Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Cheap or Free Plastic Barrels

Does anyone know a good company or industry that might be a good source for free or cheap recycled plastic 55 gallon barrels that would make good rain barrels?

Thanks,
Deb from Lawson, MO

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Umair Ali R.06/25/2013

Contact This Supplier For Rain Barrels (Empty)

https://www.facebook.com/Drumpoint?ref=hl

By richard t (Guest Post)06/09/2008

I've got mine from a car wash, and local car dealers, who are usually happy to get rid of them. Even got several from a local rebottler of shampoos and such. When I run out, I'll try the coal bottler down the road. Feel free to contact me at r s tidyman at yahoo . com, but of course you need to put that together.

RE: Cheap or Free Plastic Barrels

By Katie [3]07/17/2006

I just made a rain barrel this weekend and purchased the barrel from a vendor who bought it from a soda pop manufacturer. Mine smells like Dr. Pepper! You might try contacting a bottler.

By Kelly [15]07/11/2006

Go to the Car dealers w/shops or any big Tire & Lube. They get their oil in the 55 gallon drums, but I am not sure if you can get plastic....some might have it. My DH used to work at a Toyota dealership, and snagged an empty one and made a BBQ grill out of it. It was beautiful!

Or you can ring your local Landfill/Recycling center to call you if they come in, or to see who sends them that way.