CatsPets

Removing Wax from a Cat's Fur

How can I get Scensey wax out of my cat's fur?

Apply an ice cube to fur to harden the wax, then break it off with your fingers. Get a metal grooming comb to remove any bits.

Coconut oil will soften it, and be good for the cat's skin.

If you can't remove it with the ice or coconut oil, the next best thing is to cut it out. The fur will grow back and be less harmful than trying to remove it and hurt the cat. I had to do this with gum one time that got in my cat's fur. I felt like i was hurting the cat trying to remove it, so I just cut it off and it took a couple of weeks and the fur grew back.

The coconut oil actually done the job it took a while to work it in and loosen it all up because she litterally managed to dump the entire contents of the Scentsey burner on her back. But i accomplished it, she disnt like it much but she dont go jumping and attacking just anything anymore either. But thank you for your advice.