Easy Lemon Cookies

This is one of the easiest cookie recipes ever. Only 3 ingredients and they are oh so delicious!

• 1 Lemon Cake mix
  • 2 cups cool whip, thawed
  • 1 egg

Directions:

Mix ingredients together. Make into balls and roll in powdered sugar. Cook at 350 degrees F until lightly brown.

Source: This recipe came from a TV show in Nashville, TN called "Talk of the Town".

By Diane P from White House, TN

After making this recipe, here are my thoughts. I used a medium egg and added a few drops of water until I could get all the cake mix incorporated. I used a dry cookie sheet (no buttering) and they did not stick. The batter is very sticky and difficult to get into a ball. I spooned out the batter and rolled it in the sifted sugar. They do spread to about double the ball. I baked them for about 9 minutes. The bottoms were brown and crispy with the inside chewy. The confectioners sugar makes them pretty, but it is messy while eating them as usual. They have a good lemony flavor. I will make them again. They are a nice change of pace from chocolate chip or oatmeal. I got 44 two-inch cookies.

I'm not a very good cook (My husband does most of the cooking but doesn't make cookies.) and was a little leery of making them with so little information in the recipe. I like everything spelled out for me. lol So I took a small risk (used a $1 box of cake mix, an egg and some cool whip plus my time). You probably are getting the picture that I am not a risk-taker. I do not like to experiment often. This time I am happy to report it all worked out. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

Lemon Cookies
Lemon Cookie Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Cookies Cake MixMay 3, 2011
lemon cookies
Lemon Drop Cookies Recipes
Lemon Squares on a plate with lemon slices.
Lemon Squares Recipes
Keeping Homemade Cookies Fresh
Keeping Homemade Cookies Fresh
🎉
🎄