Removing Post It Note Adhesive from a Dry Erase Board

What removes the glue from Post It notes off a white board? As a April Fools joke, my friends covered my white board in Post It notes and now my dry erase markers won't erase.

By Deb from Adams, MA

Try wiping a cloth with a little nail varnish remover on it over the whiteboard. I managed to get rid of superglue using (quite a lot) of nail varnish remover. You'll only need a smear of it.

Try this spray called Goo-Gone. It works great. The bottle is clear and the liquid inside is a faint green. It removed crayon from my wall!

I was taking one of those "stick people" stickers off my back window on my car one day and it left some of the adhesive. For lack of anything else handy, I used some hand sanitizer on a small piece of cloth. I was amazed at how easily it came off!

I've since used it on different things around the house that I've been unable to remove the adhesive or glue from. The hand sanitizer works great!

It'd probably work on your board too. And it's not an expensive brand either. I got this bottle at the dollar store.

Dry Erase Board
Cleaning Sticky Residue from a Dry Erase Board
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceApril 11, 2011
Dry Erase Board
Post-It Notes
Making a Post-It Note Holder
Dry Erase Board
Reconditioning a Dry Erase Board
A dry erase board and markers.
Cleaning a Dry Erase Board
🎉
🎄