Cook With Coconut Oil

Health is on everyone's mind, and a healthy body starts with what you put into it. Coconut oil, and coconut products are at the forefront of nutritional subjects with claims of internal and external rejuvenation! My brother claims it has helped his Parkinson's disease. My best friend cooks with it and rubs it on her skin! I won't go into the myriad of claims made here, but believe me, there's hundreds!

I pop popcorn in coconut oil Microwave popcorn is terrible for you, not always pleasant to eat, and expensive! Popcorn popped in food grade coconut oil pops up unbelievably light and fluffy. No flavor of coconut, just lovely popcorn. My kids like it with butter and brown sugar for homemade caramel corn. Just melt the brown sugar in the butter and pour over the popcorn. For dieters or diabetics, the popcorn popped in coconut oil is really good plain. Coconut oil is a free food with no carbohydrates.

By Flintmoonwitch from Flint, MI

Sorry, but not all agree that coconut oil is wonderful to eat. It is high in saturated fat and should be consumed sparingly, if at all. It still contains plenty of calories. I'd rather use canola oil for popcorn or potatoes.

I agree with OliveOyl.

I too must agree with previous posters. My neighbor is singing the praises of coconut oil lately so I did some research. I'm sticking with my canola.

It's not a diet food, but is a free food for diabetics, no carbs. What is a Canola? I never heard of a Canola? I know there is Canola oil, but what is a Canola? I use Grape seed oil, and Walnut oil, and olive oil, and sesame seed oil. But when it comes to my health, I don't skimp on the cost, I want health more than I want money saved.

Flintmoonwitch, maybe "canola oil" is similar to "baby oil", haha, just joking.

Actually it is a word made up: "CA"nadian "O"il, "L"ow "A"cid...CANOLA.

I found this link on coconut oil which doesn't sound good:

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/id/QAA316479

@ Flintmoonwitch: Canola oil is made from rapeseed.

Coconuts
Cooking With Coconut Oil
Food and Recipes Food Tips Healthy EatingMay 21, 2010
Coconut Oil
Buying Coconut Oil
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
Coconut
Uses for Coconut Oil
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
🎉
🎄