Individual Pizza Recipes

Category Pizza
A number of breads can be used to make little pizzas at home. This page contains individual pizza recipes.

I like this recipe because it is easy and quick. Make 1 for a snack or make more to make a meal. Each pizza can be individually made to please each person.

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Place tortilla on cookie sheet. Spread pizza sauce on tortilla and add cheese. Bake at 325 degrees F for 10-12 minutes. Or until cheese is bubbly and starts to brown a little.

By Erica from Elizabethton, TN

Lady Bug Pizzas are a good afternoon snack for kids after school. Your kids 5+ can help cook, and it doesn't ruin their appetites.

• 4 Tbsp. pesto, store-bought or homemade
  • 2 sandwich-size whole-wheat English muffins, split
  • 1 cup shredded Provolone or mozzarella cheese
  • 4 slices tomato
  • 1/4 cup pitted black olives, chopped

Directions:

Preheat the oven or toaster oven to 400 degrees F.

Spread 1 tablespoon on the pesto on each muffin half. Top each pizza with 1/4 cup cheese. Top the cheese with a slice of tomato, and scatter the olives over the tomato to look like the dots on a lady bugs back. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until very crisp and the cheese has melted. Serve warm.

Kids can shred cheese, chop olives, and assemble pizzas.

Servings: 4
Prep Time: 15-30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 7-8 Minutes

By Patricia from Zebulon, NC

To make sure I always have "pizza crusts" available in my freezer to make quick pizzas for a hasty supper or for individual pizzas or snacking pizzas, I shop the reduced bread rack at the grocery store. I find lots of great reduced deals at Kroger and Wal-Mart, to name a couple major chains. At these stores, I commonly find marked down specialty flat breads which are great for making little pizzas. I would never pay full price for these breads, but they mark down very cheaply. I buy all of them and put them in the freezer for future use.

My favorites are: soft flatbreads made for sandwich wraps, pitas and naan flatbread (which also come in garlic flavor) These are all thicker than tortillas to make a sturdier crust, but still cook quickly and taste like "real pizza."

To assemble these, I grab some breads out of the freezer and put them under the oven broiler to begin to cook for a few minutes while I just reach for leftover meat or pepperonis (which I keep in the freezer), some cheese, vegetables and sauce. Since they cook quickly, pre-cooked ingredients are best. I take the breads which have been browning out of the oven, top with some sauce, sprinkle on the cheese and add the cooked meat or pepperonis and vegetables. Then they go back under the broiler for a few minutes with a careful eye, or in the oven at 425 degrees F for a few minutes. I've never tried these in the microwave but it may work.

My family says the crust on these tastes just like regular pizza, but they are fast and I can make them to individual preference. But they are also very cheap because I bought the crust off the reduced bread rack!

Note: These breads also make a great garlic cheese bread. Substitute butter and garlic powder (or leftover garlic dipping sauce from carry-out restaurant pizza) for the sauce and just add cheese, then broil or bake. Quick and tasty side for lots of meals!

I recently started using the layered biscuits to make mini pizzas. It's better not to use the off brands. These are great to include the kids in making and are really quick and simple with just 4 steps.

1. Pull biscuits apart by the layers where ever is easy or at your desired thickness.

2. Put them in a pan and toast them.

3. Top your way, but remember they'll only cook for a couple more minutes.

4. Back to the oven to melt the cheese and voila, you have perfect mini pizzas.

To maximize quickness, I use a toaster oven on the broiler setting and turn the crusts when I am toasting. I don't really consider this a recipe, because who hasn't made biscuit pizzas, just a tip to use the layers instead. I hope that it can help make your snack time or quick lunch even quicker.

By Kim B from St. Elmo, IL

Thrifty, tasty, and low sodium individual pizzas can be made quickly and easily. The contents are as varied as any pizza restaurant, and just about as tasty. I just use what I have at hand; left over roasted chicken or beef, for instance.

For each pizza, take a standard white flour tortilla. Lay it on aluminum foil or a cookie sheet in a toaster oven, or in the oven. Use enough ingredients to cover the tortilla, but leave the edge clear

Toppings

Directions

Soak dried onion or garlic for a minute or two in a little water first.

Bake for about 4 minutes-but watch it like a hawk, the tortillas can burn quickly. Toaster ovens are notorious for being hotter towards the back, so cook in 1-2 minute intervals on the lowest setting and rotate the tortillas. You can only cook one at a time in the smaller toaster ovens.

This takes around 10 minutes to make, if you already have left-over meat to use. Chop some veggies, slice some cheese, chop some meat, layer it on the tostada, pop it in the oven, and a very tasty and filling meal is ready, and a good deal healthier and cheaper than a pizza store. Pre-chop the meat and freeze it and even less time is spent on cutting during pizza making, but defrost it first before you use it.

Source: Created by me from scratch from what I had on hand on a day too hot to cook anything fancy or heat the kitchen up much.

By nekocat from Oregon

Tortilla pizzas are a lower calorie alternative to traditional pizza. They are quick to make and can be topped with all of your favorite toppings.