Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Cheap or Free Plastic Barrels

1EmailPrintFollowSave

Does anyone know a good company or industry that might be a good source for free or cheap recycled plastic 55 gallon barrels that would make good rain barrels?

Thanks,
Deb from Lawson, MO

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Kelly 20 512 07/11/2006 Flag

Go to the Car dealers w/shops or any big Tire & Lube. They get their oil in the 55 gallon drums, but I am not sure if you can get plastic....some might have it. My DH used to work at a Toyota dealership, and snagged an empty one and made a BBQ grill out of it. It was beautiful!

Or you can ring your local Landfill/Recycling center to call you if they come in, or to see who sends them that way.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Katie 4 216 07/17/2006 Flag

I just made a rain barrel this weekend and purchased the barrel from a vendor who bought it from a soda pop manufacturer. Mine smells like Dr. Pepper! You might try contacting a bottler.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By richard t (Guest Post) 06/09/2008 Flag

I've got mine from a car wash, and local car dealers, who are usually happy to get rid of them. Even got several from a local rebottler of shampoos and such. When I run out, I'll try the coal bottler down the road. Feel free to contact me at r s tidyman at yahoo . com, but of course you need to put that together.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Umair Ali R. 1 06/25/2013 Flag

Contact This Supplier For Rain Barrels (Empty)

https://www.facebook.com/Drumpoint?ref=hl

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes