Skillet Pepper Steak
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil.
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds of cubed steak.
- 1 large white onion, sliced.
- 2 stalks celery, sliced diagonally.
- 1 large green pepper, long sliced.
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced.
- 2 cans of stewed tomatoes, do not drain.
- 1 can of beef or mushroom gravy.
- 1 cup of water
- Seasonings; All to taste, Season salt, black pepper, garlic seasoning, a fresh sprinkles of crushed red pepper flakes (optional).
- Long grain white rice.
In a large deep skillet, season steaks, put a little bit of olive oil in pan and heat. Then brown steaks on both sides. Add vegetables and saute for 5 minutes, then add 1 cup of water. Add tomatoes, gravy and stir in well. Bring to a boil, Then lower to a simmer. Cover and let simmer for 1 1/2 -2 hours. The steak will be so tender you won't need a knife. Serve over piping hot white rice. Makes enough for at least 4-6.
By Jackie from Norton, MA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 23, 2017 at 8:57:40 PM on 10.0.0.241 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us