Cheap or Free Plastic Barrels - Categories:

AdviceGardening

Cheap or Free Plastic Barrels

Does anyone know a good company or industry that might be a good source for free or cheap recycled plastic 55 gallon barrels that would make good rain barrels?

Thanks,
Deb from Lawson, MO

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Go to the Car dealers w/shops or any big Tire & Lube. They get their oil in the 55 gallon drums, but I am not sure if you can get plastic....some might have it. My DH used to work at a Toyota dealership, and snagged an empty one and made a BBQ grill out of it. It was beautiful!

Or you can ring your local Landfill/Recycling center to call you if they come in, or to see who sends them that way.

I just made a rain barrel this weekend and purchased the barrel from a vendor who bought it from a soda pop manufacturer. Mine smells like Dr. Pepper! You might try contacting a bottler.

I've got mine from a car wash, and local car dealers, who are usually happy to get rid of them. Even got several from a local rebottler of shampoos and such. When I run out, I'll try the coal bottler down the road. Feel free to contact me at r s tidyman at yahoo . com, but of course you need to put that together.

Contact This Supplier For Rain Barrels (Empty)

https://www.facebook.com/Drumpoint?ref=hl

Home and Garden Gardening AdviceJuly 11, 2006
Colorful Valentine' Day cookies.
Gluten-Free Valentine's Desserts
Cheap Date Ideas, Young Couple in the Park
Cheap Date Ideas
Young woman using computer
Finding Free WiFi Connections
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver, For Sale sign in Window of Used Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 5:06:58 AM on 10.0.1.69 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.