Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Removing Candle Wax From My Cat's Fur

A cat's need to check out everything can sometimes put them in a hazardous spot, such as too close to hot melted candle wax. This is a guide about removing candle wax from my cat's fur.

February 25, 2017 Flag

How do I get wax out of my cat's fur?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Use an ice cube. Here is an article: https://www.cut  dle-wax-cats-fur

Ice or trim it out?

I'd love to hear the story of how it got in the fur....cats are always getting into trouble

I was thinking: This should be good!

I personally stand by the ice cube method, it worked really well on our crazy, long-haired cat!

I would try to prim, but if the damage is deep, then get some damp gloves and with minimal water you can peel it off if it is anything like candle wax. If not, put that sucker in a larger box and spray it down (just kidding...if you are). But another thing you could do is get some vegetable oil or cocoanut oil...any sleek oil that wouldn't irritate the cat's hatred of water and, with gloves, peel it off.

I would like to ask for help. Could someone tell me how to get a chunk of candle wax out of a cats tail? It did not burn her but I cannot hold her down long enough to cut it out. It is very close to the skin of the tail. Could someone help me?

Thank you,
Vicky and Oddie from Ontario Canada

Best Answer

I would try swaddling the cat in a large towel. Roll him up like a burrito with his tail left out. You can then remove the wax by cutting. Ice would probably work to harden & breakoff.

I swaddle one of my kitties whenever I have to trim her nails. Otherwise she bites! Think of a newborn infant bunting. Good luck!

Best Answer

I have seen an older lady use a pillow case to hold the cat in, kinda like a horses blinder would be. It can calm the cat some. Just leave it's tail out and try to get some of it cut out. It may not hurt to wrap a blanket around the pillow case too incase the cat try's to scratch through it. Glad it didn't get burned!

Hope this helps some, or someone else has a great suggestion :-)

Sincerely,

Tammy - NC

Best Answer

I ended up using coconut oil to get the wax off of my kittens fur out of between his toes. It was excellent and took it all out and when he licked at it afterwards it was beneficial for him. So was a healthier and safer method.

I would try the sun, especially if they are in a heavy sleep. That was the only way I could trim my cat's claws. And the sun will soften it up too.

A hairdryer should work, or a craft heat gun. Turn it on before the cat's in the room.

Use the towel to bundle the cat, and use newspaper (it's thrifty) under the tail to catch the melted wax.

My poor kitty ran her tail over the was in my electric tart burner. The end of her tail about three or four inches are covered in wax! I have tried the ice thing to no avail, so I have surrendered to trying to scratch the wax off when she is resting. Wish me luck.

I feel 4 your cat. My fat cat was being a goofball and running around the house like it had rabies. He slid on the hard wood floor hit the end table and hit the candle that I just blew out and got covered in wax. He was ok. It just took a lot of ice and a good cat brush. Please try the ice and brush thing on your cat.

My Persian kitten climbs all over tables, and I noticed her tail had something in it, felt it and then smelled it, yup, it was wax from my semi-melted scentsy candle, at least she smells good!.

I tried blow drying and hot water and brushing it out, it got out the clumps but I feel like it just spread to more fur making it sleep and waxy, her tip is still waxy. I'm about to try the ice cube idea, if not she gets her baths on Sundays', we will get it out then! Thanks for the suggestions.

Thank you! This makes the most sense to me!

It would be a wax that would melt at a lower temperature. My cat just did the same. I'm going to try heating the wax up and blotting it up with a paper towel as it melts.

Pets CatsDecember 30, 2016
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
candle
Cleaning Candle Wax from Upholstery
A dog sitting near pine trees.
Removing Tree Sap from Your Pet's Fur
A cat with grease in its fur getting a bath.
Removing Grease from a Cat's Fur
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 26, 2017 at 8:29:33 PM on 10.0.0.113 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.