Getting Rid of Wood Bees

How do I get rid of carpenter bees?

Hardiness Zone: 7b

By tntz71 from Charlotte, NC

I cannot stand those bees staring at me when I go outside! Very curious/nosy creatures! When I find the little holes they have drilled in my wood deck, I squirt them up in the hole. They hate it and leave!

Don't get rid of 'em! Just give them little nails, hammers and saws and put 'em to work on your back porch! Same with carpenter ants...

I have found a real solution. Spray WD-40 into the hole. Yo need to use the one with the stick on the nozzle. Put the stick into the hole and spray a good amount. The bees will come out and fall to the ground dead. It also kills the larvae they lay in the holes. That is why they are boring in the first place.

If you spray the WD-40 on the bare wood, they will not go around it. I sprayed it all under my deck and they have not come back. Try it! A family member from up north told me to do this and it has worked great for me!!

Carpenter bee drilling into wood.
Getting Rid of Carpenter Bees
Home and Garden Pest Control Bees & WaspsApril 10, 2011
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Chopping Wood, Axe in Wood Log
Chopping Wood
bee on a flower
The Benefits of Bees in Your Garden
bumblebee
Getting Rid of Bees
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 7:54:50 PM on 10.0.2.145 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.