Removing Candle Wax from a Kitten's Fur?

Our kitten knocked over my wax melting burner. She's covered in the wax which has hardened. How can I get the wax out? It's in the fur really good so there is no way to chip it out or break it off. I tried a warm towel, but it didn't help.

Gold Feedback Medal for All Time! 949 Feedbacks
Best Answer

There are several suggestions on how to do this but it seems the most popular one is to use coconut oil (or maybe olive oil if no coconut oil available?).
This may not work with your type of wax but still worth a try.

The other method is using ice cubes to further harden the wax so it will 'break off or loosen' easier.

Check out these for further instructions.

www.thriftyfun.com/tf55264293.tip.html

www.cuteness.com/.../remove-candle-wax-cats-fur

If neither of these methods helps then you should talk with a groomer but make sure they know about dealing with wax.

Or - you may have to take her to her vet.

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 140 Posts

Here is a safe way to remove candle wax- pethelpful.com/.../how-to-get-candle-wax-off-of-cat...

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 105 Posts
Best Answer

I had this happen once to my cat and the way I got off the wax was by taking ice cubes and putting them on the way and using a flea comb to gently comb the cat's hair. I did try a few other methods but the cat was not happy and it seemed to make it a bit worse.

I know it will take quite a bit of time and you have to be really gentle when combing the wax out of the cat's hair. Just try to keep as much of the water off the cat as possible. I found if I put the ice in a plastic sealed bag it worked mush better for me.

Have you tried using a fine comb and gently working on small sections of fur at a time? Hold the fur and skin towards her body so it doesnt pull so much. Do small sections and let let her go until the next day. Try again.

Pets Cats AdviceJune 8, 2020
🌻
📓
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Removing-Candle-Wax-from-a-Kittens-Fur.html