Handpainted Border Decor

My sister and I painted this border on her living room walls. She sponge painted several colors of green on the walls, then masked off and painted a beige border. Then, using bottled acrylic paints, we painted the flowers, leaves, and vines, freehand. The technique is similar to Donna Dewberry's style, and the trick is to keep the shapes loose and free, with some designs going above and below the solid border.

The flowers literally dance around all four walls, and it is a delight to see - more interesting than a wallpaper border. We had a blast doing this project together!

Gorgeous! You and your sister should go into business!

Not only pretty to look at but how fun! You and your sister make a great team wish I lived close to you,

I'd hire you,,,

Nice job. I like how the vines kind of " drip " off the beige border. I have also done stenciling in some rooms, makes you feel good, doesn't it??? Thanks for sharing. ~ Holly

That is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love that, what a creative pair you both are!

I LOVE it!!! Thanks for sharing!! It brings back some memories of the morning glories in my Grandma's fenceline!!

Woman with lots of painting options
Wall Painting Ideas
Photos Home ImprovementApril 18, 2007
Garden Border
Garden Border Ideas
Lady's Mantle
Growing Lady's Mantle
White wall with dark green sponge painting.
Sponge Painting Walls
Border Collie
Border Collie Breed Information and Photos