Individual Pizzas

Thrifty, tasty, and low sodium individual pizzas can be made quickly and easily. The contents are as varied as any pizza restaurant, and just about as tasty. I just use what I have at hand; left over roasted chicken or beef, for instance.

For each pizza, take a standard white flour tortilla. Lay it on aluminum foil or a cookie sheet in a toaster oven, or in the oven. Use enough ingredients to cover the tortilla, but leave the edge clear

Toppings

• Tomato sauce or ketchup (I find this to be optional)
  • meat of choice
  • cheese, of choice
  • veggies of choice
  • onion or garlic (or both, fresh is best, dried is fine)
  • spices of choice: crushed red pepper, oregano, bay leaf, paprika, etc.

Directions

Soak dried onion or garlic for a minute or two in a little water first.

Bake for about 4 minutes-but watch it like a hawk, the tortillas can burn quickly. Toaster ovens are notorious for being hotter towards the back, so cook in 1-2 minute intervals on the lowest setting and rotate the tortillas. You can only cook one at a time in the smaller toaster ovens.

This takes around 10 minutes to make, if you already have left-over meat to use. Chop some veggies, slice some cheese, chop some meat, layer it on the tostada, pop it in the oven, and a very tasty and filling meal is ready, and a good deal healthier and cheaper than a pizza store. Pre-chop the meat and freeze it and even less time is spent on cutting during pizza making, but defrost it first before you use it.

Source: Created by me from scratch from what I had on hand on a day too hot to cook anything fancy or heat the kitchen up much.

By nekocat from Oregon

My mom made individual pizzas when I was a kid (50 years ago) out of split English muffins, spaghetti sauce and shredded cheese. Toast the muffin half first, then place the mini pizza under a broiler or top brown in a toaster oven. Nothing glamorous, but we liked them.

French Bread is great for these - you can also buy the pepperoni at your local grocery store - kids love these.

Individual Pizzas
Individual Pizza Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Recipes for KidsAugust 3, 2009
Retirement Gift Ideas
Retirement Gift Ideas
Pizza Bagels
Pizza Bagel Recipes
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Playing Cards Costume
Making a Pied Piper Costume
🎄