Removing Candle Wax From My Cat's Fur

Category Cats
A cat's need to check out everything can sometimes put them in a hazardous spot, such as too close to hot melted candle wax. This is a guide about removing candle wax from my cat's fur.

I would like to ask for help. Could someone tell me how to get a chunk of candle wax out of a cats tail? It did not burn her but I cannot hold her down long enough to cut it out. It is very close to the skin of the tail. Could someone help me?

Thank you,
Vicky and Oddie from Ontario Canada

Answers

By Cecilia (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I would try swaddling the cat in a large towel. Roll him up like a burrito with his tail left out. You can then remove the wax by cutting. Ice would probably work to harden & breakoff.

I swaddle one of my kitties whenever I have to trim her nails. Otherwise she bites! Think of a newborn infant bunting. Good luck!

By Tammy. (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I have seen an older lady use a pillow case to hold the cat in, kinda like a horses blinder would be. It can calm the cat some. Just leave it's tail out and try to get some of it cut out. It may not hurt to wrap a blanket around the pillow case too incase the cat try's to scratch through it. Glad it didn't get burned!

Hope this helps some, or someone else has a great suggestion :-)
Sincerely,
Tammy - NC

Best Answer

I ended up using coconut oil to get the wax off of my kittens fur out of between his toes. It was excellent and took it all out and when he licked at it afterwards it was beneficial for him. So was a healthier and safer method.

How can I get Scensey wax out of my cat's fur?

Answers

Best Answer

Apply an ice cube to fur to harden the wax, then break it off with your fingers. Get a metal grooming comb to remove any bits.

Best Answer

Coconut oil will soften it, and be good for the cat's skin.

Best Answer

If you can't remove it with the ice or coconut oil, the next best thing is to cut it out. The fur will grow back and be less harmful than trying to remove it and hurt the cat.

I had to do this with gum one time that got in my cat's fur. I felt like i was hurting the cat trying to remove it, so I just cut it off and it took a couple of weeks and the fur grew back.

How do I get wax out of my cat's fur?

Answers

Use an ice cube. Here is an article: https://www.cut  dle-wax-cats-fur

Ice or trim it out?
I'd love to hear the story of how it got in the fur....cats are always getting into trouble

I was thinking: This should be good!

I personally stand by the ice cube method, it worked really well on our crazy, long-haired cat!

I would try to prim, but if the damage is deep, then get some damp gloves and with minimal water you can peel it off if it is anything like candle wax. If not, put that sucker in a larger box and spray it down (just kidding...if you are).

But another thing you could do is get some vegetable oil or cocoanut oil...any sleek oil that wouldn't irritate the cat's hatred of water and, with gloves, peel it off.

My Mainecoon MITZI, has long hair unlike his mainecoon brorher Rocky, who has short hair. Mitzi long plume tail brushed by a scented wax burner that I thought was safely tucked behind something.
I cut most of the wax out but can STILL feel residue!!
This was 2 years ago!!
I'm so grateful for the coconut oil suggestion!!!
I'm going to try it immediately!!
Wish I could show you pictures... he is a regal, incredibly beautiful creature!!