)

By Brenda

Organizing Bracelets

I just happened to have a framed mirror above my dresser with 3 hooks on the bottom of it. I hung my bracelets on the hooks and it worked beautifully. I sort them by color. I think you could make a smaller version of a pegged coat rack pretty easily, or buy one. (06/06/2009)

By Kenna

Organizing Bracelets

What I use is a terrific thing I just love. I bought a large box from Joann Fabrics that has many sections for embroidery thread. In each hole I put a bracelet. Depending on how big the bracelet lets me know if I can fit one or more in that space. I have many many earrings. I took ice cube trays and put one pair of earrings in each hole. They are not very pretty, but you can see what they are right away and you don't have to look and look for pairs. Thank you. (06/12/2009)

By diana salyer

Organizing Bracelets

I use plastic bags that are about 1x1 inch I bought them at a flea market but you can get them at a drug story in the pharmacy dept. to put medications in them. I believe they will cost more at the drug store. If you want them in large quantity you can try www.uline.com. I order large quantity items from them for my chemical business. (06/16/2009)

By dan ward