Protecting a Countertop From Candle Wax

I have gotten some pillar candles and tea candles, but don't know if it is OK to place the candle on wax paper to protect the counter top surface.

By Prish

I put mine on/in a ceramic saucer or dish.I pick them up for next to nothing at yard sales or thrift stores.

Ditto keeper60. I have some little saucer/dishes that I picked up at specialty shops, and I also have a couple cute saucers from the thrift store. I think this would be better than waxed paper.

Agree with Keeper60 and Mrs.story! And what if the candles burned all the way down to the wax paper? Possible fire?

You can make some cute candle stands with a cup and saucer from the thrift store (they don't even have to match!) Turn the cup over, glue the saucer bottom to bottom of the cup with a good glue for glass or ceramics or the glue that I believe is called E6000. You could co-ordinate with where ever you are placing them and the cup handle is a handy holder for moving the candle (unlit of course!)

Even a metal jar lid will work. Please do not use anything "paper". Also, never leave a candle unattended. I love candles but hate fires. Be safe.

You want to have something that will catch wax if the candle should burn unevenly and have wax pour down the side. I haven't had much problem with tea candles, but some pillar candles burn evenly, and others don't. Sometimes it is the length of wick, or a breeze in the room, or just the kind of candle. If you want the look of no holder, you can get small round glass stands at the dollar store for $1, usually. You can also use dessert nappies, saucers, custard cups, or place several on a large glass plate for a grouping.

Nice Countertops
Protecting Your Countertops
Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousJanuary 4, 2011
Kitchen Countertop
Kitchen Countertop Color Advice
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Cleaning Candle Wax from Upholstery
Using Leftover Candle Wax, Melted Candles
Using Leftover Candle Wax