Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Identifying Small Brown Bugs

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
weevil on a leaf

Determining what kind of insect pest you have, will help you find the best way to get rid of them. This guide is about identifying small brown bugs.

Here are questions related to Identifying Small Brown Bugs.

Question: Tiny Spiders in the Toilet Bowl

I have quite a few tiny little "spiders", orangey brown in colour, in my toilet bowl. When I flush, they come back and seem to be trying to get out. What are they and are they dangerous/do they bite?
Thanks.

By Janet S.

Most Recent Answer

By Elaine S.07/11/2013

I don't know what they could be but I would spray right now! Yikes, never heard of such a thing!

Question: Bugs in Kitchen

I noticed a few small brownish reddish bugs in my kitchen. I have lived on Maui for over six years and this is the first time ever seeing them. They appear to be more round in shape then long and slender. I had a box of Milk Bones for my dog and that is where I found the majority of them.

By Daniel M

Question: Identifying Small Brown Bugs

What is this bug? It is small, brown, smooth backed, with a small crack down the center. It dies easily when upsidedown.

By Becky from Bryan, OH

Most Recent Answer

By Sandi03/03/2013

Without a photo it's kind of hard. But here is a google search of a weevil and it it's the right one, you will know.

https://www.google.com/search?q=wee ... ed=0CDsQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=677

Question: Identifying Small Brown Bugs Around the Toilet

I have little brown bugs around my toilet. They move very slowly and look like ticks.

By Jim

Most Recent Answer

By Suntydt03/30/2011

If you can post a picture of one it will be easier. If you dont have that ability capture one in a bottle and take it to your local agricultural office,home improvement place or find someone big into bugs (I talked to a guy at a University once about praying mantis).

Question: Identifying Small Brown Bugs in Kitchen

Does anyone know what these are? They are little brown bugs that look kind of like beetles. They have wings and I think they come in through the back door. They tend to stay in the kitchen and have never been spotted upstairs.

By Megan from OH

Most Recent Answer

By Valerie N.11/20/2011

l tried Cedarcide on some ants last summer and was happy to get rid of that problem. It was really annoying the way they crawled onto the windowsill and onto my computer. I just sprayed the windowsill and window and they stopped coming and some died as I sprayed them.

It's supposed to be good for all insects. Haven't had a chance to use it on any other bugs. It is completely non-toxic to people. I ordered it over the internet because I heard an ad on the radio. It's good for use on everything except plants.

Question: Identifying Small Brown Flying Bugs

About a week ago I started noticing little brown flying bugs in my bedroom. They don't bite and fly pretty slowly. I did a lot of searching and think they are Anobiid powderpost beetles. I'm having seconds thoughts because I can't find any holes in my furniture. They are attracted by moisture in furniture and I don't seem to have that problem. Although, I have a wicker shelf that's more than 20 years old and that's where I see the majority of them. I pretty positive that they are these powderpost bugs, but I really just need some reassurance I guess.

By Kristin from Charleston, SC

Question: Identifying Small Dark Brown Bugs Found in Bedding

I found some bugs in my son's bedding today. I was afraid they were bed bugs, but after looking at some pics I am pretty sure they are not. I would still like to know what they are.

They are about 4mm long, elongated, dark brown on the ends and light brown or cream in the middle, but they are not segmented. They have a lot of legs. They kind of remind me of a pill bug, but much smaller and a different color, or maybe a weevil, but I did not find them around food. Please help.

By DJ

Most Recent Answer

By DJ09/22/2010

Still feeding the little buggers. I live in Arkansas, and we have Crepe Myrtles, there are a lot in this area. I found some info on Carpet Beetles and it seems they like Crepe Myrtles, so I guess it is inevitable that we would have a few.

Question: Small Light Brown Oval Shaped Bugs on Mattress

I found two dead, small light brown, oval shaped bugs in the crease of my mattress and one alive. There is no sign of any other bugs. What could they be?

By Ty from San Diego, CA

Most Recent Answer

By Brenda09/21/2010

They are probably bed bugs. Check along the baseboards behind the bed too, at the top of the baseboard. Lift up your mattresses and box springs and check around the bed frame too.

Brenda

Solutions: Identifying Small Brown Bugs

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!