Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Removing Gum from the Dryer

A wash day mess can happen if gum is left in a clothes pocket. This guide is about removing gum from the dryer.

May 25, 2010 Flag

To remove chewing gum from the inside of the dryer, take a dryer sheet and wet with water. Stick the wet dryer sheet on top of the gummy mess and leave there for 15 minutes, then wipe the gum off. This is fast and easy.

Source: My brother gave us this tip.

By Monica from Cortez, CO

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Worked like a charm!!!

October 26, 2015 Flag

When I found the gum, I didn't want to put a chemical in my dryer, nor did I want to scrape it with a knife and an ice cube. Here is how I got gum out of my dryer fast.

I had saved a couple of those plastic fishnet bottle or candle covers (open at both ends) in my junk drawer. I took a rubber band and sealed off one end of the plastic cover. I filled it with ice and sealed off the other end with another rubber band. I scrubbed using the ice bag as a sponge and followed with a dry rag. It made quick work of getting the gum out of the dryer.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 29, 2012 Flag

To get gum out of the dryer, I just used a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (50% stronger one). This worked better for me than the dryer sheet method which I tried first. First, wet the sponge, then scrub in circular motion. If too stubborn to come off go over again.

Directions:

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This hint was extremely helpful. My daughter left a whole pack of gum in her pocket and the gum was streaked all throughout the drum and back wall of the dryer. I wanted to cry when I saw it. The magic eraser worked like a charm. My daughter will have a sore arm and back from bending over but she did a great job cleaning it all up.

June 4, 2010 Flag

How do you remove melted chewing gum from a dryer?

By Katrina

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try freezing it with ice cubes first till hard, then you should probably be able to chip it away.

Good luck!

Massage a small dab of creamy peanut butter on it and wipe away. WD-40 on a paper towel may be just as good.

Believe it or not, use a fabric softener dryer sheet. It happened to me and I found this tip on another website. Just rub and it works like magic.

April 16, 2012 Flag

How do I get gum out of my dryer? It was left in someones pocket and went though the washer and then the dryer. Needless to say, it's stuck on the dryer walls.

By Deena P.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Fingernail polish remover, or acetone. I'd throw a few white wet washcloths or rags in the dryer for a cycle after you're done removing the gum, so you don't accidentally pull the color out of clothes you've just washed in the next dry cycle. Plus, it will help dissipate the fumes.

Depends if it's in a few places or spun all over the place. I would start with making that room as cold as possible then use a stiff, sharp, plastic ended spatula to scrap the gum off. If it's cold enough, it wiil even "pop" right off. If it's warm, of course, it will just smear it around all the worse.

If it's all over the drum, the acetone idea is pretty good too. Just make sure you put it on the rag and don't pour it in the drum (could dissolve plastic parts). The same would go if you used brake cleaner or carburetor spray. With any of these chemicals, open the windows and ventilate that room well. That is because of the explosion factor as well as fume damage to your lungs and light-headedness.

Best of luck

Mike

July 16, 2011 Flag

How do you get pink, sticky, caked gum out of your dryer?

By Pam

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Rub the gum area with ice cubes in a plastic baggie. Should harden enough to flake off with your fingernails. Use a wet rag to clean up flakes.

Been there, done that! I was ready to wring my son's neck. Then I found a tip online saying to use a dryer fabric softener sheet. I couldn't believe how well it works. Use it dry and just rub. It also works great on the sticky soap gunk that builds up around the edge of the washing machine.

September 19, 2011 Flag

A pack of gum is stuck in my dryer. How do I take it off?

By Mary

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Have you tried using peanut butter or mayonnaise. Put a dab on a small scrubby sponge and in a circling motion scrub on sticky area until it loosens.

September 4, 2010 Flag

My son did his laundry and forgot to take out some strawberry flavored gum. The fabrics were varied, but all are light colored. He put it in the dryer and I now have pink stains on the clothes, and some gum stuck in the dryer. How do I fix this?

By Judy from NY

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 4, 2010 Flag

I found a solution to get dried gum out of my dryer. It was to use a washcloth and the liquid Shout it Out. I would spray the Shout it Out and let it soak and then a few minutes later use the washcloth and it would come off fairly easy.

Chibi

Answers:

Getting Gum Out of a Dryer

This works to get gum out of carpet, so it should work in other places too: peanut butter. Just spread/smear peanut butter on the gum and it will break the nasty stuff down. (They ought to outlaw that vile substance). (10/15/2004)

By Alph

Getting Gum Out of a Dryer

I just read this forum to see what other people said. I would say that the Goof Off will give the best results. In a dryer drum use the new gel Goof Off for best results. The gel will help to get the drum all the way around clean. (12/05/2004)

By sears associate

Getting Gum Out of a Dryer

My oldest son left a whole pack of gum in his jeans pocket and my brand new dryer was laced with sticky residue. I just used Spot Shot Emergency Stain Wipes. It worked like a charm, took about 5 minutes to clean up and did not leave a strong odor afterward! I swear by it. This will become a regular in my household for the "emergencies" caused by my sons. (01/02/2005)

By Angela

Getting Gum Out of a Dryer

Damp dryer sheet worked like a charm. Dried up gum in the dryer came off with very little elbow grease in about 10 minutes. Thanks. (04/21/2007)

By Dave C.

Getting Gum Out of a Dryer

Rubbing alcohol works as well. Put the alcohol on the gum, let it set for about a minute and wipe it off. It takes a little elbow grease, but it makes the dryer look shiny and brand new. (05/31/2007)

Getting Gum Out of a Dryer

I found that the Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner works really well. Just spray it on section by section and let it sit. I scrubbed it with a textured sponge. (08/09/2008)

By Troy

Getting Gum Out of a Dryer

I didn't have any Shout, so I used the Spray N Wash with Resolve in it, with the dryer sheets and it came off really easily! Thanks everyone. (08/15/2008)

By Kimmy

Getting Gum Out of a Dryer

I accidentally left gum in my pockets. I warmed up the dryer and sprayed on Oxiclean and used a sponge to wipe it away. Perfect! (09/02/2008)

By Melissa

Getting Gum Out of a Dryer

Wow, Spray and Wash and the Bounce sheet worked like a charm, fast and easy. Within 5 minutes my extra large dryer drum was spic and span and free of any gum, thanks to all. (09/11/2008)

By Diana

Getting Gum Out of a Dryer

I love this sight. I used Glade Fabric and Air and sprayed it into the dryer, let sit for seconds and then used several dryer sheets and scrubbed it right out within 15 minutes. Thanks to you all for your help and advice. I thought my new dryer was wasted. (10/05/2008)

By Allison in WY

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 25, 2010 Flag

Getting dried gum out of a dryer? Downy, straight Downy fabric softener. I took handfuls of it, and smeared all over the inside of my dryer, waited 10 minutes, and it wiped right out with a dry cloth.

By Theresa from Arthur

Answers:

Removing Gum From a Dryer

My husband had a full pack of gum in the dryer for 70 minutes. It was nicely smeared throughout the entire dryer. He tried scrapping it off with a spatula and it did nothing. Out of frustration I went to the internet, Whoever said to use dryer sheets is a genius! Soak any brand of dryer sheet in water, place on gum spots, soak for 10 minutes. Rub off with the same dryer sheets. It was off in 5 minutes! Thank you.

P.S. My dryer was stone cold when I applied the dryer sheets. (02/15/2010)

By nessaapodaca

Removing Gum From a Dryer

If you run the dryer for a few minutes to soften the gum, without any clothes in it, of course, it makes it easier to wipe the gum out with the dryer sheet. (04/03/2010)

By Wendy1999

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 16, 2009 Flag

How do you remove chewing gum from the dryer?

Colin

Answers:

Removing Gum From a Dryer

I used a plastic spatula and scraped it off after putting snuggle fabric softener on it. It worked really well. racer (03/10/2009)

By Robyn Fed

Removing Gum From a Dryer

A little WD40 on a rag works great! I always wipe it clean with a damp cloth before I put clothes in. (03/11/2009)

By jillian357

Removing Gum From a Dryer

OK, I just had the same problem and I was really upset. I took the advice of: fabric softener sheets. This is the way to go. What people forgot to tell ya is that you must soak the sheets completely, lay them over the gum spots, and let it sit there for over ten minutes. When you go back to the dryer, wipe it all off. It's so easy I almost fell over. You may have to rotate the drum and do each spot, but it's so worth it! Thank God for the internet and smart people! (05/19/2009)

By angelkattexas

Removing Gum From a Dryer

I just used bounce dryer sheets soaked in water. I put them on the heaviest gum spots and let it sit
there for 5-10 minutes. It was very easy to wipe off. (05/28/2009)

By Laura W.

Removing Gum From a Dryer

I tried using wet dryer sheets just like you said! What a lifesaver. It took about 30 minutes to remove all the gum but it was so worth it. (06/05/2009)

By amh4959

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 10, 2009 Flag

There is gum all over the barrel of my clothes dryer. Help, how do I get this off? Thank you.

Marie from Holyoke, MA

Answers:

Removing Gum From a Dryer

I have had gum in my dryer for months. I have tried a lot of different things but it would not budge. This morning I had some extra time, which is rare. I found this web site after I typed in gum in dryer. The fabric softener sheets wet with downy worked really well but it was still some what there, so I got my magic erase sponge out, wet it and it finished the job. My dryer looks brand new. Thanks for the tip, I was going nuts. (11/12/2007)

By RENEE SEMPLE TRACY ,CA

Removing Gum From a Dryer

I have used Goo Gone in the dryer twice - once for crayons & once for gum. After I got the gunk off, I wiped the inside of the drum really well with a wet hand towel, then I dried a load of washed towels. I had no problems!
(11/12/2007)

By marie

Removing Gum From a Dryer

The dryer sheet worked, but much elbow grease involved. These posts that act like it was magical must have been smoking something magical. It works, but it wasn't two rubs then your outta there. (11/17/2007)

By Griff

Removing Gum From a Dryer

I had a whole pack of gum that ended up all over my dryer and what I used was finger nail polish remover. It worked great and with very little effort. (11/24/2007)

By Sue

Removing Gum From a Dryer

The magic sponge did nothing, but the dryer sheet soaked in downy worked awesome! It came right off in minutes. I was so upset because the gum was all over the barrel.
Thanks for the idea! (11/25/2007)

By Sheila

Removing Gum From a Dryer

The wet dryer sheet work like a charm. (11/25/2007)

By motheroftwosoontobthree

Removing Gum From a Dryer

My kids have left gum in their pockets several times - it infuriates me. I usually use nail polish remover which works well, but the fumes are hard to take, to say the least. Today, I ran out of nail polish remover while trying to get MORE gum out of my dryer, so I tried the wet dryer sheets. I honestly didn't expect it to work, but I tried it, and it's FABULOUS! You don't have a headache when you're done! Kudos to whoever figured this one out.
Sharon in Phoenix (11/27/2007)

By guest

Removing Gum From a Dryer

My nephew left a pack of gum in my dryer. I tried for hours to remove it just with soap and water and it just wouldn't work! I googled "gum in dryer" and thanks to you all, I was done in 15 minutes. I recommend removing the dryer door (if you know how to replace it correctly), it makes the job 50 times easier =) Thanks! (12/12/2007)

By Marilyn

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Thank you! Removing gum from the dryer used to be the worst. Thanks to these handy tips it's not a problem. The nail polish remover on the end of a q-tip is great for the clumps and the dryer sheet is a breeze on the skid marks (if you will). Great combo. Happy Holidays & Happy New Year! (12/22/2007)

By Ann

Removing Gum From a Dryer

When I discovered the package of hubba bubba was all over my new dryer, I checked my "Queen of Clean" book and she recommended a product called Stain Devil #1. So I ran up to Hancock and got some. It probably works great on fabric, but I could tell it wouldn't help the sides of the dryer. My search on the internet led me here and I could tell within a few seconds that the wet dryer sheet would work great. Thank you so much. (12/28/2007)

By munkey

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Thank you SO MUCH for the tip on the dryer sheet. Worked like a charm! (12/28/2007)

By Missy

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Two simple steps: spray gum with Spray 'N' Wash, wipe with damp rag, and scrub with toothbrush.
(01/02/2008)

By lo joe

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Awesome! Thank-you. Damp dryer sheet worked wonders. For the difficult places I used fabric softer as suggested. (01/02/2008)

By Cheryl

Removing Gum From a Dryer

I thought I needed a new dryer, but the dryer sheet worked perfectly! Yahoo, now I can do more laundry.
(01/20/2008)

By Andrea

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Thanks for the wet dryer sheet tip; worked perfectly for me too. (01/24/2008)

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Unbelievable how easy that was. Ten minutes and four lives were saved! Husband and 3 kids all leave gum in the pockets. Thanks (02/27/2008)

By Debby, Oregon

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Dryer sheet and Spray N Wash -- worked like a charm! (03/02/2008)

By CJS

Removing Gum From a Dryer

I didn't have dryer sheets or spray n' wash, so I used a scotch bright pad and poured Downy on the green side and just rubbed the gum out. I wiped it with a wet paper towel after. Took five minutes and dryer smells great.
(03/02/2008)

By gumindryer

Removing Gum From a Dryer

I recommend a Mr.Clean magic eraser. I had gum stuck in my dryer by then mounds, I scraped off the big globs using a butter knife; then cleaned the rest with the eraser and with a little effort it came right up! (03/07/2008)

Removing Gum From a Dryer

I used dryer sheets moistened with water while the inside of the dryer was still warm. No elbow grease needed. It was very easy. Thanks for the tip, I didn't think it would work! (03/13/2008)

By Tina

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Brilliant. I, too, thought I would have to get a new dryer. Several dryer sheets and a Magic Eraser later, - all clean! However, it took longer than 5 minutes, -must have had more gum. It worked well to work it with the damp dryer sheet for a while, take a break and come back and use the Eraser - came right off. I also used a putty knife to remove the larger chunks. (04/03/2008)

By CJ

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Get the dryer sheet all slimy and coat the inside of dryer with wet slimy dryer sheet, then it comes off easy with a green pad. (04/04/2008)

By Clark

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Yippee! Just finished a whole day of laundry. The last load was my husband's work clothes. I have a new front loader washer & dryer. I got a nice present left behind in my washing machine - a drill bit! I am sure my washer loved having that banging around. - Then the dryer, I took out the last of the work pants and there was green gum everywhere inside the drum - not on the pants of course! - I typed in "How to remove gum from the inside of a dryer" - very happily read the above and can confirm with almost no effort it works! Two Bounce dryer sheets and some squirts of Spray & Wash - It is all gone! Thank you. (04/06/2008)

By Koren

Removing Gum From a Dryer

I want to let everyone know that you all saved me a great deal of heartache and stress between my husband and my teenage son. My son left gum in his shorts (which I have preached until I am blue in the face to empty your pockets before putting in the washer). Needless to say we had gum all over the dryer. I found this website and tried the wet dryer sheets and with a little elbow grease got it all off! My husband is very happy. Thanks again (04/16/2008)

By Laura C. TX

Removing Gum From a Dryer

We were out of dryer sheets, so we tried baby wipes. Guess what? They work too! (04/24/2008)

By Rick

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Thank you! My dryer will be one week old tomorrow. Today, there was gum all over the inside. I used your hint and it worked. I put my dryer on hot for about 5 minutes and soaked a dryer sheet in hot water. Voila! In less than 20 minutes, the dryer is brand new again. Thank you! (04/26/2008)

By Ellen

Removing Gum From a Dryer

For the bigger clumps, it helps to warm the dryer and use a scraper. For a scraper substitute, an old CD works well, or one of those fake credit cards we all get in our junk mail credit offers. These won't scratch or chip your drum like metal utensils can. (04/29/2008)

By Farcast40

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Thanks for the great dryer sheet idea...definitely warm the dryer first. Worked GREAT! (04/30/2008)

By Sherri I. Lexington, KY

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Worked great! Minimal effort. My son had a pack of gum in his pocket and in about 25 minutes, all the gum is now removed from my dryer. (05/10/2008)

By Amy

Removing Gum From a Dryer

My hands were ready to fall off after scrubbing for an hour with no luck. I knew there had to be a better way so I typed in "remove gum from dryer". WOW, lots of kids leave gum in pants. I got my dryer sheet wet it and the gum was coming off. Thanks who ever discovered this. I also use dryer sheets to get bugs off my car. It works great. (05/16/2008)

By linda d

Removing Gum From a Dryer

My daughter wants to thank you and thank you. The dryer sheet worked, the dryer being hot worked well and the sheet wet with cold water was a god send. She is 8 and really thought she was in so much trouble. We thank you again and again. I'll bet she never leaves gum in the pockets again. (06/11/2008)

By SHERRY PERRY, MO

Removing Gum From a Dryer

A little role reversal here. My wife left gum in her pants pocket and since I do all the laundry I was the one left with the mess. A wet Bounce dryer sheet, after running the dryer empty for 10 minutes to get it hot worked perfectly, quickly and easily. (06/26/2008)

By Geni's Husband

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Great idea! My husband left gum, or what may be Starburst candy in his pockets. Dryer sheets work great to shine up kitchen/bathroom faucets too. Use a dry one. (07/14/2008)

By Melissa

Removing Gum From a Dryer

We had gum in the dryer yesterday - Bubbalicious bubble gum to be exact. Even after warming the dryer and using hot soapy water on a sponge, we weren't getting anywhere. I thought of what works best on organic stains and I sprayed the spots with OxiClean laundry stain spray, and everything wiped right off with a paper towel and no scrubbing. My dryer smells super fresh now too. (07/31/2008)

By Lucy

Removing Gum From a Dryer

I had gum all inside my dryer and of course I ruined all my clothes. But I got some ideas after reading all these stories. I didn't have liquid fabric softener so I used oven cleaner. It actually had a lemon scent to it and it smelled pretty good. Anyway, I then used a dryer cloth and rubbed it in the oven cleaner and it came right off. I then went over it with the magic eraser and it finished off the loose parts I missed. I finally wiped a wet rag in the dryer and it looked brand new! Worked great and took approx 10 mins. (08/06/2008)

By psu6299

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Also, what works great is a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (08/08/2008)

By April

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Before checking this website. I scrubbed and scrubbed with soap and thought I would never get the gum out. Then I decided to google it and sure enough it was on the internet. I sprayed the inside of the dryer with OxyClean let it sit for a minute and used dryer sheets to wipe the gum off and they worked great! The dryer was still warm too :) Thank you everyone. (08/29/2008)

By Eman

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Spray simple green, let it sit, and use sham. Wow, works like wonders. (09/01/2008)

Removing Gum From a Dryer

My mom washed my clothes and I forgot to look in my pants pockets. When she opened the dryer all the clothes were covered in gum, and when she took out the clothes the drum had a lot more gum. So I scrubbed with hot water, alcohol, and a steamer, and those did not work. So I found this site and used oven cleaner with a dryer sheet and it worked. Thanks. (09/01/2008)

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Something that works better than a dryer sheet is Fabreeze fabric refresher. Very little scrubbing required.
(09/02/2008)

By Sue

Removing Gum From a Dryer

OMG! I am so thankful for this website. Tonight I did laundry not realizing that I had a pack of gum in my shorts and it about ruined the brand new dryer my father in law bought. I was in a total panic & didn't know what to do. I didn't say anything and instead I came online and did a web search on removing gum from a dryer and this website came up. I did the dryer sheet advice and it worked awesome! I soaked a dryer sheet with hot water, turned on the dryer for a few minutes and then cleaned it with the sheet and the gum came right off in seconds! Thank you so much! (09/14/2008)

By Thankful

Removing Gum From a Dryer

My daughter's friend was like many here and figured she would be in trouble. Well, her and my daughter scrubbed and scrubbed before they told me. Anyway, I heated the dryer, used some liquid detergent on the scouring side of a sponge and in no time the gum and ink (prior occasion) came out. Wiped it with a clean damp cloth and all is right with the dryer. (09/18/2008)

By Andi

Removing Gum From a Dryer

I've never seen a dryer so coated with gum. My husband left a whole pack of gum in his work pants. The magic eraser worked beautifully, thanks so much! (09/28/2008)

By CCA

Removing Gum From a Dryer

I'm glad I googled this subject. I used Oxyclean laundry spray and a dryer sheet and wiped it out with a damp towel. Took me 10 minutes. Thanks everyone! (09/30/2008)

By Sheri

Removing Gum From a Dryer

I tried the wet dryer sheet, it worked great. Thanks for the great advice. Not even Heloise could have given that advise, LOL (10/09/2008)

By soccermom

Removing Gum From a Dryer

I just used a Bounce sheet soaked in warm water and voila, it worked! It even took out the blue pen ink stains I had in the dryer also. Thanks! (10/12/2008)

By Yolanda

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Thanks. I used a wet dryer sheet, and warmed up the dryer for a couple of minutes. Took every bit off. (10/16/2008)

By connie

Removing Gum From a Dryer

My wife was upset with me, as I left a full pack of gum in my dress shirt. It made a total mess of the dryer. I googled a solution and hit this site first. AMAZING! I heated up the dryer for about 5-8 mins. Took the damp Dryer Sheet as suggested. Voila, within seconds all the gum came out; and it smells fresh too. A huge thank-you to all who posted this! I'm in the Wife's good books again. Wooo Hooo! (10/29/2008)

By JAMNJohnny

Removing Gum From a Dryer

I tried the dryer sheet, and it worked. Unfortunately, it takes a while to get it all. I tried spraying Simple Green and a scrubber. Came right off. (11/14/2008)

By Nick

Removing Gum From a Dryer

My 18 year old was home for Thanksgiving and left a huge pack of gum in his pocket. Major mess. I used the dryer sheet after heating it up and it worked like a charm. (11/30/2008)

By Lee

Removing Gum From a Dryer

A wet dryer sheet works wonders on removing gum. Run dryer for bout 5-8 mins then use wet dryer sheet to remove gum. It takes a little scrubbing, but it does work. Also, Goo Gone will remove gum too. (12/05/2008)

By In Florida

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Didn't have gum in the dryer, but had it all over the washing machine. I tried the wet dryer sheet in the washing machine and it worked. Although the basin isn't warm like the dryer, if you run the dryer sheet under hot water and scrub, it comes right off. Amazing tip, thanks! (12/07/2008)

By Lori

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Thank you so much! The wet dryer sheet worked great. (12/16/2008)

By Dixie

Removing Gum From a Dryer

So as seldom as my roommate actually does his laundry, he totally washed not only a whole pack of spearmint orbit, but also 3 pens and a total of 37 cents. As I go to start my laundry load I noticed all this stuff in the bottom of the washer, I slowly opened the dryer door (should of had jaws music playing in back ground) and saw a ton (I mean literally a ton) of green gum in my dryer! I can't wait to get home to try the dryer sheets! FYI; soap and water doesn't work. Thanks to all of y'all, for these tips. (12/31/2008)

By In Need Of A New Roomate , VA

Removing Gum From a Dryer

I put my clothes in the dryer and they had gum in the pockets. It got everywhere and had no idea how I was going to get it off. So I got online and used the dryer sheets and rag and water. It worked out good. Thanks everyone.
(01/13/2009)

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Don't forget to wet the dryer sheet in warm water before you try and scrub. It is very helpful! :) (01/14/2009)

By Diaz

Removing Gum From a Dryer

I ran the dryer for 10 minutes and tried the dampened dry sheet. It was working but then I switched to a Magic Eraser. It worked almost twice as fast. Start with the Magic Eraser if you have one. (01/19/2009)

By Zoe

Removing Gum From a Dryer

No need to warm up the dryer, that makes it gunky. Leave it cold, get a dryer sheet, dip it in a glass of hot water, and scrub away- it's awesome- takes it right off! (01/27/2009)

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Goo Gone is magic, worked for me. Let it sit on the gum for a few seconds then use a chisel, spatula, or thin item, maybe a credit card (obviously an old one you don't care about) and the gum scrapes right off. (02/05/2009)

By Lisa

Removing Gum From a Dryer

The wet dryer sheet works amazing. Minimal elbow grease was needed and the gum was cleaned up completely. (02/08/2009)

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Excellent advice! I wet the dryer sheet and put it on top of a nylon scrubbing pad. Gum removal was actually easy! (02/17/2009)

By ALICE

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 9, 2007 Flag

My sons pants went through the dryer with gum in the pocket. How do I get the gum off the dryer wall?

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 9, 2007 Flag

Gum left in child's pocket was washed and dried. Now the gum is stuck on the inside walls of my dryer.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 8, 2006 Flag

My husband left a pack of gum in his pants pocket, I didn't know this of course until I washed them and found the gum stuck to the side of the washer.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 8, 2006 Flag

My daughters left gum and stickers in their pockets. Now I have gum and stickers on the drum of my dryer.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesDecember 2, 2012
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
young boy blowing huge bubble
Removing Gum From Carpet
Removing Gum From Shoes
Removing Gum From Shoes
Removing Gum from Hair
Removing Gum from Hair
👒
🐰
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 20, 2017 at 3:25:35 AM on 10.0.0.247 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.