Identifying Small Brown Bugs

Determining what kind of insect pest you have, will help you find the best way to get rid of them. This guide is about identifying small brown bugs.

weevil on a leaf
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I found some bugs in my son's bedding today. I was afraid they were bed bugs, but after looking at some pics I am pretty sure they are not. I would still like to know what they are.

They are about 4mm long, elongated, dark brown on the ends and light brown or cream in the middle, but they are not segmented. They have a lot of legs. They kind of remind me of a pill bug, but much smaller and a different color, or maybe a weevil, but I did not find them around food. Please help.

By DJ

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Still feeding the little buggers. I live in Arkansas, and we have Crepe Myrtles, there are a lot in this area. I found some info on Carpet Beetles and it seems they like Crepe Myrtles, so I guess it is inevitable that we would have a few.

Read More Answers...

Does anyone know what these are? They are little brown bugs that look kind of like beetles. They have wings and I think they come in through the back door. They tend to stay in the kitchen and have never been spotted upstairs.

By Megan from OH

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

l tried Cedarcide on some ants last summer and was happy to get rid of that problem. It was really annoying the way they crawled onto the windowsill and onto my computer. I just sprayed the windowsill and window and they stopped coming and some died as I sprayed them.

It's supposed to be good for all insects. Haven't had a chance to use it on any other bugs. It is completely non-toxic to people. I ordered it over the internet because I heard an ad on the radio. It's good for use on everything except plants.

Read More Answers...

What is this bug? It is small, brown, smooth backed, with a small crack down the center. It dies easily when upsidedown.

By Becky from Bryan, OH

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Without a photo it's kind of hard. But here is a google search of a weevil and it it's the right one, you will know.

https://www.google.com/search?q=wee ... ed=0CDsQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=677

Read More Answers...

I have quite a few tiny little "spiders", orangey brown in colour, in my toilet bowl. When I flush, they come back and seem to be trying to get out. What are they and are they dangerous/do they bite?
Thanks.

By Janet S.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I don't know what they could be but I would spray right now! Yikes, never heard of such a thing!

I found two dead, small light brown, oval shaped bugs in the crease of my mattress and one alive. There is no sign of any other bugs. What could they be?

By Ty from San Diego, CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

They are probably bed bugs. Check along the baseboards behind the bed too, at the top of the baseboard. Lift up your mattresses and box springs and check around the bed frame too.

Brenda

Read More Answers...

I have little brown bugs around my toilet. They move very slowly and look like ticks.

By Jim

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If you can post a picture of one it will be easier. If you dont have that ability capture one in a bottle and take it to your local agricultural office,home improvement place or find someone big into bugs (I talked to a guy at a University once about praying mantis).

Home and Garden Pest Control BugsMarch 6, 2013
Smashed bugs on front of car
Cleaning Love Bugs from Cars
Lady Bug on a Green Leaf
Identifying Beneficial Garden Insects
Itching from a bug bite.
Identifying Little Black Biting Bugs
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Removing Bugs from Your Car
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 5, 2016 at 9:04:07 PM on 10.0.0.252 in 361 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.